***SOLD***BNIB Intel i7-3770k - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 20 Old 06-16-2013, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

***SOLD***BNIB Intel i7-3770k

I know there are some computer nerds here as well as me so i figured id list this here.

Up for sale, a brand new NEVER OPENED i7 3770k. Bought it for a HTPC build then convinced myself ye ole e8500 in the htpc was doing just fine. So no need for a second 3770k in the house.

Price: $235 SHIPPED (Via usps priority flat rate box w/ tracking)

Payment = Paypal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130529_151507.jpg (227.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130529_151453.jpg (266.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20130529_151445.jpg (280.9 KB, 7 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Dang, wish I could. Been wanting to build a better gaming rig. No money ATM, though. GLWS!!!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #3 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 06:21 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

GLWS

Will it be faster than my 486 machine running DOS with 16mb of non-edo ram? And is it compatible with an AT power supply along with my 14.4k US-Robotics ISA modem? Just wondering because I'm thinking of upgrading.

Gonna transfer my 5.25" backups to the cutting edge Iomega Zip100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGFlSw2voDc

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller

post #4 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

hahahha

post #5 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 08:36 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Bad ass comercial there Andrewebay1!!!!

Great price on the 3770K! Don't have a need for it as it WAY too powerfull for the computer i am building for my in-laws otherwise I would bite. Put it on CL and i am sure some local gamer will eat it up quick.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #6 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Will it be faster than my 486 machine running DOS with 16mb of non-edo ram? And is it compatible with an AT power supply along with my 14.4k US-Robotics ISA modem? Just wondering because I'm thinking of upgrading.

Gonna transfer my 5.25" backups to the cutting edge Iomega Zip100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGFlSw2voDc
486 dx...what is my question. I had an acer aspire 486 dx2/50 with 128mb ram...that was our upgrade to the IBM ps2 286 sx I believe. I grew up on dos and knew the difference in midi soundblaster, pro, 16, and roland. In fact, I just dug up my original cdrom of interplays Decent that I'm going to try and port to my Android tablet someday soon...loved that game.

I'm not a uber tech fiend now as its hard for me to keep up but good memories back then...where 1mb of ram was intense. Ahhh, thanks for the refresher, haven't thought about those specs in years.

Edit, in further thoughts I don't think my ram was that high. Maybe 16mb is right? I think that was in my Pentium 100 after the aspire that I had 128...

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 10:35 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Hmmm... let's see now. My first games I really got into were the Wing Commander series. Started with Wing Commander Academy then jumped to Wing Commander 3 I think. The movie scenes, gameplay, interactive mode (you got to pick what to say in conversations which effects the story line and gameplay), and at the time the graphics were cutting edge (at least on WC3 and newer). I dished out the money to get a Voodoo graphics card LoL, that was before NVidia days. Oh the memories.

Academy:
Wing Commander - YouTube

WC3: You guys remember Biff from Back to the Future? He plays Maniac. And Mark Hamil is your character. The series was just epic.
Wing Commander 3 - Mission 2 Part 2/2 - YouTube

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #8 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 10:46 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by velodesign View Post
Edit, in further thoughts I don't think my ram was that high. Maybe 16mb is right? I think that was in my Pentium 100 after the aspire that I had 128...
My memory is not great with it either. I just remember the need to upgrade my 16MB memory to 32MB just to meet the recommended specs and that was a leap on its own. LoL

BTW, the first PC I fully built was a 5x86 AMD. back in 96-97. I didn't know how to install the OS as that's actually more complex at the time than piecing the hardware together. Nowadays you build the computer and set the bios to boot on the optical drive and the rest is a cake-walk for W7/8!

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #9 of 20 Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Hmmm... let's see now. My first games I really got into were the Wing Commander series. Started with Wing Commander Academy then jumped to Wing Commander 3 I think. The movie scenes, gameplay, interactive mode (you got to pick what to say in conversations which effects the story line and gameplay), and at the time the graphics were cutting edge (at least on WC3 and newer). I dished out the money to get a Voodoo graphics card LoL, that was before NVidia days. Oh the memories.

Academy:
Wing Commander - YouTube

WC3: You guys remember Biff from Back to the Future? He plays Maniac. And Mark Hamil is your character. The series was just epic.
Wing Commander 3 - Mission 2 Part 2/2 - YouTube
Go to GOG.com and you can buy Wing Commander 1,2,3 for like $5us.

I remember upgrading to 128MB of RAM from 64MB in our Win ME machine but then again I remembering all the upgrades from Windows 3.1x to XP. And each time it was amazing the performance gains you got.

post #10 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 12:26 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post

Go to GOG.com and you can buy Wing Commander 1,2,3 for like $5us.
Score! I'll check that out. Thanks Dave

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #11 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 05:42 AM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

I tried to get some PC133 ram to get it up to 1gig for my garage monster with serial ports. Kid in the bestbuy said that he never heard of PC133. I guess he never partied like 1999, lol

PC133 or Bust!

post #12 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

GOG.com is the bomb.

I remember when I got my VooDoo card with 8mb of dedicated RAM. Was excited to actually play Starcraft Broodwar on a nice card for once.

Then my roommate (also PC literate) walked in, saw the card in the PC, and with his statically charged shoes and body points to and reaches towards it, right as I hear a faint 'pop'. He only got halfway through saying "Dude, you got your new vide....."

Asshat wouldn't even offer to replace the card. Needless to say, I never let him near my computer again.

Luckily, I declared it DOA and got it replaced.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #13 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 04:17 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Oh hell yea, they got Privateer which I never played. WC3 and 4. No WC Prophecy though, which I thought was the best one.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #14 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 05:43 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post

I remember when I got my VooDoo card with 8mb of dedicated RAM. Was excited to actually play Starcraft Broodwar on a nice card for once.

Then my roommate (also PC literate) walked in, saw the card in the PC, and with his statically charged shoes and body points to and reaches towards it, right as I hear a faint 'pop'. He only got halfway through saying "Dude, you got your new vide....."
I remember upgrading the built-in memory on a video card once. Accidentally put the memory in upside down (it had a socket type of bank). The video card didn't fire up and I think I smelled something cooking. So instead of a visual, I started feeling around the machine and basically wasn't thinking. Fingers got to the memory chips I just put it and it was HOT!!! Quick reflex had me pull my arm in a real hurry, unfortunately there was another opened computer just within elbow reach. It cut open by elbow damn deep, those cheap Chinese cases had sharp edges!!

Yup, have battle scars from computers.

And by the way, somewhere in this thread is a new Intel I7 for sale. LOL

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #15 of 20 Old 06-21-2013, 06:30 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

That's true there is an i7 for a great price for sale!!!

Look at M.A.X and M.A.X. II on GOG. Probably the BEST Turn based and then RTS from that age...well, besides the original C&C. Then you have Masters of Orion I, II, and III. Talk about one hell of an indepth game!

post #16 of 20 Old 06-27-2013, 06:08 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

FREE BUMP!|

Just downloaded Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger from GOG. AWESOME!! Although I remembered the graphics being better...is there any way to tweak Dos Box? I remember when I had my old machine, the drivers for the voodoo card had a bunch of commands prior to the game firing up.

Also built two I3 machines, no cases yet so I'm loading W7 from the bench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (152.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 1048346_10201220681701729_1367900698_o.jpg (145.8 KB, 14 views)

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #17 of 20 Old 06-27-2013, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

I should note that the CPU is SOLD SOLD SOLD.... yall missed your chance! haha

post #18 of 20 Old 06-28-2013, 02:03 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

LOL That is awesome Andrewbay1!!! Why not just get a test bench and set them up there. Less risk of ESD!!!

post #19 of 20 Old 06-29-2013, 01:12 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

I've always tested and ran MBs on top of their boxes fine, long as you don't touch or hover near it, it should be alright. Besides shorting the power pins to fire it up, there really isn't any reason to get close to the mb after it's on. I usually build them in the case but sometimes with timing and needing to leave, I'll install the O/S and let it run overnight. Then assemble it in the case.

I don't know what I was thinking, should've asked a buddy if he wanted this i7. Dude built his first one last month and now he's convincing all his relatives to upgrade so he can build it for them for free. Mind you his first build he plopped the MB on the case without standoffs and had to send it back to Tiger Direct because it was "DOA". LOL Of course after doing all the troubleshooting with him on the phone, then he asks what this little gold screws with screw holes are.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #20 of 20 Old 06-29-2013, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Le So Cal Troll

Hahahahh yeah i have bench tested and ran many mobos. so long as there rnt on any conductive surfaces you are fine. Never had any issues with static killing parts either.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode