Front fender, Gauge cluster, radiator... AKA, Yup, I crashed. :( - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Front fender, Gauge cluster, radiator... AKA, Yup, I crashed. :(

I've got a 2002 919 that I most stupidly crashed today... Looking for a gauge cluster, front fender, and radiator to start... Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Hope you are okay!

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #3 of 11 Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Speed Lover

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikhon View Post
I've got a 2002 919 that I most stupidly crashed today... Looking for a gauge cluster, front fender, and radiator to start... Thanks.
Tikhon I'm getting ready to take mine off to install a Koso gauge. It's a 2006 model in perfect condition if you're interested PM me?

post #4 of 11 Old 04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

OEM gauges are expensive if you buy them new. I got mine for about $600. Hope you are alright.

Spoiler:

post #5 of 11 Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 PM
Immune

I have some gauges off an 02. If your interested PM me. Gauges show aprox 14,000 miles on them. I also have a front fender from my 02

post #6 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Milites Gregarius

Hope you are okay, the bike can be mended. If your forks are buffered I have a set of 03's I'll sell you for $100 plus shipping. I replaced them with a set of 03's with racetech springs last year

2003 919 Gloss Black
K&N, Barracuda Headlight and Turn Signals, MBD Bellypan, Leo Vince Slip Ons, PCIII with LDH Map, Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail, Homemade Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Handlebars, Rizoma Grips and Bar Ends, Racetech 1Kg fork springs

2008 Dodge Charger Inferno Red
post #7 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Milites Gregarius

Buffered - I hate predictive text on the IPod - buggered I meant

2003 919 Gloss Black
K&N, Barracuda Headlight and Turn Signals, MBD Bellypan, Leo Vince Slip Ons, PCIII with LDH Map, Clear Alternatives Integrated Tail, Homemade Fender Eliminator, Rizoma Handlebars, Rizoma Grips and Bar Ends, Racetech 1Kg fork springs

2008 Dodge Charger Inferno Red
post #8 of 11 Old 04-22-2011, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

LOL! I was wondering what the heck buffered forks were!! I thought I was just stupid, and started looking around on the internet for buffered forks! Thanks for the concern, everybody. I'm ok--just a little scrape on the shin is all I got. I was more pissed at myself for making such a rookie mistake than anything. Instead of looking through the turn, I approached it and fixated on an object in the turn and got my line all wrong. I froze up and tried to slow down instead of trusting my tires to do the work. I went wide and onto the dirt and laid her down pretty quick. Busted the front fender, torqued the radiator and pulled it off the brackets, broke off the speedo, scraped up the paint on the tank and added a dent, and scraped the back fender and heat shield a bit. And... for reasons unknown, there is a scrape on the other side of the opposite side fender and it tore the seat a little there too. Not sure how that happened. I'll be off here for the weekend... Holy Week is here... but I'll be back come Monday and will get back to you guys.

post #9 of 11 Old 04-23-2011, 12:46 PM
The Cripple

damn, glad you're ok!

i also have a few parts as well. i have gauges with no plug (you could cut yours off from your busted cluster and add it to this one) that i'll let you have for $50 complete if you dont want anyone else's already offered gauges. just an added option for you..

i dont have a front fender available yet but i will soon. if you snag snowgrl's awesome. if not, mine will be up for grabs soon as well.

radiator, sorry i cant help you there... try ebay for that one, you might get lucky.

post #10 of 11 Old 04-28-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks all. I opted for snowytgr1's offer since he had both the fender and gauges... and the gauges had almost the exact same mileage as mine did! Still looking for a radiator. I'll keep my eyes open on ebay and make some calls to a few local motorcycle salvage places...

post #11 of 11 Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Received the gauges and fender this weekend all in good order! I plan on installing them soon! Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode