***SOLD***CORBIN Gunfighter & Lady Saddle (fits Honda 919 CB900f) - Wrist Twisters
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Clay Allred
  • 1 Post By Clay Allred
  • 1 Post By Clay Allred
  • 1 Post By Bryce919er

post #1 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
Clay 919

Garage
***SOLD***CORBIN Gunfighter & Lady Saddle (fits Honda 919 CB900f)

Arguably the best Hornet seat every made! It's in excellent condition, no rips, tears, holes or repairs. Always garage stored (often under a cover). That's about all there is to it. $300 and it'll show up at your house!

Thanks all - ride on!
Attached Images
File Type: png top.PNG (295.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png Bottom.PNG (300.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: png Side one.PNG (295.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: png Side two.PNG (304.3 KB, 34 views)
CB 919 likes this.

Shiny side up!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 01:12 PM
The Dead Head

Garage
wow.....killer deal. If I didn't just have my Sargent done, I'd scoop this up in a heartbeat! I'm still tempted. Do you have this on eBay as well?

Common Sense...so rare, it's kind of like a SUPER POWER!
post #3 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 01:52 PM
So Far So Good

looks like i'm going to get the saddle before buying the horse.
Where do I sign?

Birddogvet

post #4 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 03:01 PM
The Cripple

Nope not the best one. It's the bread loaf version. Plus it has udlations.

post #5 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Clay 919

Garage
That's cool CB 919. I really like the way those look. The sport one with the tapered back is really nice. But, I've never ridden with one. They certainly make some of the nicest saddles!
CB 919 likes this.

Shiny side up!
post #6 of 9 Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 PM
The Dead Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Allred View Post
Arguably the best Hornet seat every made! It's in excellent condition, no rips, tears, holes or repairs. Always garage stored (often under a cover). That's about all there is to it. $300 and it'll show up at your house!

Thanks all - ride on!
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm curious as to how well it mounts? I guess Corbin makes their own seat pan as it's nothing like a 919 pan I've seen. I don't see the plastic hooks that anchor the back of the seat. It looks like the only points of mount contact are the front and around the lock. Maybe it's an improvement over the OEM pan, it just looks strange/foreign to me. Does it move around less than a stock pan when it's mounted on the bike?

post #7 of 9 Old 04-22-2017, 08:40 AM Thread Starter
Clay 919

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB 919 View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm curious as to how well it mounts? I guess Corbin makes their own seat pan as it's nothing like a 919 pan I've seen. I don't see the plastic hooks that anchor the back of the seat. It looks like the only points of mount contact are the front and around the lock. Maybe it's an improvement over the OEM pan, it just looks strange/foreign to me. Does it move around less than a stock pan when it's mounted on the bike?
I know it seems weird, but I have the OEM saddle, and the Corbin is more stable. There's no flex or wiggle with the Corbin. It's solid.

Also this seat is ***SOLD***

If admin would like to update that, I'd be grateful. Thanks!
CB 919 likes this.

Shiny side up!
post #8 of 9 Old 04-22-2017, 11:32 AM
Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB 919 View Post
The stock seat flops around at the tank--the corbin is solid. Fits better than OEM. Also love the height of the pillion area--supports a second ventura bag over the seat with no rack beneath perfectly.
CB 919 likes this.

post #9 of 9 Old 04-22-2017, 11:42 AM
The Dead Head

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce919er View Post
The stock seat flops around at the tank--the corbin is solid. Fits better than OEM. Also love the height of the pillion area--supports a second ventura bag over the seat with no rack beneath perfectly.
Thanks Bryce, that's why I was asking. I added two layers of plastic tubing on the two rear seat perches (like about an inch of 5/16 then another layer of ⅜ tubing over the first), and a layer of folded cardboard with duct tape around it on the front to lessen the seat play on mine. There's still a little bit, but it's much better than it was. I'll come up with something better than the cardboard for the front soon, it was more like an experiment

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode