**SOLD**Thinking About Selling the '74 CB360 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Immune

**SOLD**Thinking About Selling the '74 CB360

Well, with too many projects and too little room, I'm seriously thinking about selling the '74 CB360... I pulled the carbs off quite a while ago (I think last fall) and it is still at that point. Generally in good condition, but will need some work to get her road-worthy again (battery, tires, carbs overhauled).

Sooo, I'm actually thinking about throwing it on Craigslist for a fairly high amount to see if it goes, but thought I would post it here first for two reasons:
1) To see if any local members are interested and what they would be willing to pay for it
2) To get feedback on how much other members think would be reasonable on Craigslist

I do have a NJ title for it from the guy I bought it from - I never titled/registered it in my name.

Thanks for any input and/or interest!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74 CB360.jpg (17.8 KB, 113 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Neat looking bike. What's the price?

My opinion would be to dump the gigantic backrest. I think it would make it a little more desirable. Of course, I'm not into classics and that might be some sort of uber-rare backrest that doubles the value of the bike...

Good luck with the sale.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Immune

Thanks murph - I'm not really sure about the price... It's one of those things where I don't really want to sell it but also can't justify letting sit around and not doing anything with it either. I have another oldie ('68 CL125 Scrambler with a neat little twin cylinder engine) that I would rather get to work on when time allows, and the '75 CB125 (avatar) is still sitting around collecting dust. So if I can get a good price for it then I would probably let it go - otherwise I wouldn't really mind holding onto it in the hopes that I get more time/ambition in the future.

It does have the funky extras including the backrest you pointed out, a little luggage rack behind it and highway bars on the front. Not reall sure I would leave them on if I was going to clean it up to ride around, but figure that it might be desirable to someone else or they can remove them if they decide to...

post #4 of 7 Old 11-16-2010, 04:31 PM
CG

What is stock? What is not? What are the known defects?

post #5 of 7 Old 11-17-2010, 04:03 AM Thread Starter
Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonsvilleguy View Post
What is stock? What is not? What are the known defects?
It's 100% stock, although I don't know if the the "extras" mentioned above (sissy-bar, rack, highway bars) are Honda OEM or not. Known defects are the a small ping on the upper-right side of the gas tank and a couple small rust holes in the left side exhaust (pics attached - check out that dust on the gas tank - I ran my finger over it to expose that clean area...). The gas tank will need to be cleaned out and could probably us a lining for long-term durability. Everything else is in good shape.

It ran when I bought it in 2005 and I parked it in the garage, pulled the battery with the intent to do a restore but never got to it and there it still sits... Never started it after that but kick over the engine every month or two to keep it active.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tank Detail.jpg (43.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Exhaust Detail.jpg (212.1 KB, 4 views)

post #6 of 7 Old 11-18-2010, 03:02 AM
Noob

Take time to clean out the carbs and get it running first, then I'm sure you'll do much better.

I've owned a 1974 CB750 and a 1975 CB400. Both were cool bikes, but got cranky in their old age, and parts were bloody expensive.

GLWS

post #7 of 7 Old 12-20-2010, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Immune

It's with mixed feelings that she's gone, gone, gone! She went for $700 today, which I think is a fair price from both the buyer and seller perspective.

Next on the chopping block is the '75 CB125 in my avatar! I restored that one around 2004 and it's been sitting since about 2007. I might actually get it going again before selling - should just need a battery and carb clean-out...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode