What the heck is this thing? (TWSS) - Wrist Twisters
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By bartsitarski
  • 1 Post By bartsitarski
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-14-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Unpossible.
 
Supernintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
What the heck is this thing? (TWSS)

I pulled out the air cleaner to blow it and vacuum it out, and this little oval rubber grommet was just sitting in there, literally just resting on the paper filter on the inside of the air cleaner. I picked it up but could not locate any area in the air cleaner intake housing, or in the cavity inside the bike, that seemed to be missing a grommet.

This is from my '07 919. Pics attached. Any ideas?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0524.jpg (109.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0525.jpg (64.3 KB, 16 views)

Supernintendo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 Old 12-14-2016, 07:46 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernintendo View Post
I pulled out the air cleaner to blow it and vacuum it out, and this little oval rubber grommet was just sitting in there, literally just resting on the paper filter on the inside of the air cleaner. I picked it up but could not locate any area in the air cleaner intake housing, or in the cavity inside the bike, that seemed to be missing a grommet.

This is from my '07 919. Pics attached. Any ideas?
Looks like the grommet that holds the side cover in place. The cover is held by that on the top right corner and a screw on the bottom left. The top left rests against the tank and is held in place by the seat.
jrj and rpcraft like this.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
bartsitarski is offline  
post #3 of 7 Old 12-14-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Unpossible.
 
Supernintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
Looks like the grommet that holds the side cover in place. The cover is held by that on the top right corner and a screw on the bottom left. The top left rests against the tank and is held in place by the seat.
Yeah that's exactly what it is - d'oh. Obvious now that I look it again. Just threw me off that it was sitting INSIDE the air cleaner. Previous owner I guess...

Mods can we delete this post so my stupid question doesn't persist into perpetuity?

Supernintendo is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 Old 12-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Optio
 
bartsitarski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Posts: 890
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernintendo View Post
Yeah that's exactly what it is - d'oh. Obvious now that I look it again. Just threw me off that it was sitting INSIDE the air cleaner. Previous owner I guess...

Mods can we delete this post so my stupid question doesn't persist into perpetuity?
Sometimes we have a Super Mario Brothers, sometimes we have a Power Glove when it comes to questions. It's all good. If you're not sure, better to ask on here and let people weigh in than to find out the hard way down the road. This is a good community, unless you happen to have the BEST green 919 in the world. (search that one)

Use the search function, if you don't find it, ask away. This forum helped me a TON over the last few years. Saved me thousands and gave me confidence.
HeliMech likes this.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
-Michael Jordan
bartsitarski is offline  
post #5 of 7 Old 12-15-2016, 08:20 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"
 
Bigdaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Goleta, California
Posts: 17,126
Rep Power: 1
 
That's a nice looking grommet.

In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.
General George S. Patton
Bigdaa is offline  
post #6 of 7 Old 12-15-2016, 08:41 AM
Discen
 
Avispao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Oviedo, Spain
Posts: 231
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartsitarski View Post
Looks like the grommet that suppossedly holds the side cover in place.
Mine's are always out of place, specially the left side's.

ROUNDED HEADLIGHTS LIBERATION FRONT

...
aaaa
.. a ^aa
^aaaaa
aa ^aaa avispaoencarretera.blogspot.com.es

Avispao is offline  
post #7 of 7 Old 12-15-2016, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Unpossible.
 
Supernintendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 109
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avispao View Post
Mine's are always out of place, specially the left side's.
What I think happened was that at some point I removed that left side panel, and the tab snagged the grommet on its way out of the hole, then dropped into the air intake as I removed the panel. Next start of the engine sucked it right down into the air cleaner, and that's where it stayed until last night.

Supernintendo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome