WTB Windscreen for a 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Optio

WTB Windscreen for a 919

Anyone have a Honda/National Cycle or an alternative screen for a 919 that they want to part with?

Thanks..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-28-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg74 View Post
Anyone have a Honda/National Cycle or an alternative screen for a 919 that they want to part with?

Thanks..
Whomever you get one from, make sure you get the spacers and bolts that attach to the headlight bracket. The stock ones without the shield aren't near long enough and you can't buy just the bolts/spacers from Honda. If you're dealing with someone understanding (like I was, thank you Ken ) then you can even do a swap since they will likely appreciate the shorter, stock bolts.

Good luck!

post #3 of 5 Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 AM

If you're interested, there are two of the Givi 755 screen on eBay right now. It might not be the favorite spot to buy from but thought I'd mention it......I believe that this is the same screen Thump has on his bike.

I can tell you that the Honda screen deflects the wind up to about face level on my bike (I'm 5'11").

I hope this helps....

post #4 of 5 Old 03-28-2007, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Optio

I saw the two Givi screen on there and would probably go that route in a heart beat if I didn't have to deal with painting them.

Is the '06 Red available fairly inexpensive to paint it yourself, if so where might I come accross some?

post #5 of 5 Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg74 View Post
I saw the two Givi screen on there and would probably go that route in a heart beat if I didn't have to deal with painting them.

Is the '06 Red available fairly inexpensive to paint it yourself, if so where might I come accross some?
Ping Thump!!! Thump had his hugger painted and has the same color bike as you. I know that color rite does some matching but they are pricey. Maybe someone else knows of a better resource?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode