WTB '04^ 919 front forks - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-09-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9
 
darkace625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

WTB '04^ 919 front forks

Even the inside fork tubes will do.

Thanks everyone.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
darkace625 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 10-29-2009, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9
 
darkace625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Bump

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
darkace625 is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 05-25-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9
 
darkace625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Hey everyone. I know it has been long time since I last logged in, but I am coming up on doing a ton of maint and repairs all at once on the 9er. Still looking for front forks. Primarily the inner fork tubes for 04 and up. Anyone got a pair they are willing to trade some greenbacks for?

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
darkace625 is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Sorry I ain't got no extra forks, man...Welcome back in any case! Glad to see you're still alive & kickin!

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
The Shadow is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 05-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Discen
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: australia
Posts: 283
Rep Power: 1
 
if the 919 forks are hard to locate, why not get a set of f4/i forks, there is always a lot on e bay

davehirt is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 05-26-2010, 02:24 AM
`
 
zaq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: here n' there
Posts: 3,842
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

I probably will have my f4i forks for sale soon after I finish rc51 swap.
They were completely rebuilt less than 1k miles ago with RaceTech gold valves, Ohlins oil, new bushings, new seals and new RaceTech springs. Sliders were polished for this rebuild. I also have custom front fender.



zaq123 is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 05-26-2010, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9
 
darkace625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
Sorry I ain't got no extra forks, man...Welcome back in any case! Glad to see you're still alive & kickin!
Thanks. Alive yes, kickin........getting there. Finishing up my Associates and then gonna work on dropping 30 lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davehirt View Post
if the 919 forks are hard to locate, why not get a set of f4/i forks, there is always a lot on e bay
I am probably gonna look into that if I can't find a good deal. So far looking around it is coming out to around $300 for 2 new ones. But zaq has a very interesting offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I probably will have my f4i forks for sale soon after I finish rc51 swap.
They were completely rebuilt less than 1k miles ago with RaceTech gold valves, Ohlins oil, new bushings, new seals and new RaceTech springs. Sliders were polished for this rebuild. I also have custom front fender.
I definitely like it. What are you looking for price wise, and what is the timetable looking like for the swap?

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
darkace625 is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 05-28-2010, 04:45 AM
`
 
zaq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: here n' there
Posts: 3,842
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkace625 View Post
I definitely like it. What are you looking for price wise, and what is the timetable looking like for the swap?


I'm working on the swap right now, hopefully will be done in a couple of weeks. Maybe $500 for forks + fender.
I have too much invested in them. Just in parts (without labor and forks themselves): RT gold valves -$150, RT springs - $120 + Ohlins oil -$20 and $80 for new seals/bushings etc. These forks setup for 180-220 lbs rider. If you out of this range, you may want to get OEM forks and rebuilt them for your weight. My forks can be modified as well but it would be counterproductive IMO: you will have to reset valve shims and replace springs.

Also just fyi, stock forks, f4i or 919 are no good as they come stock, they set up for like 120lbs Japanese rider, way too soft

zaq123 is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 05-28-2010, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9
 
darkace625's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,651
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
I'm working on the swap right now, hopefully will be done in a couple of weeks. Maybe $500 for forks + fender.
I have too much invested in them. Just in parts (without labor and forks themselves): RT gold valves -$150, RT springs - $120 + Ohlins oil -$20 and $80 for new seals/bushings etc. These forks setup for 180-220 lbs rider. If you out of this range, you may want to get OEM forks and rebuilt them for your weight. My forks can be modified as well but it would be counterproductive IMO: you will have to reset valve shims and replace springs.

Also just fyi, stock forks, f4i or 919 are no good as they come stock, they set up for like 120lbs Japanese rider, way too soft
I will definitely start setting money aside. I weigh 190 lbs. So they should be good for me. Quick question, how did you go about painting the lower fork tubes?

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
darkace625 is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 05-28-2010, 06:47 PM
`
 
zaq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: here n' there
Posts: 3,842
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkace625 View Post
I will definitely start setting money aside. I weigh 190 lbs. So they should be good for me. Quick question, how did you go about painting the lower fork tubes?
I thought about powder coating them when I had them apart but I couldn't justify it, I actually like that gun metal gray

zaq123 is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome