post #1 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

FS: 2002 Honda 919 - Georgia **SOLD**

For sale:

2002 Honda 919
21k miles
Clean title, in hand, no lien.
Located in Marietta, GA 30067

This is a very solid bike. Probably the most solid and reliable bike that I’ve owned. I primarily commute on her (see chicken strips) so the bike has not been abused. I do not pop wheelies (I don’t even know how) or do any other stunts. My commute is almost entirely highway on I-75, against traffic. The bike is stored in our garage at all times. It does not overheat or otherwise run anything other than crisply and strongly. It pulls hard and plenty of torque is available. I routinely get 40-45mpg on my commute which includes the usually mix of full throttle fun and gas-misering. If I take it real easy on a tank, I’ve seen 50mpg on a week’s worth or commuting. The worst I’ve seen is 37mpg and that was a lot of full throttle action and higher than usual cruising speeds.

I actually planned to keep this puppy through some very high mileage, but I’ve been lured to another bike and literally don’t have room in the garage for another bike.

Extras:
Sato Cans (Sato aluminum placards are still sealed in the packaging and are included if you want to affix them on the cans)
Renthal bars
Power Commander (manual, cable and cd included)
Rizoma grab bar plugs
Fender eliminator
Compact turn signals

Maintenance:
New X-ring stock length chain at ~20,500 (stock sprockets fine)
New front brake pads at ~20,500
Rear tire still has a few thousand miles
Front tire should be replaced in a 1000 or less (I commute and went lower pressure for a few weeks without noticing, hence strange wear)
Lower-mileage OEM front rotors are going on currently to replace one with out-of-spec run out.
I run Honda oil only.
I’ve run 93 octane only until the last 3 or 4 tanks, when I took some forum advice and tried mid-grade and then regular and the bike performs perfectly fine on those grades.
Washed and waxed regularly.

Cosmetic/Mechanical issues:
No mechanical issues besides the one warped front rotor, replacement rotors are going on this week. No leaks. Engine is spotless and looks like new.
The bike is clean overall, but there are occasional blemishes which I’ve pointed out in the pics below. As far as I’m aware the previous owner layed the bike down at low speed so the starter cover is scratched, the side of the seat fairing has a wear spot and the exhaust clamp and one rivet have scratches.

I’m not in a hurry to sell, and have an alternate place to garage her through the winter if the other bike arrives before it’s gone.

Price: $3600 firm

Contact me via PM, or [email protected] or feel free to call me at 404-790-3650 in the evenings, EST.

Thanks,
-Daniel

Pics: (note, the buell flyscreen was just removed and sold, but everything else stays. new chain since these photos.)

2002 919 - Renthal bars, Power Commander, Sato pipes, Rizoma passender handle plugs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

good luck with the sale. If your ever down in the Columbus Area let me know. What bike is on its way?

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #3 of 15 Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 PM
MAM Customs

Don't know how I've missed the fact you're in Marietta. Are you the 9'er always out riding during the day with another motorcycle on Sandy Plains and Hwy 92 and the rest of that area?

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra

post #4 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
good luck with the sale. If your ever down in the Columbus Area let me know. What bike is on its way?
Thanks! It's looking like an 08 Ducati 848 at this point. Will know for sure today after I go demo one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorrager View Post
Don't know how I've missed the fact you're in Marietta. Are you the 9'er always out riding during the day with another motorcycle on Sandy Plains and Hwy 92 and the rest of that area?
I don't think that is me. My daily commute is 75N from exit 263 to Chastain where I work. I don't really ride over that way and unfortunately for me, I don't have many friends that ride or use their bikes.

2002 919 - Renthal bars, Power Commander, Sato pipes, Rizoma passender handle plugs.

post #5 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Bike looks great. Alot of great mods. Good luck with the sale!

post #6 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

^^ Thank you! Already a highly interested local from craigslist. Off to a good start.

post #7 of 15 Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM
MAM Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
I don't think that is me. My daily commute is 75N from exit 263 to Chastain where I work. I don't really ride over that way and unfortunately for me, I don't have many friends that ride or use their bikes.
When you get your new bike we'll have to meet up for a ride. I usually do most Sundays with both my brothers and sometimes a couple others. Good luck with the sale.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra
post #8 of 15 Old 11-20-2008, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorrager View Post
When you get your new bike we'll have to meet up for a ride. I usually do most Sundays with both my brothers and sometimes a couple others. Good luck with the sale.
Sounds good. My brothers also ride (well, one just starting) but one lives in Knoxville and one in Griffin so don't do rides too often.

post #9 of 15 Old 11-26-2008, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

Bump.

post #10 of 15 Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

Replacement brake rotors are installed. Ready to roll.

post #11 of 15 Old 12-03-2008, 01:27 PM
Milites Gregarius

Out of any ad for any item ever, that may be the most honest thing I've ever seen. You had pictures where I didn't even see a problem!

The ducati 848 is a sexy beast. Good luck to you.

post #12 of 15 Old 12-04-2008, 10:55 AM
duc duc GOOSE!

if this was in PA or even within 2 hours driving distance I would have looked at it the second he posted. great shape and competitive price. good luck!

14 Ducati Monster 1200, termi's
07 VFR Anniversary Edition-SOLD
02 919-SOLD
01 CBR F4i-SOLD
02 CBR F4i-SOLD
92 Kawi EX 500-SOLD
post #13 of 15 Old 12-15-2008, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
High on acceleration

SOLD! Mods please delete or close. Thanks!

post #14 of 15 Old 12-16-2008, 03:50 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Congrats on the sale. I always get choked up seeing one of my bikes leave the driveway with a new owner. Hope the transaction went smoothly.

So, what's next?

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #15 of 15 Old 12-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
SOLD! Mods please delete or close. Thanks!
Added **SOLD** to the thread title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Congrats on the sale. I always get choked up seeing one of my bikes leave the driveway with a new owner.
I'm with you on this one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode