post #1 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Community Moderator

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Tapatalk App Support Not Available

HiEveryone,

Moving forward, Tapatalk will no longer be available on wristtwisters.com. Motorcycle.com has made available for your download the Motorcycle.com App, available to Apple and Android Phones and Tablets. It’s available as a free or paid version. You can find it by searching “Motorcycle.com” in the app store or by clicking here: Free Motorcycle Mobile App - Apple & Android

The functionality of the free vs. paid app is the same; however, the major difference between the two is the presence of the advertisements, or absence thereof, respectively.

For users who access the forum using a mobile browser, you will not be prompted to download the app every time you access the forum. The prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
CG - Community Support

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 06:41 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Very sad to hear this

Dan
post #3 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM
Aquilifer

This is just an idea but how about just remove the feature that tells me to use the app when I surf to the site on a smart phone? I know there is an app and it's fine to let someone know on the first page but I get tired of it popping up the message every time I open a link while surfing on my phone....

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom

post #4 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 10:52 AM
just send it.

Garage
Lame. Why take away the functionality from Tapatalk and force me to use a specific app to access this forum? The whole appeal of Tapatalk is ONE app to access all my favorite forums. If I have to maintain a separate app for each forum I visit, I may as well just use my phone's web browser.

[This space for rent]
post #5 of 6 Old 06-13-2013, 02:26 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Also, there is a glitch with the MC.com app. If you enter the app through notifications, it doesn't let you get back to the main menu. Just closes after you hit the back arrow. So if you wanted to continue reading, you have to re-launch the app. PITA.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #6 of 6 Old 06-18-2013, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Community Moderator

Garage

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
This is just an idea but how about just remove the feature that tells me to use the app when I surf to the site on a smart phone? I know there is an app and it's fine to let someone know on the first page but I get tired of it popping up the message every time I open a link while surfing on my phone....
Hi there, that prompt is cookie-based and will only happen once every 30 days, unless you delete all the cookies off your mobile device or use the browser’s incognito mode.

Also, we have a fix/update in place, we are just waiting on the apple store and play store to approve the new version.

Thanks,
CG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode