919 Goodies Available - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 06-22-2007, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

919 Goodies Available

I have several items that I've purchased for my '02 919 and then didn't use and couldn't return. Can probably sell on eBay, but thought I'd see if anyone was interested here first. New to this forum, hope it's ok to offer things for sale to fellow 919ers, let me know if I'm violating some rule or etiquette.

Here's my list:

- Buell style windscreen, carbon fiber, by American SportBike, with Buell brackets and hardware. Mounted up for a few weeks and then decided that I liked the bike better naked.

- Fren Tubo carbon fiber brake lines, front and rear, complete with black banjo bolts and washers, new in package. Bought off eBay and then decided I liked the look of the Galfer SS smoke lines better instead.

- Flasher Unit for LED turnsignals, Clear Alternatives. Didn't need it for my taillight integrator and decided to stick with my stock t/s with smoked lenses instead of LEDs.

- License plate frame, carbon fiber, Lockhart Phillips, new in package. Didn't work with my fender eliminator since it had no provision for the plate light, used an LED lighted plate frame instead.

Yeah, yeah, I have an internet ordering addiction, that's what I do, buy tons of stuff and send back half of it. These items were non-returnable though, so if anyone is interested let me know, I'll take some pictures and make a good deal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

I also have the stock front and rear fenders from my '02 919, as well as the amber fr and rr turnsignal lenses, if any one has a need for such things.

post #3 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Do you have any pics of the Buell screen mounted on your bike? I'm wondering if this will clear a pair of Dominator headlights.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

The screen is at my office, probably won't have a chance to take a pic before Monday. Here's the link to the website where I bought it though so you can see what it looks like:

http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...w/PROD190.html

With shipping it cost $135 and the factory brackets and hardware from Buell were $48. I had the screen mounted for a couple of weeks but it still looks like new. I'd sell it with all the mounting hardware for $150, ship it to you for free. The hardware includes left and right headlight brackets, 4 allen head bolts, 4 nylon washers and 4 rubber well nuts. Easy to install, just have to take your headlight off and reinstall with the brackets in place.

The carbon fiber is nicely done, the only thing I'd say is that the screen is very thin, was afraid that it would flex a lot when I first looked at it, but carbon fiber is so stiff that it wasn't a problem at all. It did help keep the wind off my chest, doesn't offer a ton of protection but you could tell a difference, just decided that I liked the original naked look better.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

That link is dead but I found a Buell windscreen page on that site. Not sure which one you have though?

http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...ndscreens.html

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #6 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

Try this:

5352 - Carbon Fiber M-2 Twill Wind Screen

97-02 Wind screen, carbon fiber, twill, M-2, M-2L, ASB Exclusive.
Price:
$124.95
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Buell Windscreen.jpg (21.7 KB, 88 views)

post #7 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Thanks. I would need the Buell screen made for the XB12 or 12s that works with the dual lights. Thanks anyways!

2009 Honda Goldwing
post #8 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

I've seen a Japanese repro screen on eBay for the dual headlamp models, try searching Buell parts and see it it's still listed.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase

Will do - thanks!

2009 Honda Goldwing

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode