Ohlins HO2O1 rear shock - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By LDH
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
Ohlins HO2O1 rear shock

For sale is an Ohlins HO2O1 rear shock for a Honda 919. It was included with a recent Honda 919 purchase, but I have no need for this level of suspension performance. There are no apparent leaks and overall the shock appears to be in great condition. Regarding the setup, I believe it is sprung for a heavier rider, but you would have to check with Ohlins for more details (specs are in the photos). Asking $750 shipped.photos here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oT...fvA14-cBvm7HKt

heard4it is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 11-02-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
Now hearing offers

heard4it is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 11-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Centurion
 
ewmin3m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,363
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
why not keep it ?


i find it increases stability over the stock setup and I don't ride at any crazy performance level. I feel the difference daily driving it too:P


just my not-asked-for 2 cents

ewmin3m is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 11-02-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
I just haven't felt the need to upgrade, and find the extra cash more atractive

heard4it is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 11-02-2018, 10:46 AM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,321
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

It's got the now impossible to get >220lb spring
mcromo44 and ewmin3m like this.

LDH is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 11-03-2018, 05:29 PM
The Instigator
 
Ditch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,191
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heard4it View Post
For sale is an Ohlins HO2O1 rear shock for a Honda 919. It was included with a recent Honda 919 purchase, but I have no need for this level of suspension performance. There are no apparent leaks and overall the shock appears to be in great condition. Regarding the setup, I believe it is sprung for a heavier rider, but you would have to check with Ohlins for more details (specs are in the photos). Asking $750 shipped.photos here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oT...fvA14-cBvm7HKt
You should keep it, anyone that can let the clutch out without stalling can benefit from better suspension. Who told you otherwise?

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
Ditch is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 11-05-2018, 12:10 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,497
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
It's got the now impossible to get >220lb spring
Do any of those spring still exist in someone's European inventory?
Or could another manufacturer's coil be reasonably fitted instead?

in addition, what is the current level of availability of HO201s?
And are they still being made?

mcromo44 is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 11-05-2018, 12:15 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,321
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Do any of those spring still exist in someone's European inventory?
Or could another manufacturer's coil be reasonably fitted instead?

in addition, what is the current level of availability of HO201s?
And are they still being made?

None of that is easy to answer in a straightforward manner. I do not know of any 1093-190 Ohlins springs left in the world. Another brands 150mm/190Nmm spring could be fitted provided it had the correct ID, but you also have to take into consideration the size of the coil wire. Too big of a coil from an off brand and you could risk coil bind at near max stroke.


HO 201 is still showing as active in the current Rec List, but that can change on a whim from Sweden. Once they decide to stop making them then ***poof***

LDH is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,497
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
None of that is easy to answer in a straightforward manner. I do not know of any 1093-190 Ohlins springs left in the world. Another brands 150mm/190Nmm spring could be fitted provided it had the correct ID, but you also have to take into consideration the size of the coil wire. Too big of a coil from an off brand and you could risk coil bind at near max stroke.


HO 201 is still showing as active in the current Rec List, but that can change on a whim from Sweden. Once they decide to stop making them then ***poof***
Thanks for the reply.
I may be able to steer someone in the direction of an HO201 during the off season.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 11-13-2018, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
$650 shipped

heard4it is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 12-18-2018, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
$600 shipped

heard4it is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 12-29-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
heard4it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
sold

heard4it is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 12-29-2018, 12:00 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,497
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heard4it View Post
sold
Some one should be real happy with their acquisition!

mcromo44 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome