Join Date: May 2014
Location: Hoffman Estates, IL (Chicagoland)
Rep Power: 1
Triple Powder Coat Questions + Bones Question
Hey guys. I have searched and searched but here I am asking some basic questions. I am going to get my fork lowers and triple powder coated. I know I have to take apart the fork completely (just got a 2004+ fork set that I am going to drop my Racetech springs into) and I might as well rebuild everything while I am in there. My questions are specific to the triple.
1) Is it just as simple as undoing the bolts and sliding off the bearings?
2) Bearings: Do the have to be pressed in? Is it just a matter of repacking them with grease and calling it a day?
3) What is the best way to support the bike? When doing a fork service last winter, I used a homemade "rack" to strap the bars to. Now that the bars are gone, what can I strap to support the bike?
4) Torque specs... I have them for all the fork hardware, but, what is the spec for the stem nut?
5) What is the best way to preserve a rotor after cleaning it for long term storage?
Thanks in advance!
Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.