I did my 3rd rear tire change this morning. Put on another Pirelli Diablo Strada. Seems to get a little easier everytime. Snapped a few pics along the way.
A few tools laid out. Valve stem tool, tire irons, rim protectors made from large yogurt containers, torque wrench and sockets for the rear axle, and a 19X19 box that I built to keep the underside (rotors) from damage.
Sprocket and bumpers removed
My ghetto bead breaker (under the deck)
First bead over the rim using tire irons and rim protectors, the second one is easy.
New tire ready to go on. The first bead goes right over with a little lube. I used pledge furniture polish to lubricate the beads on the tire.
First bead on
Second bead on. This one takes a lil more effort
Tire inflated and on my homemade balancer. Made from a couple of jackstands, bearings, and an aluminum rod.
Cleaned the chain with mineral spirits and the inside of the swingarm that gets all gunked up with chain lube and dirt
Mounted up chain adjusted, torqued and ready to roll
Took me bout an hour and half, but I like working on my own bike.