Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

2006 Honda Hornet 599, Ohlins, Givi, RAM LOADED

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RC-DEVIL 
#1 ·
2006 Honda Hornet CB600F, 20k miles, clean title in hand. Nice condition, never been wrecked, always well maintained. Needs nothing, 45mpg, cheap insurance, ready to ride!

This is probably one of the best setup Hornets in the USA. no expense has been spared, you cannot buy most of these parts now even if you try.

Always full synthetic 10w40 oil, Motul Brake fluid, Fresh NGK Spark plugs, OEM air filter, always premium gas etc.

-Two Brothers Carbon-Fiber Slipon (CAT Deleted)-carbs tuned accordingly
-GIVI Touring Windscreen
-GIVI HardCase Touring bag, lockable REALLY NICE. easily removable, have orginal hardware
-Ohlins HO541 Shock (these alone sell for $800+ used, very rare and bike rides incredible)
-HEL Stainless brake lines and new pads
-RAM GPS phone mount
-MIVV Frame Sliders
-REAL Carbon Fiber Trim kit (really nice)-sprocket cover, engine side covers etc.
-CRG "Shorty" Adjustable Levers
-Manual Switch for fan if wanted (GREAT FOR TRAFFIC)
-CompetitionWerkes Fender Eliminator Kit/Turn Signals
-Michelin Pilot Road 4 Tires (70%)
-battery tender hookup
-ProGrip Gel grips
-painted matched rear spoiler (silver was ugly)
-Hotbodies turn signals
-NGK Spark plug wires

At asking i will throw in a set of Pitbull stands front and rear.

$4500 cash. OBO. NO TRADES.
LOCATED IN ATLANTA, GA USA

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
So.... First post.... and a "for sale ad" that will gain results. Nice set of wheels, good luck with the sale. It is very well set up and clean. I hope someone here can benefit from it.

That being said- welcome to the forum- but im betting once you sell this bike you are gone forever...

We feel used...

Reactions: badmoon692008
#3 ·
well ive been on 599 forum for awhile. Honestly this bike has been so reliable I have rarely had to consult a forum. I have a Honda HawkGT and VFR so im still twisting wrists.

Thanks, its a very nice bike and no expense was spared building it to this spec:grin2:

#4 ·
The 599 is a very nice little motorcycle, pretty much as is.

The stock muffler was high, heavy, and restrictive. The EPA mandated jetting was pretty bad. Those 2 things are just about all a 599 needed. I went with a -2 rear sprocket, which got rid of the frantic rev nature of the bike, further smoothed things, and nearly corrected the speedometer.

SS brake lines are nice. An Ohlins is a luxury, and can be used to raise the back end (just a little).

All of the rest of that jazz, that's been done to that thing makes little sense to a used motorcycle buyer. One one hand, the rear fender was so ugly, it had to be hacked off, and the rear turn signals were replaced with those tiny, little things, but on the other hand, there's that big clumsy top box, with all that cluttered looking bracketry. Throw carbon fiber at it, but don't bother to take the warning stickers off of the swingarm, and chain guard. I'd get rid of that 2 Brothers sticker, too. Those "frame sliders" have been know break engine cases. Those ought to go away, as should the Ram mount.

I'd take all that stuff off, and start over by selling every thing separately, chop shop style. You have a nice little bike, but by putting all that stuff on it, it just doesn't have the broad appeal that a bone stock bike has. Why are you going to give the Pit Bull stands away?! I'll take them!

*I like looking at used motorcycles on Craigslist. I looked at a couple hundred last night. Saw only 1 that l would consider buying. It was a Ducati 851 (I think) Monster, that a 65 year old guy had. It was totally unmolested. The first thing that l look for is a stock rear fender, and stock rear turn signals. If the bike doesn't have those 2 things, l move on.

#5 ·
turn signals are E marked and DOT legal.
Givi can be removed with 6 bolts, its prob a $600 setup new. its awesome if you plan to do any distance.

The Ohlins completely transforms the handling of the bike, more grip out of turns and it overall makes the bike an absolute pleasure to ride aggressive. Bike has also been perfectly jetted to match the exhaust.

This bike has never been wrecked, it was modified to be better than stock, no expense spared.

$4500 or best offer, but its easily the nicest 599 ive come across.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.