WTB - Parts for 1983 Honda Shadow 750C - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2006, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Tyrone

WTB - Parts for 1983 Honda Shadow 750C

My Dad has this bike and likes it a lot. It needs some TLC . He's retired and on a fixed budget so I thought I post here to see if anyone had some parts from a salvaged bike or just spare from a bike they used to have. Yes I've looked on ebay and that may end up being the route I take since new from some of the online parts sites have some pretty steep prices. I know he needs turn signal stalks for front and rear and a seat. For some reason neither he nor I have enough grunt to get the little 7 fiddy up on the center stand. Stand pivots fine but maybe the frame is bent and the bike sags in the center making the bike too low therefore the center stand strikes the ground before reaching a point to where it can be leveraged up onto it? Dunno I need to take a closer look. He's in Kentucky and I'm in Florida so it may be a few weeks for me to get back there to lend assistance. Thanks for any input.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Hey, where at in Kentucky? I could try and make a trip by if it's not too far, although I am booked up the next three weeks. You'll probably make it up here before then it sounds like. I know a guy who has some stock turn signals, but he doesn't have a clue what year any of them are from. Would have to take a look at and then see if anything matches.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Tyrone

PM sent. Thanks Jim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode