Trade: 06 Yamaha YZ450F Limited Edition - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 11-26-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Trade: 06 Yamaha YZ450F Limited Edition

I've got an 06 YZ450F limited edition, yellow and black. This bike is perfect. Barely ridden. Still on stock tires. Bought new in 08. Has a GYTR Heavy Flywheel and Skidplate. Pro Moto Billet spark arrestor. Cycra Hand Guards. Fresh DID oring chain and Stealth rear sprocket, steel outer, aluminum inner. New Yamaha countershaft sprocket. The stock chain went away in about 2 rides. I would estimate that it has less than 500 miles on it.

Registered Red Sticker in California. I believe until 2012.

The local dealer told me they could get approximately $3800 for it on consignment. They would start at $4000. So that's about what it's worth. Looking for a nice streetbike trade. I've also got a KZ1000 project bike that could go with it, it's a runner, it has about $3000 in receipts from the previous owner, rebuilt engine, stock, new crank, new stock pistons, valve job, plus it has a set of 35mm Keihin FCR flatslides on it, those were $1200, but they haven't been sorted yet. When I got it, it had real bad vacuum leaks, I looked at the mounting, and the carbs were only halfway into the spigots. They were hitting the camchain tensioner. I am in the process of getting an APE tensioner, manual type, which is much shorter and will allow the carbs to seat all the way on, and I am pretty sure the vacuum leak issue will be solved. It was hard to start, and you had to use the accelerator pumps to keep it running at idle. When you rode it, above 3500 it ran fine, just wouldn't idle or run clean below that. It will be fixed shortly. The engine ran very quiet and smooth, I think it is in good shape.

It's an LTD model with the 16 in rear tire. At the moment, it has a 19 on the front, but I do have a set of Showa upside down forks, off an Aprilia that are in good shape. I have a 17 in CBR front wheel, that hasn't been made to fit yet, but I'll get around to it. I don't have any calipers yet, but I am, as they say, working on it.

It's registered. It's kind of a Rat Bike, but I think it's in good, solid shape, worthy of a resurrection. I'm looking to trade the YZ, and if the deal is right, the KZ1000 could possibly go with it. I think the KZ is probably worth about $1500, since the carburetors were $1200, that would be a good deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-26-2010, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Almost forgot, pictures. I'll take some better pictures.

post #3 of 14 Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

What, no snide remarks? No ridiculous offers? How about I post of picture of me wheelying it with no helmet on on the street in front of my house? Would that draw the proper amount of ridicule?

Come on guys. It's dirt bike season. It rained, no dust. Time to go riding.

post #4 of 14 Old 12-01-2010, 08:06 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I've got an 02 9er and an 87 gs450lh basketcase. I'll trade you straight up. Hows that for ridiculous? If I had the cash, I'd sweeten the deal up and make you ride it to me.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #5 of 14 Old 12-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

if you want ridiculous I'll trade you a KLX140L straight up for the 450. I would love to take the 450 off your hands but I have nothing else to offer than that. and even then I would need to figure out how to buy my wife another 140.

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #6 of 14 Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

my 450, or his?

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #7 of 14 Old 12-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

his

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #8 of 14 Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Sorry Matt, if I was going to keep offroading, I was considering a KX140 for my wife, but it looks like I'm nearly done with that.

And Beef, depending on what kind of condition that 919 was, I'd consider it, except for the mileage between us, and you could keep that little Suzook.

I was in San Antonio several years ago on a cross country road trip. I stayed in San Antonio for a week and a half or so, and found a little motorcyce shop, it was behind chain link fencing in a pretty crappy part of town. This ole boy with a gun on his hip was behind the counter. His wife said last week he shot a burglar, of a certain skin color, and used a certain forbidden word to describe him. He then say my truck with California plates, a 1200 Bandit and a 955 Daytona were in it, both with California plates, and he told me out of the blue, that the only thing from California "was queers and faggots". Well, there's no meat for me, I'm a Vagitarian. Same with my brother who was with me. He then tried to sell me a tire that was about 10 years old for my Bandit, it needed one, and that's why we stopped there, for about $140. No thanks, buddy. I was shocked that the deeper south I got, the more blatant the racism was. Macon Georgia was unbelievable as far as blatant racism went. And young women that wanted to smoke dope on Duane Allman's grave.

post #9 of 14 Old 12-04-2010, 01:36 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
And Beef, depending on what kind of condition that 919 was, I'd consider it, except for the mileage between us, and you could keep that little Suzook.

I was in San Antonio several years ago on a cross country road trip. I stayed in San Antonio for a week and a half or so, and found a little motorcyce shop, it was behind chain link fencing in a pretty crappy part of town. This ole boy with a gun on his hip was behind the counter. His wife said last week he shot a burglar, of a certain skin color, and used a certain forbidden word to describe him. He then say my truck with California plates, a 1200 Bandit and a 955 Daytona were in it, both with California plates, and he told me out of the blue, that the only thing from California "was queers and faggots". Well, there's no meat for me, I'm a Vagitarian. Same with my brother who was with me. He then tried to sell me a tire that was about 10 years old for my Bandit, it needed one, and that's why we stopped there, for about $140. No thanks, buddy. I was shocked that the deeper south I got, the more blatant the racism was. Macon Georgia was unbelievable as far as blatant racism went. And young women that wanted to smoke dope on Duane Allman's grave.
It's in far from great condition, and not really worth the trade hence the offer of the 450 as well It's been down hard twice, once by me. It's been hacked on, chopped up, rebuilt halfass etc...

Sorry to hear your experience in San Antonio was like it was. I'm not privy to living in Cali, but I know they also have steers, but less heifers (that would be fat girls) than San Antonio.

post #10 of 14 Old 12-04-2010, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
It's in far from great condition, and not really worth the trade hence the offer of the 450 as well It's been down hard twice, once by me. It's been hacked on, chopped up, rebuilt halfass etc...

Sorry to hear your experience in San Antonio was like it was. I'm not privy to living in Cali, but I know they also have steers, but less heifers (that would be fat girls) than San Antonio.
You know Beef? I really enjoyed San Anton. Other than the bike shop, it was very enjoyable. I especially liked the Riverwalk, very nice there. And I live pretty close to Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. There seems to be a city ordinance against fat girls being seen out on the streets. The talent level here is unbelievable.

post #11 of 14 Old 12-04-2010, 04:07 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
There seems to be a city ordinance against fat girls being seen out on the streets.

Oh man that's a good one. It's so bad around here that the big'ns on the singles site put their body type as 'average'...I guess they think it's average for the area. Very few will be honest and mark themselves as "big & tall/BBW" I'm far from shallow but if she can't sit on my lap without breaking me I can only imagine how much pain I would have to endure in the bedroom.

post #12 of 14 Old 12-04-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

She's too fat if she sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo.

She's too fat if she steps on your dogs tail, and it dies.

She's too fat if you have to hire a rodeo clown to distract her to get the groceries from your car to the refrigerator.

post #13 of 14 Old 12-05-2010, 11:05 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

oh damn, if you ever come back to town I'll buy you a drink or 6. something tell's me you're a blast to drink with.

post #14 of 14 Old 12-05-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

And then we'll go riding.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode