Site laggy? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 10:07 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Site laggy?

WT has been really slow this afternoon, and I've noticed it's not as snappy as normal lately. I'm not seeing performance degradation on other sites so I don't think it's me (?)

The query time isn't in the footer any longer so it's tough to tell if it's a database problem. Are the search engine robots taking over again maybe?

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

S L O W .

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

F A S T!

post #4 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 

I've had a bunch of timeouts in the last hour or so...

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

yeah, server was serving the drama. I smacked it.

post #6 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
yeah, server was serving the drama. I smacked it.
Reminds me of the old TV's with tubes, remember them? When the picture went out all you had to do was whack the side of the cabinet with the palm of your hand.

post #7 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMike View Post
Reminds me of the old TV's with tubes, remember them? When the picture went out all you had to do was whack the side of the cabinet with the palm of your hand.
Oh man did that remind me of something.

My freshman year of college I moved into an apartment. My folks decided the 19" TV they had would make a good apartment-warming gift so they gave it to me. Piece of crap.

It always managed to go out during Monday Night Football. You had to whack the side, just like you said. The only problem was it was across the room.

WTH, I'm in mechanical engineering, I can figure this out. Got a long painters stick, wrapped a towel around the end. Kept it behind the couch. TV act up, out comes pole and smack it. Good as new.

I minored in electrical engineering. One of the guys I was in some classes with had "extensive electronic expertise". He decided he'd come over one night and check it. Took the back off, starting poking around, and I swear I saw the X-ray of his bones on the wall. He got juiced in more ways than one. Good thing he was drunk.

Funny thing was, whatever he did to almost kill himself fixed it. I kept the stick handy just in case though.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #8 of 8 Old 04-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Oh man did that remind me of something.

My freshman year of college I moved into an apartment. My folks decided the 19" TV they had would make a good apartment-warming gift so they gave it to me. Piece of crap.

It always managed to go out during Monday Night Football. You had to whack the side, just like you said. The only problem was it was across the room.

WTH, I'm in mechanical engineering, I can figure this out. Got a long painters stick, wrapped a towel around the end. Kept it behind the couch. TV act up, out comes pole and smack it. Good as new.

I minored in electrical engineering. One of the guys I was in some classes with had "extensive electronic expertise". He decided he'd come over one night and check it. Took the back off, starting poking around, and I swear I saw the X-ray of his bones on the wall. He got juiced in more ways than one. Good thing he was drunk.

Funny thing was, whatever he did to almost kill himself fixed it. I kept the stick handy just in case though.
LMAO... That was so funny

You had the early prototype remote. I can relate to those old TV's. If you were not careful they could send you across the room.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode