• 1 Post By KarlJay
  • 1 Post By steev
  • 1 Post By KarlJay
  • 1 Post By ViralVendetta

post #1 of 13 Old 05-01-2018, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
2002 CB919 Hornet For Sale

Ok guys I am selling it for real this time. Rode my friends sv650 again this weekend and again today and I absolutely love it. I love the Hornet too but I like the SV better at this point and its probably because it feels safer and I am a novice. I also love the sound it makes. So I am selling it this time for sure, I have a small windscreen on the way for it and it will not come with the center stand as Old Fart bought it. It has has the valve maintenance done and fork service, I have a folder full of records and receipts. I have a clean title in my name. You guys have all been really cool to me so I am going to list it here for $3000.00 firm, first come first serve. I have seen others not as clean bring that or more. I am just in a hurry to buy my buddies bike lol. Here is the cl post and thanks to everyone and I will still be here. https://knoxville.craigslist.org/mcy...575276595.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 05-03-2018, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Well I keep getting offers local for $2500, if this bikes not worth more than that I will just keep it and by a 90's model cbr250rr LOL. Seriously is it priced to high? I feel that is really fair for what it is. I would rather keep it as a second bike than take less.

post #3 of 13 Old 05-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViralVendetta View Post
Well I keep getting offers local for $2500, if this bikes not worth more than that I will just keep it and by a 90's model cbr250rr LOL. Seriously is it priced to high? I feel that is really fair for what it is. I would rather keep it as a second bike than take less.

Listed at $3000, it’ll garner those offers, yeah. Someone may be willing to trade it for a slightly newer SV650 though. It’d be a decent trade up for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 13 Old 05-03-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steev View Post
Listed at $3000, it’ll garner those offers, yeah. Someone may be willing to trade it for a slightly newer SV650 though. It’d be a decent trade up for them.

What kills me is I put firm and people still do that lol. I thought I would be able to grab a newer sv650s but if not I will just keep it and buy an older 650 for 1500 bucks lol.

post #5 of 13 Old 05-03-2018, 05:33 PM
Milites Gregarius

When I was selling my 06 Mustang V6 a couple of years ago, I was getting offers of $1000. It’s a shitty game.

post #6 of 13 Old 05-03-2018, 09:39 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

The $4K was too high, but low 3K should be reasonable.

I got offers in the $2K range on mine and it's newer. I decided to keep it because I couldn't replace it for that price. I couldn't get another similar bike for that price. The 919 is not for everyone, it's not a sport bike, it's not a cruiser, it's a good all around bike which removes a lot of buyers.

Selling things is always a game. I put a rare vintage gun up for sale and had a TON of people offer about 1/2 what it sold for. One guy emailed me after I told him the offer I got. He said he had cash now, I said he's offering 1/2 the price I'm getting the next day. This is the mindset some people have. They don't want the item as much as they want to feel like they got over on someone else.

They watch TV and think they are a big shot "wheeler dealer" and they think the word 'cash' drops the price in 1/2... as if you were going to setup a payment plan.

It's a real joke out there, you have to find the right buyer.
mcromo44 likes this.

post #7 of 13 Old 05-04-2018, 06:13 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
The $4K was too high, but low 3K should be reasonable.

They watch TV and think they are a big shot "wheeler dealer" and they think the word 'cash' drops the price in 1/2... as if you were going to setup a payment plan.

It's a real joke out there, you have to find the right buyer.

Hey! I used (what I interpreted as) Mike’s techniques on wheeler dealers when I bought my 919, and it worked. Also when I sold my car too.

The thing that I hate is the “will you take {less than half the asking price}?”, “I’d like to buy it for 1.5 times asking price, I pay in western union money oder and have my buyer pick it up tomorrow”, Or “I have 20 Sena 10Ss in retail packing. Wanna trade?” messages without even coming to see the car/bike.

mcromo44 likes this.

post #8 of 13 Old 05-04-2018, 02:42 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steev View Post
Hey! I used (what I interpreted as) Mike’s techniques on wheeler dealers when I bought my 919, and it worked. Also when I sold my car too.

The thing that I hate is the “will you take {less than half the asking price}?”, “I’d like to buy it for 1.5 times asking price, I pay in western union money oder and have my buyer pick it up tomorrow”, Or “I have 20 Sena 10Ss in retail packing. Wanna trade?” messages without even coming to see the car/bike.

I got more emails on CL from fakes that said "I'd like to buy it but I need a Vin report from _________. Then I can fly in and buy it." They are selling the Vin report services.

I was selling a 66 Chevelle SS 396 and put no trades in the ad. Some guy talks forever then says he's got some 06 jeep that go for 25K and he want's to trade.

Another, after 45min on the phone, tells me he doesn't even have 1/2 the money. Meanwhile, he's bashing the car, nit picking everything.
mcromo44 likes this.

post #9 of 13 Old 05-10-2018, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Well the offers I have got for my hornet are rediculous. I went to a dealer and he bad mouthed my bike pretty bad against a 2001 R1 that was imo pretty rough. Needless to say I am probably not welcome there anymore lol. So I am just going to keep it unless one of you guys ever wants it. I slapped a set of Pilot Power 3 2CT on and it transformed it.
steev likes this.

post #10 of 13 Old 05-10-2018, 10:09 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Well the offers I have got for my hornet are rediculous. I went to a dealer and he bad mouthed my bike pretty bad against a 2001 R1 that was imo pretty rough. Needless to say I am probably not welcome there anymore lol. So I am just going to keep it unless one of you guys ever wants it. I slapped a set of Pilot Power 3 2CT on and it transformed it.
It's pretty amazing that people do a full beatdown on something unless it's theirs. They'll beat down anything that's not all original, and they'll discount anything that's aftermarket. One guy went down a full list of everything wrong with my bike... Didn't have a custom exhaust, didn't have the valve adjustment, didn't have PCIII computer, no wind screen, ...

post #11 of 13 Old 05-10-2018, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Yeah Carl pretty pethetic of a dealer. Now I will go out of my way to buy from somewhere else. They obviously dont remember the golden rule and I was eager to inform him of it. I then tore into his R1 that was "built from the bottom up" The windshield, gauge clustet and all plastic was faded and oxidized clearly the bike was left outside. Then he said but the engine is this... And I said well its been down right? Hr asks how I know and I tell him the left fairing is new the right is old and the decals are crooked. I would love to see everything unde the fairing I say. Well I dont think we will trade anyway he says. I said NOPE we sure wont.

post #12 of 13 Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Quote:
Yeah Carl pretty pethetic of a dealer. Now I will go out of my way to buy from somewhere else. They obviously dont remember the golden rule and I was eager to inform him of it. I then tore into his R1 that was "built from the bottom up" The windshield, gauge clustet and all plastic was faded and oxidized clearly the bike was left outside. Then he said but the engine is this... And I said well its been down right? Hr asks how I know and I tell him the left fairing is new the right is old and the decals are crooked. I would love to see everything unde the fairing I say. Well I dont think we will trade anyway he says. I said NOPE we sure wont.
This is the whole mindset of used car/bike dealers. They make more money by doing a beat down. Although they have valid points about aftermarket and some other mods as well as damage, but they still have a vested interest in doing the worse beatdown they can.

I put up a 1966 Chevelle SS 396 that has an average BB value of $40,000.00. One guy said, well the body is worth about 8K, another 2K for the engine, and a few grand for all the other parts, he wanted it at 15K.

Another was near the same price because he wanted the entire car torn down to zero and because the color wasn't the original color.

I laughed at one guy after he said he just lost a bid on another of the same exact cars... I told him he's trying to get a classic muscle car for 1/2 price, he said "yea but you don't haven't sold the car, so there" ... I said... not a problem, I've got a great classic muscle car that I'd love to keep...

Same when I had my bike up for sale. The guy offered about $2K and I was at $3400... he calls back a few weeks later asking if I had considered his offer... I said that I really didn't consider his offer to be a serious offer. He wasn't getting the deal he thought he was going to get and I was glad.

You have a bike that has great potential. The loss you'd take selling/trading it could be spent on the upgrades. If you budget some 1500 or so on it, I'm sure you'll end up with a great bike.

post #13 of 13 Old 05-10-2018, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
I agree Karl and I am going to slowly work into it as to make it my driving project lol. I will only do things that can be easily done in a day. The tires have open my eyes tremendously, I cant believe how crappy those contimotion tires were. Unless the roads are better I am going to stick with powers for the grip.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode