919 - '06 10 Months Out of the Crate - 1567 mi. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 02-28-2008, 07:15 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 919 - '06 10 Months Out of the Crate - 1567 mi.

We're moving to the country and I'm very sorry to see her go. Out of the 20 + bikes I've had this has been the most fun. But we need a tractor more than I need a street bike.

Heavily modded. Everything done right, clean, and neat. I like shiny, not black. Most mods are silver, chrome, or polished aluminum.

- Removed all non-essential junk - bike was purchased locally from a dealer with very bad service and turned out to be a California model with the evaporative emissions can. I removed the whole system up to the intake manifold (capping the ports, of course). Removed the PAIR system and installed custom block off plates. Removed the intake flapper valve and did a general tidying up of all components
- Leo Vince Titanium Exhaust System. This system replaces the restrictive stock collector. All pipes are stainless with titanium cans.
- Renthal Ultra-Low bars
- Renthal Bar Ends
- Rizoma Billet Grips
- Rizoma Billet LED signals front and rear
- Custom license plate bracket with LED plate illumination
- LED tail light bulbs
- Dual Headlights specially wired for low wattage running lights
- AFAM 17 t front sprocket - AFAM 44 t rear. 530 chain. Lower RPMS at freeway speed with plenty of grunt.
- Iridium Plugs - installed and spare set
- DynoJet USB - Not currently installed
- CBR throttle and start/kill switch - the throttle is actually made of aluminum and not plastic and really clamps to the bars. Brand new OEM parts.
- Very nice an unobtrusive small luggage rack that works with the OEM grab rail. Not currently installed.
- Grab rail and side cosmetic plates have been polished
- CRG Lane Splitter bar end mirrors. I pulled some strings and got a pair before they were anodized black. One has been polished and the other still in the box.
- Custom fabricated aluminum radar detector mount with protective cover and quick release. For use with Beltronics detectors. Also has a built in BlueTooth transmitter so you can actually hear the unit. I also have a custom in the helmet micro LED system for heads up display. Built for use with Scala Rider headset (not included).
- Electronic flasher. No resistors to get hot and the LED signals flash at a normal rate
- OEM optional centerstand. I'm old school and my bike has to have a centerstand. Modified for easy removal/installation and causes no clearance issues.
- Delrin sliders custom mounted to the frame and not the engine case like most. The bike has never seen the ground except for the tires.
- All the hardware used for the mods is stainless steel.
- Gas tank mount for GPS, camera, radar detector, etc. Easily removable.
- Custom radiator grill made by some fellow in Kansas. Fits perfectly.
- Billet oil cap.
- Other tweaks and stuff I've probably overlooked.

Spares not mounted on the bike:
- Brand new set of Pirelli Diablo tires. Unmounted. Got a good deal and couldn't pass it up.
- Spare swing arm - It's like new and I bought it to polish, never got around to it.
- Spare pivot plates - bought them to polish. Didn't get around to it!
- Spare rear cowl - painted silver, minor scratch. Purchased to have metallized and, again, never got around to it. I still think it would look sharp to stick and old style chrome front fender on it, the metallized cowl, chrome the tank and add some black rubber pads on the side to make a 21st century version of the Honda Dream series.
- Staintune collector (Y-Pipe), baffelectomized factory cans that fit the Staintune collector. Set of brand new Scorpion stainless cans that I bought from some jerk on this forum that improperly packed them and one is slightly dinged. Paid $30 to have it re-polished. Cans include modified connectors to fit the Staintune collector but I opted with the better Leo Vince setup. Miscellaneous brackets, bolts, and bits.

I'm seriously upside down financially on this bike especially with all the goodies. But hey, I'm realistic. I'd like to get $7.2K out of it.

Some poorly lit indoor flash pics here:
919 Pics

I will post some better outdoor pics soon. Very tiny nick (pin head size) on the tank but otherwise it looks pretty darn new.

Located in Denver, Colorado. Cannot deliver, sorry.

PM me if interested.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 PM
When in doubt.....GAS IT!

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Aren't you the "world class" mechanic who threw a hissy fit last july because he couldn't get his bike to run right ?

post #3 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 05:01 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasbeenracer View Post
Aren't you the "world class" mechanic who threw a hissy fit last july because he couldn't get his bike to run right ?
I really dislike derailing classified posts but this guy has some nerve. He trash talked one of the most respected members of WT last Summer, called him out over a Power Commander debate, and then got trashed by the rest of the board. "Have fun, I'm gone", I believe were the last words spoken.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 05:44 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
I really dislike derailing classified posts but this guy has some nerve. He trash talked one of the most respected members of WT last Summer, called him out over a Power Commander debate, and then got trashed by the rest of the board. "Have fun, I'm gone", I believe were the last words spoken.
Wow Ken you have a memory like an elephant! Yeah, that wasn't cool! Folks must be respectful of all Members taking an initiative to help. I've been helped so much by this community of rocket scientists, it completely transformed my riding pleasure.

>- DynoJet USB - Not currently installed

Wonder who won the debate?

Always sorry to see an upside down bike on the auction block. Country roads are great on a nice bike.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 07:41 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Well, I had to go back and inspect some threads to see what all the hulabaloo was about and fer sher...............looks like you are pretty much ass-slammed around here, sylas. Nobody gonna buy your frustration-cycle. I guess people will always remember when you "Fart in their face and call it a breath of fresh air"©

In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.
General George S. Patton
post #6 of 6 Old 02-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
Well, I had to go back and inspct some threads to see what all the hulabaloo was about and fer sher...............looks like you are pretty much ass-slammed around here, sylas. Nobody gonna buy your frustration-cycle. I guess people will always remember when you "Fart in their face and call it a breath of fresh air"©
+1 Bigdaa, you are so VERY funny today! Thanks I needed that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode