Custom Grab Handle Covers - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 47 Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Custom Grab Handle Covers

I took these off my 919 before I sold it...I won't need em. They are super light aluminum. $15 bucks shipped in the states.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 04-16-2011, 10:15 AM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Totally uncool

These reject covers were sent to you for $3 with an agreement that you would install them and post a picture, witch didn't happen. Now your going to sell them without mentioning they are rejects. THANK you brother.

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #3 of 47 Old 04-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Aquilifer

If that's the full story, then that is really uncool.

post #4 of 47 Old 04-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmike View Post
Very uncool.

Spoiler:

post #5 of 47 Old 04-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

BTW, Ideajones, I have your covers and love them.

I had them powdercoated, so the fit was REAL tight (I had to scrape some of the powder off the inside edges to finally get them in).

I think they look right tasty...

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #6 of 47 Old 04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Milites Gregarius

I'm also another satisfied Idea customer.....

post #7 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideajones View Post
These reject covers were sent to you for $3 with an agreement that you would install them and post a picture, witch didn't happen. Now your going to sell them without mentioning they are rejects. THANK you brother.

WTF is this? I just saw this post. When I bought these, I didn't realize there were strings attached to the sale. I bought em and will do with em what I please which includes throwing em in the trash or donating em.....it's none of your business what I do with em. Do you want em back? I don't own a 919 anymore..do you want me to eat em. What do you expect me to do with parts that only fit this bike? I thought maybe somebody else would want them for their 9'er. What's wrong with that? I'm stunned you are being an asshole about this. What is your problem with this crap and your piling on lapdogs? You can have em back for free if you're gonna whine like a little girl about MY covers. I'm a wealthy man dude...I don't need the stinking few bucks. BTW, there's nothing wrong with them, they worked perfectly. WTF is wrong with you idiots with this piling on shit?

post #8 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmike View Post

that's not the whole story lapdog #1

post #9 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
Very uncool.
same to you #2

You guys act like I'm trying to get rich off these things. The GD shipping would be $4 or $5 bucks for em. How dare you judge me over a few measley bucks. FU.

post #10 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:

Now that I'm calmer...I just looked at my old sent messages to see what was said between us and if you recall, I contacted you about a set of these at the regular price. You mentioned to me that you had a "reject" set. I asked you what was wrong with em and you said one of em was a sliver thinner than the other. You said it wasn't even noticeable. I said I didn't care I was gonna paint em anyway. YOU dictated the price...I didn't . I would have paid more cause I wanted a set. I got them and put em on the bike in the middle of January when the bike was in storage away from my house. Sorry if I agreed to a pic and didn't get it to you fast enough but I was ass deep in cold or snow in January. You should have asked me for it if it was that important to you. I had no intention of selling them and they would still be on the bike had I not sold it. Smart people always take the mods off for resale when they get rid of a bike and since I tried all last year to sell this POS 919 I had zero confidence that it would sell anyway...but it did. Hence the extra covers.

Now, if you can follow, let's do some simple math. I paid $3 lousy bucks for em and was asking $15 shipped to the states. There's a few bucks for shipping + the $3 bucks I paid for em. So according to my math, that's somewhere around $8 bucks to the good IF I got the $15....I would have sold em for the postage just so somebody else could use em and still will. So my question to your troublemaking ass is....do you really want an internet war over covers that you're terrified that I just might make enough to buy a soda with? I can't let you and a couple of your lap dogs smear me over a couple bucks. You started this by trying to humiliate me over a pair of hole covers...now, I wanna finish it. I have the emails if anyone is interested in seeing them. You made this public, now I want a public apology.

I will keep bumping this to the top so that everybody can see it until I am satisfied with your response.

post #11 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Bump for a response

post #12 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Sixty-9er

You're an idiot...how's that response.

"Grip it and Rip it!"
post #13 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Here is our verbal agreement

Re: hole covers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideajones
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastrex
Quote:
Quote:
I'm interested in a set of these if ya got a set made up.
I have a reject set, good ones coming soon!

what's wrong with the reject set? I'm gonna paint em anyway...if it's cosmetic
LMK...thanks.
One is .040 thick and one is .030 and one will need the location pin removed. If your going to just glue them in place they will work. I'll ship them to you for $3.00 if you can share a picture on the forum after installation.
Cool?

That would be awesome bro. I'm a picture whore anyway...lol. Be happy to do that for ya.

I'll need your Paypal address unless it's in the thread (which I'll check here in a sec). Here's my info

I left out your address as a courtesy because you are wealthy.

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #14 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Re: hole covers
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'm interested in a set of these if ya got a set made up.
I have a reject set, good ones coming soon!

what's wrong with the reject set? I'm gonna paint em anyway...if it's cosmetic
LMK...thanks.
One is .040 thick and one is .030 and one will need the location pin removed. If your going to just glue them in place they will work. I'll ship them to you for $3.00 if you can share a picture on the forum after installation.
Cool?

That would be awesome bro. I'm a picture whore anyway...lol. Be happy to do that for ya.

I'll need your Paypal address unless it's in the thread (which I'll check here in a sec). Here's my info

I left out your address as a courtesy because you are wealthy.

I don't see in there where it says I have to report back to you concerning the hole covers if I sell the bike 4 months later, and.... that's exactly what I said verbatim in my post....thanks for proving my point. The hole covers are free to anybody who wants em for the postage. Next time use the pm....much easier.

now post up your full name...fair is fair

post #15 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrusher4444 View Post
You're an idiot...how's that response.

Well, I see since you can't fault my story or the facts, you jump in with the personal attacks. Doesn't change the facts pal. Try to focus.

post #16 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 09:41 AM
Sixty-9er

Fact: You got called out and now are offering them for what you paid for them.

"Grip it and Rip it!"
post #17 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM
The Cripple

1fastrex, you need to take a chill pill, relax, and try to look at it from a broader perspective. this isnt about a few measley dollars as you put it. it's the principle of the matter. that principle is, you were given a major discount with the understanding that you'd help out with a picture or two, and knowing that they were defective.

at some point, you then turned around and offered to sell them with a 500% mark up compared to what YOU paid for them, with NO mention of them being defective. if you want to sell them, fine sell them since you sold the 919, but tell people it's defective as such AND dont do a 500% markup in a community that looks out for eachother, yourself included. that's called taking advantage.

basic principle my friend. the fact of the matter is, you are in the wrong, and ideajones was disrespected. you then proceeded to make this a personal issue after being called out (he did it quite nicely and open ended as well) and blow this up much bigger than it really is. the reality is, you're in the wrong. man up, apologize, and talk to ideajones on how to resolve the situation.

post #18 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Fact: You got called out and now are offering them for what you paid for them.

Called out? For selling property that belongs to me? When have you ever "called somebody out" for them selling something that you sold them 4 months earlier and for only that piddly amount of money...honestly? Let's be honest....if we were talking about postage or free he wouldn't have had an issue. He thought I was profiting from some wonderous gift he bestowed upon me. NOT. No rational thinking person would see this your way. I never in a million years dreamt that this would cause a problem or I wouldn't have posted em up. I see buying and selling every day between members on other forums without so much as a cross word. Do you really think I put em up for the lousy potential $8 profit...or did I try to move em cause I will never own another 919? Clue: it's the latter. No, I didn't want it to cost me to give em away and what's wrong with a piddly $4 or $5 profit. Are you guys Democrats and anticapitalists in here? Me thinks there are hypocrites here.

If idea hadn't whipped you guys into a hating pile on frenzy you would have seen that nobody was interested in em anyway which is why I didn't check the thread for 10 days.I didn't expect em to sell anyway. I don't know what you people want out of this...certainly aren't gonna get an apology outta me for posting my own items up for sale on here. I think quite the opposite here...i think it took alot of nerve to act offended for a guy selling his own property for next to nothing....which is what we're talking about here. I've always gotten along well with bikers as I've been one for over 35 years but I can see in this forum I obviously have very little in common with alot of you.

post #19 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Sixty-9er

You are right. We are ALL wrong. You won't be missed. Good luck on your sale.

"Grip it and Rip it!"
post #20 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
1fastrex, you need to take a chill pill, relax, and try to look at it from a broader perspective. this isnt about a few measley dollars as you put it. it's the principle of the matter. that principle is, you were given a major discount with the understanding that you'd help out with a picture or two, and knowing that they were defective.

At some point, you then turned around and offered to sell them with a 500% mark up compared to what YOU paid for them, with NO mention of them being defective. if you want to sell them, fine sell them since you sold the 919, but tell people it's defective as such AND dont do a 500% markup in a community that looks out for eachother, yourself included. that's called taking advantage.

basic principle my friend. the fact of the matter is, you are in the wrong, and ideajones was disrespected. you then proceeded to make this a personal issue after being called out (he did it quite nicely and open ended as well) and blow this up much bigger than it really is. the reality is, you're in the wrong. man up, apologize, and talk to ideajones on how to resolve the situation.

Well, that 500% markup as you put it turns into a few bucks and you're trying to make it sound as if I'm out shopping for Escalades. I swear, I have never seen this mentality on any other board. Look, it doesn't matter what I paid for em, he set the price and didn't do me any special favors, period. I pulled a price outta my ass and really didn't care what I got out of em...I just can't use em. Why was he so balled up about a pic anyway? It was Winter and the bike was buried in my inlaws garage. I put em on real quick and bolted inside to the heat and forgot about the bike for a couple of months. He makes these all the time and he had to have a pic of the ones he sent me? come on. What he did was crap on my thread and encourage a mob mentality....that will get you thrown off some boards. Then he posts up my personal info? What are you smoking to call that acceptable behavior? I did absolutely nothing wrong here and on every other board I've been a part of you don't call another board member out and embarrass them. If you have an issue, you take it to a PM. You call what he did putting it quite nicely and then the retards pile on to boot? All he had to do was PM me and I would have given the damn things back to him. they're worth nothing to me anyway. I can see board politics at work here. Apologize for getting publicly chopped off at the knees? no f'ing way.....

post #21 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
You are right. We are ALL wrong. You won't be missed. Good luck on your sale.

Yeah, I know that's how you guys handle things around here...about a week ago I saw you do this to another guy who came on with doe eyes and you shit in his face too. This is by far the unfriendliest board I've ever seen.

post #22 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastrex View Post
Called out? For selling property that belongs to me? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. honestly? Let's be honest....if we were talking about postage or free he wouldn't have had an issue. He thought I was profiting from some wonderous gift he bestowed upon me. NOT. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. Me thinks there are hypocrites here.

If idea hadn't whipped you guys into a hating pile on frenzy you would have seen that nobody was interested in em anyway which is why I didn't check the thread for 10 days.I didn't expect em to sell anyway. I don't know what you people want out of this...certainly aren't gonna get an apology outta me for posting my own items up for sale on here. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah I've been one for over 35 years but I can see in this forum I obviously have very little in common with alot of you.
i'm sorry... you lost me at the first "blah blah blah blah" maybe you should read MY post and respond to MY post.... any rational being will know that my point is spot on. here i'll even quote it again for you to save you the work of scrolling up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvster

at some point, you then turned around and offered to sell them with a 500% mark up compared to what YOU paid for them, with NO mention of them being defective. if you want to sell them, fine sell them since you sold the 919, but tell people it's defective as such AND dont do a 500% markup in a community that looks out for eachother, yourself included. that's called taking advantage.

but if you're gonna hold onto the mindset that you're right, and it's your property (never was about who's property it was) and refuse to acknowledge the REAL issue here at hand the principle of the matter, taking advantage of someone..... dude, dont let the door hit you on the way out......

post #23 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 10:58 AM
The Cripple

Quote:
Look, it doesn't matter what I paid for em, he set the price and didn't do me any special favors, period. I pulled a price outta my ass and really didn't care what I got out of em...
this dude is the CENTRAL POINT of this whole uproar. he DID do you a favor. he made these himself, with his materials, his time, his machines and he sold them to you for FAR less than what he normally charged, with an AGREEMENT between the both of you.

point one: he did you a favor by selling them to you for cheap

point two: you violated your end of the agreement

point three: you failed to mention they were "defective"

point four: you asked for a higher price than what you paid for, and the price you paid for was because of someone's kindness.

those are the central points here. these 4 points are why you're in the wrong. this isnt about you buying at a low price and selling at a higher price, this is about you taking advantage of someone's kindness. quit being a douchebag and man up. quit taking it so damn personal and try to understand how idea jones felt. the world doesnt revolve around you, and neither does this forum.

post #24 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
Sixty-9er

Exactly.

"Grip it and Rip it!"
post #25 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 11:24 AM
Discen

Why is everyone posting multiple times in a row instead of making one longer post and multi-quoting. I find double, tripple . . . posts very obnoxious, and I am sure it is against proper forum etiquette

post #26 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
the REAL issue here at hand the principle of the matter, taking advantage of someone...

That's sad to think that you guys believe that a man of my means would go to that length to knowingly deceive somebody for a couple bucks....and wait 4 months to do it. Don't say it's not about the money...it's right there in your quotes. Unless you think I take advantage of people for sport, it's about the money....and a ridiculously paltry sum at that. Unbelievable.

post #27 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
Aquilifer

Quote:
That's sad to think that you guys believe that a man of my means would go to that length

Wow.

post #28 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
point one: he did you a favor by selling them to you for cheap

point two: you violated your end of the agreement

point three: you failed to mention they were "defective"

point four: you asked for a higher price than what you paid for, and the price you paid for was because of someone's kindness.

These would all be valid points if I had not repeatedly stated that I would have sold em dirt ass cheap or happily given em away for postage if somebody had simply asked.... instead of publicly jumping down my throat first. You conveniently keep leaving that part out. You want me to admit I tried to screw the guy over when I didn't? If that's what you're waiting for you're gonna be awhile.

post #29 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
These would all be valid points if I had not repeatedly stated that I would have sold em dirt ass cheap or happily given em away for postage if somebody had simply asked.... instead of publicly jumping down my throat first. You conveniently keep leaving that part out. You want me to admit I tried to screw the guy over when I didn't? If that's what you're waiting for you're gonna be awhile.
they ARE valid points because you didnt say these lines in your ad, you added them after the fact, seeing that people thought you were in the wrong, as an attempt to save face while projecting the issues onto us. the fact is, the issue is YOU... you were wrong as per the valid points outlined previously. either accept it and deal with it, or dont.

the longer you deny these valid points, the more you make yourself look like an ass who's trying to save face and like i said, project the issue onto us. you clearly dont get it. admit that you were wrong on principle's sakes and move on. you're acting like a child, grow up.

post #30 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
That's sad to think that you guys believe that a man of my means would go to that length to knowingly deceive somebody for a couple bucks....and wait 4 months to do it. Don't say it's not about the money...it's right there in your quotes. Unless you think I take advantage of people for sport, it's about the money....and a ridiculously paltry sum at that. Unbelievable.
I think your ego speaks for itself. If you are wealthy, as you stated, and 'a man of means' as you state, then why did you not be charitable in the first place an offer the plates up for 'your' cost ($3) plus shipping. THAT happens more on this board than anywhere I've seen; guys needing parts and others willing to GIVE them for the price of shipping or enough to cover the basics, nothing more. You should have done that from the get go, not later after everyone jumped on you.

If you are so wealthy, then let the little things go and learn how to give. Your money won't do you any good if you keep it all in your pockets.

Oh, and your ego isn't worth shit, I can't believe the anger you have over this, my 3 year old shares better than you.

You want to know what my response would have been? (I also bought the same plates from ideajones):

"Dude, I sold my bike so I no longer need these plates. Do you want them back or do you want me to just offer them up on the classifieds? I'll post them for exactly what I paid, seeing how I never used them and never got you a pic like I promised. Thanks for doing this, it was awesome to get such a nice part at a discount. Too bad I didn't get to use them."

Learn how to be a gentleman. You won't keep friends any other way.

....and I don't mind one way or another if you stick around on the thread, we all butt heads some days, anyway. At least hangster had the balls to realize that yeah, we had a good laugh at his expense, hope he can laugh, too. I love learning from experiences like that, makes me a better person.

Just play nice and leave your anger and pity-party in the elementary playground, it's not needed here.

The ONLY thing I agree with you on is ideajones should not have posted your name, and that was probably just not thinking on his part. A simple request to a moderator can have that fixed.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #31 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:21 PM
About time I changed this

I think we should all just chill and go for a good ride... It really shows that we've been locked up all winter!

Is ideajones still making the covers??

post #32 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:43 PM
Teen Wolf

+1^ yeah i'd like to have a pair too

post #33 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooEasy View Post
I think we should all just chill and go for a good ride... It really shows that we've been locked up all winter!

Is ideajones still making the covers??
agreed. Too much bitching not enough riding. if you posted more than a few sentences in this topic you are a drama-queen. Got a gripe? Thats what PM's are for. done.

post #34 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshpit2003 View Post
agreed. Too much bitching not enough riding. if you posted more than a few sentences in this topic you are a drama-queen. Got a gripe? Thats what PM's are for. done.
I had to write more than a few sentences. My bike is tore to pieces, I have nothing better to do....

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #35 of 47 Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Discen

post #36 of 47 Old 04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
notsowisecracker

Quote:
I would have sold em for the postage just so somebody else could use em and still will.
I'll take them for postage.
PM me your PayPal address, and I'll get payment right out.

post #37 of 47 Old 04-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeywrench View Post
Based on a PM I received, he may not be back around here. Just so you know.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #38 of 47 Old 04-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Tirone

This is sad..

post #39 of 47 Old 04-28-2011, 04:22 AM
notsowisecracker

Edit

post #40 of 47 Old 04-28-2011, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeywrench View Post

You are more than welcome to em for the postage....you have a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode