Whats your opinion on this? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Whats your opinion on this?

So i think i may sell the 9'er for an R1 and seeing as my income is extremely low these days i'm looking to spend no more then 4k... so i kinda let the R1 dream die when i realized it was out of my price range, but today i stumble upon this on craigslist

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/366933137.html

Is this to cheap or you think theres something wrong with it to be that inexpensive. Im about ready to hop on this deal if i can find a buyer for the 9'er asap

-Pat McG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:18 AM
Wookie

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Salvage title or something is severely wrong with it or the person has servere mental disabilities. You can be certain there is major fine print.

'02 RC-51
'10 Unicycle

post #3 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Beware of Craigslist scams.

http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

post #4 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:19 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Who is selling that R1, is it a Nigerian? Our own hondaf4i guy is selling his R1.

link

post #5 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase

Yeah i would gladly support a member any day of the week rather then anyone else but seeing as his bike is so gorgeous and well maintained and new its jsut a touch out of my price range by around 3k. Being a 2 day a week waiter doesn't let me afford extravagant gifts for myself.

maybe Hondaf4i guy will just donate it to me as charity, i hear its a great tax write off!

-Pat McG
post #6 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:27 AM
Optio

Besides the pt. of the whole post, if your trying to save money.. Better look at the increased insurance costs before you do anything.

My '06 919 183.00 a year for full coverage
GSXR 750-1000's between 1500-1800 a year for myself.

post #7 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase

Yeah there is going to be a rather large insurance jump but as far as im concerned its a necessary expense that i have to pay anyways so i don't factor it into my equation especially if i get a killer deal on a bike. if im going to be paying it anyways i might as well be paying it for the bike i want and not let it hold me back from it.

-Pat McG
post #8 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:38 AM

That has got to be a scam. Ebay and Cycle trader are full of them Most of them want money "wired" to them

post #9 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase

Well i sent him an email asking him what the deal is a little info on it and where in nj hes located to i could go check it out. Ive seen all the ebay and craigslist scams being as i try to get things for as cheap as possible i stalk craigslist daily looking for cheap anything. Its come to the point where i have generated email replies for anything on it with a list of questions.

-Pat McG
post #10 of 17 Old 07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmicg View Post
Well i sent him an email asking him what the deal is a little info on it and where in nj hes located to i could go check it out. Ive seen all the ebay and craigslist scams being as i try to get things for as cheap as possible i stalk craigslist daily looking for cheap anything. Its come to the point where i have generated email replies for anything on it with a list of questions.

Be sure he has a clear title also and make him show it to you, when you see it make sure the VIN matches. It could be either stolen or liened against.

post #11 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:18 AM Thread Starter
Bikeless Rider

Awards Showcase

Hello,
There are 6530 miles on it.The bike is in great condition and in perfect running order. It has clear title and the price I will sell it for is $2,900.00, which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in Central NJ but currently I am with business in United Kingdom ( Aberdeen ). I am an engineer and I'll be working at a project here along with the firm EEESTA (East of England Engineering Science & Technology Association ) for the next 5 months and I'm selling my motorcycle because I want to invest in this project and the sum will take me to aproximately $10,000.00 us dollars....... Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using SafePay Solutions services so I can sell the bike without difficulty.
I left the bike in their custody before leaving overseas. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 10 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how SafePay Solutions works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

Thats the email i got back from him haha. This is a good example of what scams look like for those of you who havent seen any.

So anyone think i should still buy it haha!

-Pat McG
post #12 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmicg View Post
Hello,
There are 6530 miles on it.The bike is in great condition and in perfect running order. It has clear title and the price I will sell it for is $2,900.00, which is including all the shipping charges.
I live in Central NJ but currently I am with business in United Kingdom ( Aberdeen ). I am an engineer and I'll be working at a project here along with the firm EEESTA (East of England Engineering Science & Technology Association ) for the next 5 months and I'm selling my motorcycle because I want to invest in this project and the sum will take me to aproximately $10,000.00 us dollars....... Anyway, there shouldn't be any problem, because I am using SafePay Solutions services so I can sell the bike without difficulty.
I left the bike in their custody before leaving overseas. They will take care of the delivery. There's a 10 days return policy so you will have the chance to test, inspect and ride it before final decision.
So if you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how SafePay Solutions works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

Thats the email i got back from him haha. This is a good example of what scams look like for those of you who havent seen any.

So anyone think i should still buy it haha!
I say GO FOR IT!

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #13 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

You should report this to Craigslist. They'll pull the ad down.

post #14 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Tell him you want to buy the bike, and will be sending $10,000. You want to invest the difference in the company also. Ask him to provide his bank account information, and also naked pictures of his wife.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #15 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 

replied to the same listing and how about that i got the same return e-mail!! I say buy it!! He's gotta be truthfull I mean he tells the same story twice that makes it truth right! to him

post #16 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
replied to the same listing and how about that i got the same return e-mail!! I say buy it!! He's gotta be truthfull I mean he tells the same story twice that makes it truth right! to him

How cool is that! You'll both be getting dirt cheap R1's!!!

Hmmmmmmmm wonder if they would sell me one for the same price

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #17 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

That guy is probably sitting in Nigeria at the moment. As for the bike, it doesn't exist, he probably stole the pics off of another add or e-bay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode