***SOLD***2007 for sale in south FL - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 37 Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

***SOLD***2007 for sale in south FL

I put it on eBay with a low reserve. As stated in the auction, I'm not selling any bits until the bike's buyer decides what he or she wants.

Honda : CB in Honda | eBay Motorcycles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster View Post
I put it on eBay with a low reserve. As stated in the auction, I'm not selling any bits until the bike's buyer decides what he or she wants.

GLWS!

Just be careful with eBay - if you listed it in the auction and it's on the bike, then it goes to the winning bidder.

Anything you take off before then could be drastically used against you in eBay mediation when the buyer complains, and you'll get a hefty (think 20% or so) ding in profits if they think you were trying to swindle the buyer.

I think you would still get more for the accessories either on here or ebay by parting it out. But it does take time and you pay a bit more for shipping/listing fees.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #3 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 01:23 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

GLWS!

post #4 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 02:59 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster

Dibs on extra bits.

post #5 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Thanks to all. I added a statement to the auction to clarify what's included. Considering my reserve is inside 4k and includes a lot, I hope it someone picks it up as a package.

post #6 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Pierre-Marc

dibs on the front pitbull stand!

post #7 of 37 Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

What are you replacing the 9er with?

post #8 of 37 Old 03-18-2013, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

The auction didn't hit my $3950 reserve but I have a few interested parties e-mailing me so we'll see what happens. I will relist it if necessary and will list available bits that the buyer doesn't take ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
What are you replacing the 9er with?
As it turns out, the 919 is a very hard act to follow. Using what I thought were objective criteria, I narrowed my next bike down selection down to two candidates. After riding demos of each, however, I have to revisit my decision. At minimum I have to ride another bike or two and the bottom line is that I have not settled yet There is a high likelihood that the selection will have a v-twin or triple engine

post #9 of 37 Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 AM
Tool & Die

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 

GLWS. If the luggage rack doesn’t go with the bike let me know.

post #10 of 37 Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow919
I Already called dibs on the extras that aren't even for sale

post #11 of 37 Old 03-18-2013, 06:56 AM
Tesserarius

I'd be VERY interested in the seat.

post #12 of 37 Old 03-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster View Post
There is a high likelihood that the selection will have a v-twin or triple engine

FWIW, Italian V-twins eat European triples for breakfast.

...and lunch, brunch, after-lunch snack, dinner, suppertime, midnight snack....

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2006 Honda 599 - Wanda
2007 Honda CB900F (click for pics -sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #13 of 37 Old 03-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Tirone

Do you ride this bike?

Really! How in the world do you get a bike so clean? If I spent the time to get mine that clean, I'd hate to ride it. I'm about to sell mine, and I can see I'm not going to get much for it.

post #14 of 37 Old 03-20-2013, 04:56 AM
Tool & Die

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
Really! How in the world do you get a bike so clean? If I spent the time to get mine that clean, I'd hate to ride it. I'm about to sell mine, and I can see I'm not going to get much for it.
Honda Brite. Spray that stuff on, wait a min (not so long that it dries), and rinse. That stuff works great! Stuborn spots may take some lite scrubbing. You'll be shinin' in no time.

post #15 of 37 Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 AM
Tool & Die

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow919 View Post
I'll call second dibs on the carbon heat sheilds too. Where did you pic those up? Also, did you hit the tank with a the claw side of a hammer? I would have been soooo pissed at myself.

post #16 of 37 Old 03-23-2013, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow919 View Post
I'll call second dibs on the carbon heat sheilds too. Where did you pic those up? Also, did you hit the tank with a the claw side of a hammer? I would have been soooo pissed at myself.
I was clumsy in removing a bicycle from a wall rack near the 919 and a pedal hit the tank. I was upset but it's just a 919 - would have hurt worse if it happened to my 911.

The CF heat shields came with the Leo Vince cans and need to stay with them. Unfortunately the bidding only hit $3600, two weeks in a row. Maybe the third time is the charm. I'll go $3800 on the reserve price but that's bottom dollar. Otherwise I'll keep it as a backup Lol.

post #17 of 37 Old 03-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Aquilifer

If you were closer I would be a buyer. GLWS

post #18 of 37 Old 04-06-2013, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Thanks PAUL. I've re-listed the bike with a $3800 reserve. Let's see what happens this time

post #19 of 37 Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mambomonster
Thanks PAUL. I've re-listed the bike with a $3800 reserve. Let's see what happens this time

Hey, why not just start the bidding at 3800 with no reserve so people aren't guessing? Just think it might help ya. Glws..

post #20 of 37 Old 04-14-2013, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

The 919 is sold, to a great guy who is off on his ride home to Brooklyn. Enjoy dude! Most bits are gone. I will respond to those who wanted certain items first.

post #21 of 37 Old 04-14-2013, 01:27 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Congrats!

post #22 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 AM
Tirone

Congrats on selling the bike out from under me after I'd paid you the deposit!!

Then, not even being man enough to send me a text to let me know that you had in fact sold it.

Also not telling me that you were meeting another buyer so that way I would have known not to pay the shipper a non-refundable deposit.

Really appreciate it man. I was up front with you about any problems I had. Thanks for returning the favor.

"Faster faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"- Hunter S. Thompson
post #23 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 01:59 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #24 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 06:09 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
+1

Spoiler:

post #25 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severed View Post
Congrats on selling the bike out from under me after I'd paid you the deposit!!

Then, not even being man enough to send me a text to let me know that you had in fact sold it.

Also not telling me that you were meeting another buyer so that way I would have known not to pay the shipper a non-refundable deposit.

Really appreciate it man. I was up front with you about any problems I had. Thanks for returning the favor.
Ho hum. Severed did in fact pay a deposit to me via paypal and it was refunded 100% after I came to the conclusion that he was having trouble closing the deal. I worked with him over the course of the last 3 weeks. He allegedly booked a flight for two Saturdays ago. He texted me on that morning to say he didn't have the money because he could't get to his bank and also make his flight. He rescheduled and rather than judging him for poor planning, I worked with him for two more weeks. He told me that he found another flight, but then he changed his plan to getting a shipping quote from uship. The lowest shipping bidder would not be able to pick up for a couple of more weeks. Ultimately I lost confidence in his readiness to buy so I refunded his money and sold to a guy who had his plan together. After receiving the deposit I ended the eBay listing and turned several other buyers away. Only after a few more days of uncertainty did I decide to refund his money and move to a different buyer. That's the story and I won't be replying again

post #26 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Personally I would've kept the deposit. After about two weeks, it's non refundable IMO. Good on you for giving it back to him.

Spoiler:

post #27 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919
Personally I would've kept the deposit. After about two weeks, it's non refundable IMO. Good on you for giving it back to him.
That would make you a thief IMO. Unless you had a contract/ agreement

post #28 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post

That would make you a thief IMO. Unless you had a contract/ agreement
Agreed. But I would have one or wouldn't accept the deposit.

Spoiler:

post #29 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM
Tirone

I didn't give him the deposit until a week ago. After I missed my first flight. I apologized and told him that I could book another flight. A couple days later I told him that I was just going to ship it and avoid the hassle. He told me that he'd remove the bike from ebay and it would be mine, once he received the deposit.

So I found a shipper and told him everything was set. And I was going to paypal him the rest of the money. I just needed him to confirm that he could be there the day the bike was going to be picked up. He never did and after asking him again if he could be there he told me NOT to send the money until he was sure he could be there.

I've had my plan together since the 8th and I didn't pay him the deposit until after I had my plan together and he agreed to it.

So after agreeing to everything and taking my deposit he then waited a week and sold it out from under me while I was waiting for a response from him. And the only reason I knew that he sold it to someone else was a refund of my deposit through paypal. Not even the decency to let me know that he screwed me.

Only after multiple texts did he finally text me back and tell me that he'd sold it to someone else.

Thus costing me the flight of one the ticket I booked(Not a huge deal, because I was planning on shipping anyway) but a non refundable deposit on a shipper that I can't use because he didn't have the balls to tell me he was double dealing under the table with someone else.

Bottom line: Yes I missed one flight. But afterwards we had a new business agreement and after I came through on my end he screwed me and didn't deliver.

"Faster faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death"- Hunter S. Thompson
post #30 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Congrats on the sale mambomonster. I hope you stick around still.

Spoiler:

post #31 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919

Agreed. But I would have one or wouldn't accept the deposit.
Good point

post #32 of 37 Old 04-15-2013, 04:40 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severed View Post
So I found a shipper and told him everything was set. And I was going to paypal him the rest of the money. I just needed him to confirm that he could be there the day the bike was going to be picked up.

Bottom line: Yes I missed one flight. But afterwards we had a new business agreement and after I came through on my end he screwed me and didn't deliver.
You switched plans twice from missing the first flight and canceling the 2nd to opt for a shipper from Uship. I can see why he's lost confidence in your deal.

Contact your CC company to dispute the Uship deposit as there was no 'dry run'- where the driver went to the pickup site with nothing to pick up. Bottom line, it was all paperwork from you and the broker. They shaft people here all the time so don't think you're the first to reverse charges on them... Basically there were no services rendered. And if that doesn't work out for some reason (don't see why it wouldn't), then unfortunately you have to take that cost as well. You gave the green light for pick-up when the transaction wasn't complete.

It's a costly lesson and I feel your pain man, I like to think WT is a tight-knit group but really anyone can join and make deals here. Their post per day and amount of posts are good indications of how much confidence you can go into a transaction with them.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #33 of 37 Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 AM
Aquilifer

Seriously, how does anyone miss a flight?

post #34 of 37 Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Who cares at this point, he said she said . Bike is sold, congrats to OP. To other dude, there are plenty of 9ers for sale out there.

post #35 of 37 Old 04-16-2013, 06:05 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

^^Gota love predictive text...

post #36 of 37 Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
^^Gota love predictive text...
Haha, speaking of other 919s for sale.........

post #37 of 37 Old 05-12-2013, 09:10 PM
Secret Agent

wish i knew of this earlier.. i did see your bike on ebay. I didn't bit cuz i assumed it would have been too high but i guess i was wrong. It was a v nice bike from the looks of it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode