Dear Oh Great Adminstrator - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 32 Old 01-10-2015, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Dear Oh Great Adminstrator

Attached Images
File Type: png DEARADMIN.png (20.2 KB, 39 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-10-2015, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

post #3 of 32 Old 01-10-2015, 06:15 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

It used to be twenty minutes. Be glad you get forty.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel

post #4 of 32 Old 01-10-2015, 06:28 PM
Riding Naked All The Time

Agree!!! What is the reason for locking them down? Makes managing classified ads difficult.

2004 919 Uranium

post #5 of 32 Old 01-10-2015, 08:27 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

"To maintain the integrity of the original post". I.e. When you say stupid stuff and people call you on it you can't go back and change what you said. It changes the entire tone of the thread.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #6 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 02:09 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
"To maintain the integrity of the original post". I.e. When you say stupid stuff and people call you on it you can't go back and change what you said. It changes the entire tone of the thread.
This. We moderators don't mind changing what needs to be changed. Just request it. We read every post so eventually one of us gets around to it.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #7 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

As many of you have made clear, you do not want me on this forum. No need to beat that dead horse any more. Too many pricks empowered to be mods here, imho.

Too few good ones, you good few, not sure why or how you tolerate it.

I have asked to have my name and posts deleted, but was told this is not possible.

My goal is to manually remove my posts, as I do not want anything I have posted to benefit a forum that can not relate with me. Basically I revoke any and all rights for this forum to use my contributions, and it is time we seperate ourselves as nicely ad possible.

Let's just make this happen and then we can ride away.

post #8 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
It used to be twenty minutes. Be glad you get forty.
I asked for Admin, not a snide comnent from a mod that is a huge part of the problem here.

Your arrogance is one reason I do not want to be a part of this forum.

Congratulations, you win!

post #9 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 03:59 AM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
This. We moderators don't mind changing what needs to be changed. Just request it. We read every post so eventually one of us gets around to it.
You have also changed them on your own, whoever gave you and a couple of others moderation authority made a mistake.

I want all of my posts removed, or I want the ability to do it -

Or I expect compensation for my intellectual property.

Simple, no reason to drag it out, make it happen.

post #10 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 05:27 AM
Gran Tirono

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

LOL, this is like that post on facebook that people keep on copying that tells everyone they are copyrighting everything they put up so facebook can't use it. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way. Besides, thanks to things like the internet archive, I'm pretty sure most of the things you've
said will live on, regardless of whether they're hosted on this site or not.

Also, if you're not coming back why care about what you left on some forum you no longer frequent? You did after all post the article about not giving a fuck (Which was awesome by the way). I'm pretty sure that if you asked yourself if this was a situation in which you really needed to give a fuck, the answer would be "No".

post #11 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 05:44 AM
Tirone

Hey Steve, I'm new here and we've exchanged a couple of PMs. Give me a call or text if you can. I've got a site that needs you. eightonesixfivethreesixfourzeroseventhree

post #12 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 09:10 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Steve,
You have been banned due to your own actions and unwillingness to adhere to this sites rules. To keep the integrity of this site we only delete posts that have name calling and foul language in them. Many of which your posts do.

I thought the last ban was it so I was quite surprised that you are back on here again kicking the hornets nest. You should leave well enough alone and take the hint. This site and you do not mesh and you can leave on your own at any time or we can ban you for life via your IP address. The choice is now yours. You have many options out side of this forum, but from what I have read you have been banned from other sites as well. Maybe you should think about starting your own forum.

As far as moderation and moderators on the site go, we are very fair and very laid back. We are comprised of senior members and one of the original founders. I being the most junior of them feel very privileged to be a member and value their input greatly. Most of the time we choose not to take action and let things play out on their own as we know this is the internet where everyone is offended by everything. Only after lengthy discussions do we decide to take any action. The action of banning a member is not taken lightly as we like to remain a close community of 919/Hornet/motorcycle owners as possible. EVERYONE'S input is valuable in this community but when one continues to act outside the bounds of what makes this community so great then serious actions need to be taken.

If any member has any concerns about this site you can talk to us moderators first and then the site admins if you don't feel your concerns have been properly met. The site is ran by motorcycle.com now so getting in touch with an admin can be a lengthy process.

Have a great day and a great ride (If you get to ride this time of year!)

post #13 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 09:59 AM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I love a good internet meltdown!
I am on probably a dozen forums, I didn't even know this place had moderators.
Quote:

post #14 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Batman

Stating facts is not an act of intellectual property. Intellectual property is work or invention that is the result of creativity, such as a manuscript or a design, to which one has rights and for which one may apply for a patent, copyright, trademark, etc.

So, unless you file and prove for said things, they are considered free domain since this is an open access to anyone (not excluding unless laws prohibit). If your serious about it, grab your funds fight for patents. You'll have to prove in court that YOU were the first one to state such things that merit it intellectual...let alone your property.

Thats what I know about that topic.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #15 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 03:42 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I asked for Admin, not a snide comnent from a mod that is a huge part of the problem here.

Your arrogance is one reason I do not want to be a part of this forum.

Congratulations, you win!
You are the first to notice then, as I've yet to receive a complaint. I'm sure I've irked some folks, haven't we all, but I don't resort to breaking the rules that I agreed to when I signed up on this forum.

It was never a competition with you, I have no idea where you ever got that from.

Snide, yes. I agree. I'm honestly tired of dealing with you. I'm beyond cordiality at this point.

Quote:
You have also changed them on your own, whoever gave you and a couple of others moderation authority made a mistake.

I want all of my posts removed, or I want the ability to do it -

Simple, no reason to drag it out, make it happen.
Here are the forum rules, which are presented to you when you register:
"Forum Rules

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.

Although the administrators and moderators of Wrist Twisters will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Wrist Twisters, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Wrist Twisters reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

As moderators, we've been tasked with that right to remove any content that is of ill-taste. Regardless of who posted it. And yes, I do edit some posts, even those of other moderators, when it was done in an understanding and joking matter, and only of those with whom I have excellent friendship on this forum. NEVER have I edited a post for my own personal gain or to save face on something as childish as a topic like this.

And I fully understand why you are lashing out at me, Steve. I'm the one that pressed the button on your last ban. But what you don't know is that all the moderators had a very frank discussion on here about your recent (and past) behavior and the action taken was a consensus. Does it make you feel any better knowing we have entire threads dedicated on how to deal with you? If you really want it to be public, then so be it; you cause more harm than good.

So if you are done here, then just walk away. It's always been your choice to come back on condition you follow the rules, and it was explained very clearly to you what happens when you don't. The only piece of advice I can offer is this: If you've been banned from other forums just as you have from here, why do you keep falling back on excuses and just let it happen? Figure out what needs to change and change it. Then we (and other forums) could continue to benefit from the great knowledge you have.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #16 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 03:44 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1nine View Post
I love a good internet meltdown!
I am on probably a dozen forums, I didn't even know this place had moderators.
That's a good indication that they do their job well.

(btw, moderator's names are in bold throughout the site, if you ever need to reach one).

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #17 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 04:23 PM
TEXAN

As of right now, Steve has 1337 posts. First of all, lol at 1337 (that's all, nothing implied, I just think it's funny.)

Secondly, 1337 is a lot of posts!

Speaking as not a mod or admin, in fact speaking as a nobody around here, I'm sorry this site is not working out the way you would like, Steve, after more than 4 years worth of posts.

post #18 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

All I want to do is remove my posts.

Anyone reading the above comments would have no reason to question why.

Not the kind of people I'd like to be associated with, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Why you want to keep them is beyond me....

I do want to thank those of you that confirmed what I already knew.

Have a great week
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FickleFinger.jpg (114.9 KB, 35 views)

post #19 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 05:58 PM
dazed and confused

I pretty much do my best to stay out of threads like this, but on this one I feel like I should jump in. Steve, while you have contributed some valid, useful information, you're posts on a whole are often snide, rude, disrespectful, and plain annoying. Hell, even the useful tidbits are often buried in posts that seem to be more about you hearing yourself talk than actually attempting to help.
Yes, I acknowledge that I am a very junior member here and you've been around a while, but doesn't that actually emphasize my point? Within just a couple months on here I had already learned just to scroll past your posts.

What amazes me most is that you almost seem surprised that opinion has turned against you. It's as if you feel that you have the ultimate right to be an ass but somehow it's our fault for taking offense. You have been kicked from other forums (as well as this one, and even brag about it) but you make no effort to change the behavior that caused the ban. Then somehow you are surprised/pissed that it happened again.

At this point I can't help but think of Einstein's definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Try it again Steve, maybe it'll work next time.
post #20 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 06:14 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
All I want to do is remove my posts.

Anyone reading the above comments would have no reason to question why.

Not the kind of people I'd like to be associated with, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

Why you want to keep them is beyond me....

I do want to thank those of you that confirmed what I already knew.

Have a great week
I'm going to go copy all of Steve's old posts just in case I ever feel the need to reference one...except for this one. I don't think I need this one.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #21 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 PM
dazed and confused

And as far as removing your posts; it doesn't work like that. You can't edit things you've said in real life, why should you be able to here? Why not? Accountability.

Let's say that the mods, for God knows what reason, let you delete your posts. What would stop you from hopping back onto this forum or even another and smearing anybody you don't like over here? Keeping your posts helps establish what kind of person you are and helps protect those you set out to harm. Want to change your image? Great, do it the honest way and actually work on how you treat others.
post #22 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 06:38 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

I'm not an admin or a mod so I can't help you with this request of yours.
I'm just wondering about one thing though..... Are you asking mods to delete your posts only under "Steve" nickname or also under other nicknames you were previously banned over the years on this forum?

post #23 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

It is almost hilarious watching some of you make even bigger assholes of yourselves than you already were!

Thanks again for proving my point!

And blaming me is even funnier, all I wanted to do was remove my posts -

You're not worthy!

And a thanks to those that have not made fools of themselves here.

post #24 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Also, thanks for the demonstation of moderation bias at its finest.

Allowing the personal attacks to continue is a class act.

You must make the owners of motorcycle.com proud....

post #25 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 09:31 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote:
It is almost hilarious watching some of you make even bigger assholes of yourselves than you already were!

Quote:
Thanks again for proving my point!
You took the words right out of my mouth.

2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #26 of 32 Old 01-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Milites Gregarius

I just come here to check out 919 stuff. I post a ton of stuff on another cycle site . Why would you want all your stuff removed if you posted them?

That "intellectual property stuff" made me smile. Total BS but funny. I guess you can always talk to yourself? I don't think I've ever had an issue here with the moderators?

post #27 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

I just come here to check out 919 stuff. I post a ton of stuff on another cycle site . Why would you want all your stuff removed if you posted them?

That "intellectual property stuff" made me smile. Total BS but funny. I guess you can always talk to yourself? I don't think I've ever had an issue here with the moderators?
Since a little before the turn of the century, I have been involved in web forums.

There seems to be some consistancy in how they evolve.

This one has become too much of a " for profit" forum, and that is fine.

The main issue, and all too common, a small clique rises to power and they dictate the demeanor of the forum. What was once a nice place with a wide variety of membership and discussion becomes, well, a snotty club of snobbery people.

Usually a core of 4-8 consistants with a glimmer of hope from time to time, a light at the end of the tunnel.

That light, for me, it has been snuffed out.

My pictures, I have deleted those I had attached here. Why allow people I can no longer relate with, or that disrespect me, continue to use them, especially for profit?

The same applies to written contributions.

The remaining pictures I have here, I wanted to edit my posts to remove them.

I can pull them from this forum another way, I did not want to do that, I nicely asked, look what that got me!

Why, why they want to keep them, or my posts, has yet to be explained to me in a rational manner.

If they want to keep the minority of my posts, the ones that may not be as constructive as the majority, well, that would be how they roll.

I wanted to nicely clean up what is mine and move on, the pricks in charge did not allow this, and have made a very dramatic big deal about it, as shown.

These people are not motorcyclist as I know them, nor are they they type of people I want to ride with, hang out with, or allow to profit from my posts.

The "cool" people that used to be here are long gone. There are a few left, and newbies with like mentalities will not waste much time here.

And that is OK, there are countless other forums.

When the idiots start repeating what I said, they admit basically they lost, they are wrong.

As mentioned by me first, read their comments above (unless the edit them, they can, we can't, they call it fair, I call it B-S).

Read their conments, see their true colors, and if you really have to ask me why I want to pull my content, I'll never be able to explain it to you.

Someday the light will go off and you'll know I'm right.

You probably already do.....

All I want to do is edit/remove my posts, simple.

Look what they turned that into.

Not me, THEM.

Have a great week

post #28 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 05:14 AM
Gran Tirono

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

So, how are you going to get your posts off the site if the mods won't delete them?

post #29 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Honda919Rider #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asraiil View Post
So, how are you going to get your posts off the site if the mods won't delete them?
I can not remove the posts, but I can blow away the pictures I've cross linked.

Thank you for asking

post #30 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 08:23 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

Steve don't go!

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #31 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Cornicen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapedLabRat View Post
I pretty much do my best to stay out of threads like this, but on this one I feel like I should jump in. Steve, while you have contributed some valid, useful information, you're posts on a whole are often snide, rude, disrespectful, and plain annoying. Hell, even the useful tidbits are often buried in posts that seem to be more about you hearing yourself talk than actually attempting to help.
Yes, I acknowledge that I am a very junior member here and you've been around a while, but doesn't that actually emphasize my point? Within just a couple months on here I had already learned just to scroll past your posts.

What amazes me most is that you almost seem surprised that opinion has turned against you. It's as if you feel that you have the ultimate right to be an ass but somehow it's our fault for taking offense. You have been kicked from other forums (as well as this one, and even brag about it) but you make no effort to change the behavior that caused the ban. Then somehow you are surprised/pissed that it happened again.

At this point I can't help but think of Einstein's definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Try it again Steve, maybe it'll work next time.
+ 1000

Bikes:
2004 V-Rod (sold)
2004 CBR600F4i (sold)
2003 RC51
2010 Triump Scrambler (sold)
2003 CB900F
2004 CBR 600rr

Non Bikes:
2007 JK Sahara
2005 CTS V (sold)
2006 Audi S4
post #32 of 32 Old 01-12-2015, 09:59 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

This thread is now closed and Steve has been banned.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode