WTB:hindle for 919 - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 01-11-2012, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 1
 
WTB:hindle for 919

A bit of a long shot, but if anyone is looking top part with a hindle dual exhaust setup, I would be interested

Regards

CB900F2 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,613
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I first read that as a "Kindle" for 919....


Good luck!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 01-12-2012, 02:05 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,589
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
A bit of a long shot, but if anyone is looking top part with a hindle dual exhaust setup, I would be interested

Regards
Out of pure curiosity, what has driven you to fix upon the Hindles?

mcromo44 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Optio
 
firedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Out of pure curiosity, what has driven you to fix upon the Hindles?
What's not to like! The looks, the sound! Of course I might be bias.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
firedave is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 01-13-2012, 09:53 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,589
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedave View Post
What's not to like! The looks, the sound! Of course I might be bias.
How did they fit up ?
Extremely well ?

How loud are they are steady state throttle around 120 - 130 kph ?
What do your passengers say about them in that respect ?

Cans reasonably cool to the touch ? (as in not so hot to be a problem for soft luggage or a passengers legs)

mcromo44 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 01-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Optio
 
firedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
How did they fit up ?
Extremely well ?

How loud are they are steady state throttle around 120 - 130 kph ?
What do your passengers say about them in that respect ?

Cans reasonably cool to the touch ? (as in not so hot to be a problem for soft luggage or a passengers legs)
They fit pretty good. Once installed I've adjusted them a couple times but that's just my OCD of having them perfectly spaced.

I usually cruise around at about 120-130kph and they aren't very loud at a constant throttle and have never had any passenger say that they found it annoying. When you open the niner up they come to life but never get really loud.

I've touched them after a good run and they haven't gotten more than warm to the touch and haven't had a passenger say anything about them getting warm. I don't think there would be any issue with soft luggage.

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
firedave is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus
 
rickard919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 3,802
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Let's see some pics already. You know the drill!

Spoiler:

rickard919 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 01-14-2012, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Out of pure curiosity, what has driven you to fix upon the Hindles?
They are Canadian! . ...

From the many folks I have talked to and read on various forum, they provide really good post sales support....

The quality is very good.

I do have a set of gen2 Satos and had the rotting core problem with mine, and Satos did provide me with a repack kit, but there where problems with their kit as the cores where short by 1/2 inch... There was this long song and dance show I went through with Sato and they finally sent me another set of cores, but they where too long... So I had to grind off they welds on one end of the cores and cut and find a ss welder and he tacked them back together...

My Satos where only like 5 years old and I never drove in the rain, always kept in the garage, and the end cones rotted out, so currently I am assuming the replacement cores they provided to me are SS... I never took Metallurgy in school, but I thought SS is non magnetic, because a magnetic does stick to the cores they provided..

CB900F2 is online now  
post #9 of 10 Old 01-14-2012, 09:18 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,589
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
They are Canadian! . ...

From the many folks I have talked to and read on various forum, they provide really good post sales support....

The quality is very good.

I do have a set of gen2 Satos and had the rotting core problem with mine, and Satos did provide me with a repack kit, but there where problems with their kit as the cores where short by 1/2 inch... There was this long song and dance show I went through with Sato and they finally sent me another set of cores, but they where too long... So I had to grind off they welds on one end of the cores and cut and find a ss welder and he tacked them back together...

My Satos where only like 5 years old and I never drove in the rain, always kept in the garage, and the end cones rotted out, so currently I am assuming the replacement cores they provided to me are SS... I never took Metallurgy in school, but I thought SS is non magnetic, because a magnetic does stick to the cores they provided..
Lang Hindle has come a long way and does some good exhaust systems and components.
I remember meeting him in 75 at Circuit Mont Tremblanc as a result of him coming over to talk to my buddy. They both had TZ700/750s they were racing that weekend.
Really nice guy.
Good engine guy as well, that became apparent when he was doing his K1000 superbike program.

A magnet will attract martensitic stainless steels.
Martensitics are so called 400 series SS.
300 series stainless steels are loosely described as austenitic.
You'll get a very light tug from cast 316 because cast 316 has some ferrite in it, but you don't get that with wrought (sheet, plate etc) 316.
The cores you have are surely a 400 SS grade, which is no surprise as 400s are used as exhaust material.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 01-16-2012, 01:12 PM
Optio
 
firedave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 953
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
Let's see some pics already. You know the drill!
Here's some pics of my Hindle setup.

https://www.wristtwisters.com/f94/sho...tml#post482302

2016 Honda Africa Twin
2007 Honda 919
1998 Kawi ZX9R (Sold)
firedave is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome