**SOLD** Cortech Saddle Bags w/ attachable Tail Bag - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

**SOLD** Cortech Saddle Bags w/ attachable Tail Bag

I picked up these Cortech Saddle bags while I was at the Indy GP --- used them for the 5 hour trip home and in a bin they've sat. Not sure what route I'm going to go, but for now would like to sell these. I'm currently running a single right can, so --- the left saddle bag doesn't have much support. So, these bags would definitely work better if you are running the stocker dual exhaust. The pictures below don't show it, but the back sides of the saddle bags also have a layer of white heat resistant material ----- they should have no problems laying against the heat shield of the OEM exhaust.

The Saddle Bags are called the 'Tri-Bags'. I also purchased the attachable tail bag. This tail bag can also be used by itself, it has 4 bungy hooks in the bottom and can fasten to the 919's seat hooks...... or if you're using the saddle bags it has plastic quick connectors. The saddle bags AND the tail pack are expendable and provide quite a bit of space.

The saddle bags sell for around $160, and the tail pack is another $70. (I paid around $230)

I'm willing to sell them for $150 shipped. They are in near new condition.

I'm being lazy tonight......and decided to pull images from the web --- instead of pulling everything out and taking actual pictures. Rest Assured, they're in excellent condition.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-22-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

I just found a shot here on WT of what the tail bag looks like by itself. Definitely could be left on all the time..... then simply add the saddle bags whenever you want to do a longer trip.

post #3 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 11:22 AM
speedjunkie

Like those bags... sent ya pm.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Tesserarius

I own those exact bags and they are GREAT.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people do in a lifetime" - Burt Munro
post #5 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 12:47 PM
speedjunkie

Nice to hear. No heat problems due to the pipes, right?

post #6 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

I ran them on my 5 hour trip back home laying on my titanium arrow - with no problems. They have built in heat shields and the foam is also pretty resiliant.......

The oem stockers with the heat shields would be ideal and work perfect with these bags.

You need duals or a rack to support them if you have weight in them.

post #7 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 01:31 PM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

The 919 above is mine. The bag stays on all the time (unless I have a passenger, but that's super rare). It's actually been on there for nearly 2 years and is starting to fade. I'd recommend putting some UV protectant on them.

I ran another brand of soft bags and even on all day rides, there was never any problem with either my stock pipes or my Satos. The Cortech Sport Tailbag is awesome and expandable. I always carry an extra shield, bungee, rain gloves, cable lock, and a few other small things in there. I still have room to make small trips to the grocery.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #8 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Lol.....I'm busted.

post #9 of 13 Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Tesserarius

I run with my tail bag all the time to, but I use the straps to hold it on, looking at pic posted above, I have no clue how thats mounted with out falling off.

"You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people do in a lifetime" - Burt Munro
post #10 of 13 Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml2727 View Post
I run with my tail bag all the time to, but I use the straps to hold it on, looking at pic posted above, I have no clue how thats mounted with out falling off.
The tail bag has the elastic rope with hooks on the ends built in. I traded someone my original seat for a 2004+ seat that has 4 hooks. I take the hooks on the bag and connect the front two together under the bag, then I pull a loop from each side and connect them to the front hooks on the seat. I connect the rear two hooks together then pull the loops out of each side and connect them to the rear hooks on the seat. Very tight setup. I have probably logged 10,000 miles with this setup.

post #11 of 13 Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Tesserarius

Yeah you lost me there..lol
I own a 04 9er I will have to tinker with it a bit

post #12 of 13 Old 11-24-2010, 10:09 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml2727 View Post
Yeah you lost me there..lol
I own a 04 9er I will have to tinker with it a bit
Connect the big plastic hooks on the bag to themselves in the space under the bag. This will create a "loop" front and rear. The hooks stay under the bag and you pull the middle of the bungee cord down and loop it over the little metal hooks on the seat. I'd take a picture, but I didn't ride today. It's 38 and raining.

Maybe this picture will help. Look at the front hook on the seat. You can see how the bungee cord wraps around the hook and goes back under the bag. All four corners are like this.

If you want additional info on how I attached the bag, send me a PM and I'll take some photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tailbag.jpg (73.8 KB, 3 views)

post #13 of 13 Old 11-24-2010, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

.... the different year seats have different #'s of hooks..... mine also has 4 hooks.....

Thanks everybody!!!! The BAGs have been SOLD ---- to the girl with the pony!

************************* SOLD *******************************

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode