thinking about trading bikes again - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-08-2012, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

thinking about trading bikes again

Bought an 03 919 from dadog and have found that I like sportbikes more than I thought I would. I kind of have my eye on an 11 Ninja 1000. The price on 919's has been going up recently and this might be a good time to sell ( or buy). The guy I am talking to about the Ninja is willing to give me 3,600 at this stage in the deal process. Any thoughts ( or interest in dadogs old bike). I'd like to try a sport bike with a fairing.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
Jack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Love my BIG BOY Toys!

Pics would help...

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero*
2004 Honda 919 *
2005 Harley Davidson Road Glide *
2002 Honda VTX 1800C*

* SOLD *
post #3 of 7 Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I rode a Ninja 1000 last year at one of the Kawi Demo Days. Very nice bike, it would be way up on my list to replace the 919 when the time comes. I haven't heard any kind of long term reports to know if there have been any issues.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-09-2012, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

I'm a computer idiot and I don't have a camera or a camera phone. If I did I would not know how to post pictures. I'll ask my daughter to help me with pictures. Since buying the bike from dadog I changed out Renthal ultra low for the Renthal high bars. I also put heated grip on the bike. Will post pictures when I get help.
Can't help my ignorance I'm 65 and never bothered to learn any yech skills
jack

post #5 of 7 Old 06-09-2012, 08:52 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacktrash View Post
I'm a computer idiot and I don't have a camera or a camera phone. If I did I would not know how to post pictures. I'll ask my daughter to help me with pictures. Since buying the bike from dadog I changed out Renthal ultra low for the Renthal high bars. I also put heated grip on the bike. Will post pictures when I get help.
Can't help my ignorance I'm 65 and never bothered to learn any yech skills
jack
It's a step up in power with a more angular facade, jack. I'm 56 and I bought a ZX10R in 04 when I was 48. That's about as radical as you buying the Z1000 now I suppose. Kawi's are a more visceral ride than the Honda you got. You feel the motor as well as hear it plus you sense the shit happening within the case confines.

At my age of 56.5, if I wasn't strapped for cash, my next street would be the ZX14. I'll give up the svelt Black rocket I have now for a more stately locomotive full of asphalt eating ubber slab master.

Then again, the Triumph adventure bikes decked out wouldn't be far off my radar either.

Good luck. Can you get a ride on that Z1000?

In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.
General George S. Patton
post #6 of 7 Old 06-09-2012, 09:22 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Still a few Kawasaki Demo Days, one in PA and one in Boston. They give you about a 1/2 hr ride.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-09-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

The dealer will let me take the bike out by myself for an hour or so. However, I did some checking on the Kawi forum and it seems like more than a few folks have had issues rying to downshift the bikes. it seems the cluthch is not responding to the lever in a timely manner. Also it seems the insurance is fairly expensive. I pay less than $100 to add my 919 as a second bike. I am reading that the n1k would/could cost me about $1,200. Too much. I am happy with my 919, but I have only so many years to ride left and want to experience as much as I can.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode