Sato passenger pegs - how to let them down? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Sato passenger pegs - how to let them down?

I'm stumped by passenger pegs!

Never rode anyone on the 919 before, my nephew wants to ride with me, and I can't figure out how to get the pegs down. I pulled, twisted, tried to take them apart, got nowhere. Went to Sato's website, there are no instructions and no parts diagram.

There's small holes on each side of the bracket/joint, so i stick a small alen wrench in it, can tell there's a spring doing something, but was able to accomplish nothing. Took the joint bolt out, the peg won't come off, looks like a sleeve in the joint and I didn't want to drive it out, so I left it alone.

I know this has got to be simple, so someone clue me in.

Thanks!
Clueless

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 12:39 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

It's probably stuck in place is all. There is a ball and detent that retain them in place. All you do is fold them down. You might try and pull the peg away while you rotate it. I say throw some aerokroil at it. PB blaster if you want it to laugh at you. WD40 if you want me to laugh at you.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #3 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks, They've never been used before, I just didn't want to start pulling and banging on them till I understood how they work.

post #4 of 7 Old 07-28-2012, 09:30 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Probably easier to get them off mounted. You selling the passenger pegs? Here comes the vultures...

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #5 of 7 Old 07-29-2012, 05:37 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

They aren't for sale, I finally need them.

post #6 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 01:14 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

There is no detent system. I worked on my today to get the left side to stay in the 'not in use position.' There is a bolt/nut that the peg pivots on, this also provides the friction to hold them in place. If your peg isn't moving, remove the nut and back the bolt out (it's a locking nut, that does not provide the tension.) Pull the peg off, lube it up, reassemble. Leave the nut off while you assemble it. Tighten the bolt down to where the peg starts to 'catch' as it gets to the closed position. Install the nut and fine tune to your liking.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #7 of 7 Old 08-06-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I tried to dissassemble them, but couldn't get them off, but I was in a hurry. I haven't had time to work on them since. Maybe try again tonight.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode