4 of our top rated fuel injector cleaners are on sale right now - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 02-06-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Your Bargain Hunter

4 of our top rated fuel injector cleaners are on sale right now

<p class="p1">A clean engine is a more efficient engine (and also a more powerful one), so a fuel injector cleaning is an important part of maintaining your motor (no matter what it's powering). While you can always visit a mechanic to get this service done, this is actually one of a few maintenance items that are pretty idiot-proof when it comes to at-home DIY. How simple? You can do it at home without any tools or garage space. We previously went through our list of favorites over on AutoGuide, but these products are equally as effective on smaller engines, whether we're talking ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, or just about anything else in the powersports category. During our last round of updates, we discovered that four of our selects are currently on sale! Here's what you need to know:

<p class="p1">

Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer is 19% off

Lucas Oil 10512 Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner is 32% off

Lubegard 77012 Fuel System Booster Cleaner is 11% off

Marvel Mystery Oil 50665 Ultimate Fuel and Motor Treatment is 14% off

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-06-2019, 12:53 PM
919 Rider

post #3 of 7 Old 02-06-2019, 04:53 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Keep in mind that trick is to keep them clean and the ONLY legit way to do that is to use a gasoline that has a top shelf additive package in it.
The thinking of cleaning is backwards, the thought should be keep them clean.
Top Tier gasolines have very sophisticated additive packages in them, and they work.
By the way, said additive packages are added in at the bulk storage marketing terminal.
They are not a result of the refinement process.
They are a chemical brew that is added after the gasoline has left the refinery compound area and gone to the storage area.
Off brand gasolines historically always got a minimalist package, and I'm pretty sure that's the case to this day.
However, today's minimalist packages are way better than they used to be, and the driving force is the required ongoing injector and valve cleanliness as part of a car's ability to maintain the legislated allowable emissions.
Short story, buy good gasoline and drive to keep your injectors clean.

post #4 of 7 Old 02-07-2019, 03:31 PM
Centurion

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Keep in mind that trick is to keep them clean and the ONLY legit way to do that is to use a gasoline that has a top shelf additive package in it.

The thinking of cleaning is backwards, the thought should be keep them clean.

Top Tier gasolines have very sophisticated additive packages in them, and they work.

By the way, said additive packages are added in at the bulk storage marketing terminal.

They are not a result of the refinement process.

They are a chemical brew that is added after the gasoline has left the refinery compound area and gone to the storage area.

Off brand gasolines historically always got a minimalist package, and I'm pretty sure that's the case to this day.

However, today's minimalist packages are way better than they used to be, and the driving force is the required ongoing injector and valve cleanliness as part of a car's ability to maintain the legislated allowable emissions.

Short story, buy good gasoline and drive to keep your injectors clean.

I've been thinking about this lately too (for my car as well) who would have higher quality gas then? Would Shell be one of them ? I saw shell was bragging about their additives in a car video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #5 of 7 Old 02-07-2019, 07:31 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
I've been thinking about this lately too (for my car as well) who would have higher quality gas then? Would Shell be one of them ? I saw shell was bragging about their additives in a car video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shell, Chevron, Esso and PetroCan all have good packages.
Esso is claiming their current stuff is a do-over and much improved.
You can't go wrong with any of those.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-10-2019, 12:24 AM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Shell, Chevron, Esso and PetroCan all have good packages.
Esso is claiming their current stuff is a do-over and much improved.
You can't go wrong with any of those.
So what exactly do you do, you go to a Shell and fill up with prem gas and buy some additive or is it all built into the prem gas so you run a tank full a few times a year or what?

post #7 of 7 Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
So what exactly do you do, you go to a Shell and fill up with prem gas and buy some additive or is it all built into the prem gas so you run a tank full a few times a year or what?
I just ran straight pump gas as everything that's needed is already in it.
The only time I dope it is for winter storage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode