WTB: OEM 919 slip-ons, cheap. Crappy condition OK! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

WTB: OEM 919 slip-ons, cheap. Crappy condition OK!

I need a stock set of exhaust slip-ons for my totalled 2004 919 before I sell it back to insurance. Even if they're scratched or dented all to hell, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Ebay is calling for you...

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #3 of 7 Old 07-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

Mike - I know I have at least the right side, I'll check for the other.
Were any of your aftermarket parts salvagable?

post #4 of 7 Old 07-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I have a pair with minor scratches to the left pipe. I can send them or if you want, drive to Vancouver to pick them up.

They don't come with the front heat shields but someone here probably have some sitting around.

post #5 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 02:15 AM
Discen

Mdtoney,

Check with insurance if they cover after-market parts. Some like progressibe and AAA have separate additional coverage for mods. Also, check with them how much it will cost to buy your totaled bike back. You might make much more by selling the parts and engine...

cheers,
Serge

post #6 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Many of the aftermarket parts were salvageable - the left rearset was destroyed, but the left carbon slip on only suffered minor scrapes, same with the left bar-end mirror.
The insurance adjuster totalled the bike and said they would buy it from me. He said I could swap out the aftermarket bits with the original parts as long as the bike was complete when they bought it, since they'll be taking it to auction.
I'll probably keep the Yoshi cans, but I'll end up selling the CRG bar end mirrors, front and rear Galfer rotors, front braided brake lines, Buell flyscreen, and rear powdercoated wheel (gloss black), the front wheel looks fine, except for the lip so I'll leave it on the bike. The Sargent seat only had a few miles on it before the accident, but it has a few scrapes so if someone has a stocker they want to send to me and cover the shipping charges they can have that.
It has a Progressive rear shock and a painted rear hugger that I'd like to keep, so if anyone has an old shock or hugger laying around maybe we can work out a fair price.
Thanks,
Mike

post #7 of 7 Old 07-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoney View Post
Many of the aftermarket parts were salvageable - the left rearset was destroyed, but the left carbon slip on only suffered minor scrapes, same with the left bar-end mirror.
The insurance adjuster totalled the bike and said they would buy it from me. He said I could swap out the aftermarket bits with the original parts as long as the bike was complete when they bought it, since they'll be taking it to auction.
I'll probably keep the Yoshi cans, but I'll end up selling the CRG bar end mirrors, front and rear Galfer rotors, front braided brake lines, Buell flyscreen, and rear powdercoated wheel (gloss black), the front wheel looks fine, except for the lip so I'll leave it on the bike. The Sargent seat only had a few miles on it before the accident, but it has a few scrapes so if someone has a stocker they want to send to me and cover the shipping charges they can have that.
It has a Progressive rear shock and a painted rear hugger that I'd like to keep, so if anyone has an old shock or hugger laying around maybe we can work out a fair price.
Thanks,
Mike
If you can take a pic of the sergeant seat im interested in trading you my stocker thats in great condition. let me know

-Pat McG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode