***SOLD*** Nitron Sport Shock 919 - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 1
 
***SOLD*** Nitron Sport Shock 919

I have for sale a brand new custom Nitron Sport shock specially made for my 919. Will fit 02-07 models. This shock has never been installed. I sold my 919
therefore I no longer need the shock. This shock is more compliant than the stock shock yet handles so much better. $500

919727 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Aquilifer
 
PAULIBIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 1
 
What weight rider is it sprung for?

PAULIBIKER is offline  
post #3 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 07:20 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
never even heard of this shock

pics sir.

nd4spdbh is offline  
 
post #4 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 07:22 AM
Road Pilot
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Wolf is offline  
post #5 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Aquilifer
 
PAULIBIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
never even heard of this shock

pics sir.

Big across the pond.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Are they pastel blue?
Most are, who was in charge of that?

PAULIBIKER is offline  
post #6 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Tesserarius
 
Cloroxbleach4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 672
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULIBIKER View Post
Big across the pond.........



Most are, who was in charge of that?
I like the pastel blue...
Cloroxbleach4 is offline  
post #7 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,611
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloroxbleach4 View Post
I like the pastel blue...

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #8 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 12:53 PM
Tesserarius
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 632
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

This is pretty cool.



arshishb is offline  
post #9 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 12:54 PM
just send it.
 
crakerjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,600
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
^^ Spare parts?



[This space for rent]
crakerjac is offline  
post #10 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Tesserarius
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 632
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

arshishb is offline  
post #11 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 1
 
I will post some pics soon. Great reviews all over the web for Nitron shocks. Penske was a few hundreds dollars more, so I went with Nitron.

919727 is offline  
post #12 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 1
 
The shock is sprung for a 195 lb rider

919727 is offline  
post #13 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 1
 
Spring rate is 1100 lbs and the spring and valve setting is set for a total weight
of 200-225 lbs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (158.8 KB, 35 views)

919727 is offline  
post #14 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Tirone
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Memphis
Posts: 17
Rep Power: 1
 
BTW Nitron does not have the 919 listed in their catalog. This was custom made for the 919 by Nitron

919727 is offline  
post #15 of 54 Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919727 View Post
BTW Nitron does not have the 919 listed in their catalog. This was custom made for the 919 by Nitron
Hmm this is interesting. I'm in need of a good shock.

loudcity919 is offline  
post #16 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 02:24 AM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,310
Rep Power: 1
 
So its the Nitron 1 way?

NZspokes is offline  
post #17 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 AM
Tesserarius
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edison, NJ
Posts: 632
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

NTR Sport

The most popular of our shocks; perfect partner for road and street riding...

NTR SportThese gas mono shocks are easy to set up and offer superior handling minus the price tag associated with a full race spec unit. However, the Sport shocks are developed from the full race product, meaning that you can depend on them for year-round road and track use.

The high-grade materials protect against corrosion whilst significantly reducing weight. Every Sport shock is custom built, sprung and fully serviceable.

Simple yet EffectiveThe NTR Sport shock has one damping adjustment. The adjustor knob affects both compression and rebound simultaneously for simple setup and making it a more road-biased shock. The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload c-spanner.

arshishb is offline  
post #18 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 08:33 AM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,611
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb View Post
Simple yet EffectiveThe NTR Sport shock has one damping adjustment. The adjustor knob affects both compression and rebound simultaneously
Yay! You get to choose the amount of pogo!!!


No thanks.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #19 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 12:32 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,316
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 919727 View Post
I have for sale a brand new custom Nitron Sport shock specially made for my 919. Will fit 02-07 models. This shock has never been installed. I sold my 919
therefore I no longer need the shock. This shock is more compliant than the stock shock yet handles so much better. $500

If you never installed it and it was custom made for the 919 with no other shocks like it then how do you know it is more compliant than the stock shock and handles better?

LDH is offline  
post #20 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 12:40 PM
Aquilifer
 
PAULIBIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb View Post
NTR Sport

The most popular of our shocks; perfect partner for road and street riding...

NTR SportThese gas mono shocks are easy to set up and offer superior handling minus the price tag associated with a full race spec unit. However, the Sport shocks are developed from the full race product, meaning that you can depend on them for year-round road and track use.

The high-grade materials protect against corrosion whilst significantly reducing weight. Every Sport shock is custom built, sprung and fully serviceable.

Simple yet EffectiveThe NTR Sport shock has one damping adjustment. The adjustor knob affects both compression and rebound simultaneously for simple setup and making it a more road-biased shock. The shock features spring preload as well as shock length adjustment. It comes preset for damping and preload and includes the bearing end spacers and preload c-spanner.



Sounds a lot like a Hagon.

PAULIBIKER is offline  
post #21 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 01:05 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,316
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arshishb View Post


LOL 2:08's at T-Hill

LDH is offline  
post #22 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Tesserarius
 
morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: brenham
Posts: 610
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
If you never installed it and it was custom made for the 919 with no other shocks like it then how do you know it is more compliant than the stock shock and handles better?
I was thinking that too...

morgstang is offline  
post #23 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
If you never installed it and it was custom made for the 919 with no other shocks like it then how do you know it is more compliant than the stock shock and handles better?
I'm pretty sure a baked potato could be more compliant

loudcity919 is offline  
post #24 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,316
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 580riginal View Post
I'm pretty sure a baked potato could be more compliant

Says the guy that hasn't even bothered to look at the adjustments on his shock let alone actually make an adjustment...

LDH is offline  
post #25 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 PM
`
 
zaq123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: here n' there
Posts: 3,842
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Says the guy that hasn't even bothered to look at the adjustments on his shock let alone actually make an adjustment...

zaq123 is offline  
post #26 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 03:23 PM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Says the guy that hasn't even bothered to look at the adjustments on his shock let alone actually make an adjustment...
Lol can't do something I don't know about good sir.

loudcity919 is offline  
post #27 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
LDH
Test Rider
 
LDH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,316
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 580riginal View Post
Lol can't do something I don't know about good sir.

Well stick around and we'll learn you more better a thing or two

LDH is offline  
post #28 of 54 Old 03-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,310
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaq123 View Post
Brilliant.

NZspokes is offline  
post #29 of 54 Old 03-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919727 View Post
I have for sale a brand new custom Nitron Sport shock specially made for my 919. Will fit 02-07 models. This shock has never been installed. I sold my 919 therefore I no longer need the shock. This shock is more compliant than the stock shock yet handles so much better. $500
Is this a street shock? Or track?

loudcity919 is offline  
post #30 of 54 Old 03-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Road Pilot
 
Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,366
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Wolf is offline  
post #31 of 54 Old 03-12-2014, 11:45 PM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,310
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Street
And Track





Day

NZspokes is offline  
post #32 of 54 Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
I wish we had a track here. On sent. Waiting for response

loudcity919 is offline  
post #33 of 54 Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,310
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580riginal View Post
I wish we had a track here. On sent. Waiting for response
You dont have a track??? Were tiny and have half a dozen.

NZspokes is offline  
post #34 of 54 Old 03-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZspokes View Post
You dont have a track??? Were tiny and have half a dozen.
Not fucking one. It pisses me off because I have nowhere to open her up except the highway.

loudcity919 is offline  
post #35 of 54 Old 03-13-2014, 12:37 AM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 1,310
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 580riginal View Post
Not fucking one. It pisses me off because I have nowhere to open her up except the highway.
Stink Bro. Cant use an airfield on the weekends even?

NZspokes is offline  
post #36 of 54 Old 03-13-2014, 04:05 AM
Tirone Choolaces
 
marylandmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,105
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 580riginal View Post
Not fucking one. It pisses me off because I have nowhere to open her up except the highway.

marylandmike is online now  
post #37 of 54 Old 03-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Discen
 
loudcity919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Kaneohe
Posts: 289
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZspokes View Post
Stink Bro. Cant use an airfield on the weekends even?
Apparently they used to let riders go onto Hickam AFB but they stopped. Someone probably wrecked.

loudcity919 is offline  
post #38 of 54 Old 03-14-2014, 06:42 AM
Chicken Strips
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Perryopolis, PA (Pittsburgh Area)
Posts: 543
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Has anyone ever tried a Hagon Shock for the 919? They retail for $399.00 new, are rebuildable ect.

Dano is offline  
post #39 of 54 Old 03-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Tesserarius
 
morgstang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: brenham
Posts: 610
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Has anyone ever tried a Hagon Shock for the 919? They retail for $399.00 new, are rebuildable ect.
I have one on my 919...works great...makes the bike sit up higher though

morgstang is offline  
post #40 of 54 Old 03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
Aquilifer
 
PAULIBIKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ankeny, Iowa
Posts: 1,227
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgstang View Post
I have one on my 919...works great...makes the bike sit up higher though
I still think the Hagon is longer, but I was told I was crazy.....

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...ock-27837.html

PAULIBIKER is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome