2006 Kawasaki Concours in western Ky - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 14 Old 04-15-2009, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

2006 Kawasaki Concours in western Ky

I purchased this motorcycle new in Feb. 2006. I purchased a 3 years extended warranty from Kawasaki at the time of purchase so it will be covered until Feb. 2012. The current milage is 19,286. This motorcycle was broke in properly and adult riden, always stored inside unless on an overnight ride and is in super condition. It has a recent valve adjustment and is ready to ride. There have been no permanent changes to the motorcycle, I have only added some aftermarket items to improve the comfort or maintenance. These items include a Corbin Dual Canyon seat(purchased new and now nicely broke in), a Riflle tall windshield windshield for cold weather and a black Clearview short shield for warm weather(pictured), KB bar risers to raise the handlebars, a Spiegler stainless steel clutch line, a manual petcock shut off, fuel filter, and a front fender extender to keep the road grime off.

This motorcycle has no issues and will make someone a wonderful machine. I have used synthetic motorcycle oil since changing the break-in oil. There have been no service problems with this motorcycle, just ruitine maintenance. I have maintenance records on hand. The front and rear tire Avon radials have about 30% tread left. I have a new front Avon Storm on hand and is include in purchase. Call my cell @ 270-314-4766 or email if you need more details. Location is Owensboro, Ky. $5,900
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this picture for sale.jpg (277.4 KB, 35 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

post #3 of 14 Old 04-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

That's a ZX11 with hard packs! I criss-crossed the country on it. Good luck with your sale.

post #4 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 04:12 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
why ya sellin it??
I'm selling because I purchased a zrx1200r and a Triumph Trophy and I'm just not getting enough ride time on the Concours to justify keeping it. I like'em all but so times you just have to let one go.

post #5 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 04:15 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
That's a ZX11 with hard packs! I criss-crossed the country on it. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks Dream. I hope one year to cross the country on a motorcycle.

post #6 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Good luck selling it. Let's hit 66 next weekend if the weather is right. I've got a hankerin' for a melt at The Dock.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #7 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmurphy84 View Post
Good luck selling it. Let's hit 66 next weekend if the weather is right. I've got a hankerin' for a melt at The Dock.
For all of you not familiar with Owensboro and Evansville lingo.

hankerin' for a melt at The Dock = we are going cubby chasing

Good luck with the sale. That bike is a tank and reliable!

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #8 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 06:23 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

wish i had the cash, id buy her, looks great

post #9 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambike View Post
Thanks Dream. I hope one year to cross the country on a motorcycle.
When i got bored in kansas and arizona that bike loved cruising at warp speed. Its extra weight meant wind was not a factor, even barely survived 60MPH cross-winds, so in twisties you must setup turns early. Someone is going to be lucky to pick it up...

Good luck on your pending cross country trip! My tip is don't wait for procrastinating buds, do it alone ASAP.

post #10 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
When i got bored in kansas and arizona that bike loved cruising at warp speed. Its extra weight meant wind was not a factor, even barely survived 60MPH cross-winds, so in twisties you must setup turns early. Someone is going to be lucky to pick it up...

Good luck on your pending cross country trip! My tip is don't wait for procrastinating buds, do it alone ASAP.
Good luck on the sale.The bike looks nice.

Dream,I tell everyone that same tip.After 9/11 when the planes started flying I went to Europe for a month.I went to many country's and people were surprised I did that alone.I had the time of my life !

I tell people you can die waiting,and that's how I live to this day..Just go.

post #11 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Good luck on the sale.The bike looks nice.

Dream,I tell everyone that same tip.After 9/11 when the planes started flying I went to Europe for a month.I went to many country's and people were surprised I did that alone.I had the time of my life !

I tell people you can die waiting,and that's how I live to this day..Just go.
You guys are right. I might even find somewhere out west that I want to stay for a day or so. I would hate to miss something when the opportunities are so few.

post #12 of 14 Old 04-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Imaginifer

When I go out with my friends I tend to talk with them and when I go out by myself I meet lots of people I wouldn't have if I were with my friends.
In short it forces you to say hello to people which leads to more friends..

When you are back home after your trip you will have friends in almost every state.
Then we can visit you !!

Seriously it's not often when if you have the time off and you can put together the cash to do what you have planed

You do have the cash ?? If your getting low take that connie and leave it here and I will cover your plane ticket back and enough extra for another trip. :-)

post #13 of 14 Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
When I go out with my friends I tend to talk with them and when I go out by myself I meet lots of people I wouldn't have if I were with my friends.
In short it forces you to say hello to people which leads to more friends..

When you are back home after your trip you will have friends in almost every state.
Then we can visit you !!

Seriously it's not often when if you have the time off and you can put together the cash to do what you have planed

You do have the cash ?? If your getting low take that connie and leave it here and I will cover your plane ticket back and enough extra for another trip. :-)
I have the money. I usually travel with a tent to keep the cost down and most likely meet a few new people around the campgrounds. When I finally compile all of the must sees and dos out west, I should be going in the next three years.

post #14 of 14 Old 04-19-2009, 07:15 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

That's a nice looking bike and the price seems more than fair, shouldn't have much trouble selling. Good luck!

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode