Please increase thread replies visibility? - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Please increase thread replies visibility?

It used to be obvious with a colored icon when new comments were added to a contributed thread. Am I now color blind? Without this feature many threads will shrivel up to tumbleweeds and roll away.

dream is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
McCrimmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 3,726
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I've noticed it's kinda challenging to keep up with the new threads and new replies as well


2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
McCrimmon is offline  
post #3 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member
 
Pacojerte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: ft lauderdale fl
Posts: 12,874
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCrimmon View Post
I've noticed it's kinda challenging to keep up with the new threads and new replies as well
wow... that makes you double challenged....



Pacojerte is offline  
 
post #4 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 12:12 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
sugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,843
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I miss the colored icon as well, but I think that the thread title now is bold if there are new posts to be read.

Actually, I just noticed the little new posts button is gone on threads I've just read as well.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

sugs is offline  
post #5 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 12:35 PM
orange
 
sbeau1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 9,193
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Yeah, still getting used to the black and white format myself, a bit harder for these aging eyes to read at a glance.

sbeau1960 is offline  
post #6 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
Discen
 
Lash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 239
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
I will add some color to the icon to make it more noticeable.

Follow Wrist Twisters on Facebook and Twitter
Lash is offline  
post #7 of 10 Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Discen
 
Lash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 239
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Ok, I changed the threads with a colored icon if there is a new post since you last were on the site. Now the icon looks like this

And if you want to see which threads you have already posted in, you need to set your Subcribe options from within your Edit your Details page. On that page you will see an option called Automatic Thread Subscription Mode and you need to set it to Subscribe with no notification and then a Subscribe icon is displayed on every thread you've previously posted in.

Follow Wrist Twisters on Facebook and Twitter
Lash is offline  
post #8 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
Ok, I changed the threads with a colored icon if there is a new post since you last were on the site. Now the icon looks like this

And if you want to see which threads you have already posted in, you need to set your Subcribe options from within your Edit your Details page. On that page you will see an option called Automatic Thread Subscription Mode and you need to set it to Subscribe with no notification and then a Subscribe icon is displayed on every thread you've previously posted in.
I could not find the Auto Thread Subscription Mode switch setting (could require an admin level or a higher IQ?). Then today I noticed it works automagically with a checkbox visible in the thread header. Now I can monitor subscriptions on the left settings column for folks updates to those I've contributed. Great job Lash!

dream is offline  
post #9 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 12:54 PM
Discen
 
Lash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Portland
Posts: 239
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
I could not find the Auto Thread Subscription Mode switch setting (could require an admin level or a higher IQ?). Then today I noticed it works automagically with a checkbox visible in the thread header. Now I can monitor subscriptions on the left settings column for folks updates to those I've contributed. Great job Lash!
The setting is in there, I may need to do a few screenshots. You are seeing it because I manually turned it on for you. If anyone else doesnt see it, let me know until I get a chance to do some screenshot walkthroughs.

Follow Wrist Twisters on Facebook and Twitter
Lash is offline  
post #10 of 10 Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 7,109
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lash View Post
The setting is in there, I may need to do a few screenshots. You are seeing it because I manually turned it on for you. If anyone else doesnt see it, let me know until I get a chance to do some screenshot walkthroughs.

Ah that explains it, how Mr. Wizard saved me!
Please will someone else ask for a config screen shot because ofcourse I know how to do it...

dream is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome