Ride report on the K&N in a bone stock bike. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 05-04-2018, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Ride report on the K&N in a bone stock bike.

Got to take out the bike today for a few short rides. Right now there is no cover at all, just K&N in the hole.

She worked awesome. She actually seems better all the way around. It wasn't a very long ride, but enough to tell if there would be a difference.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-04-2018, 06:08 PM
919 Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Got to take out the bike today for a few short rides. Right now there is no cover at all, just K&N in the hole.

She worked awesome. She actually seems better all the way around. It wasn't a very long ride, but enough to tell if there would be a difference.
Could you tell if there was a difference in engine temp. Like did it take longer to get up to temp? I found running my intake mod, so no snorkel, that the bike took longer to get up to temp, it ran cooler and also after running hard the temp to longer to rise with bike stopped in traffic.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-04-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Could you tell if there was a difference in engine temp. Like did it take longer to get up to temp? I found running my intake mod, so no snorkel, that the bike took longer to get up to temp, it ran cooler and also after running hard the temp to longer to rise with bike stopped in traffic.
Not only did I not check, I don't even know how quick my bike warms up. I go out there, fire it up while I gather my gear, then pull it out and ride. So she warms up some 3 min or so. I don't even check the temp.

I was mainly concerned with low speed performance and it seems like a nice improvement. I should add some cover, but I'll get to that someday, I'm just glad she work because the K&N is brand new, never even oiled and I get to use it for something. I don't ride the other bike, so it was just going to waste.

post #4 of 7 Old 05-04-2018, 07:15 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Not only did I not check, I don't even know how quick my bike warms up. I go out there, fire it up while I gather my gear, then pull it out and ride. So she warms up some 3 min or so. I don't even check the temp.

I was mainly concerned with low speed performance and it seems like a nice improvement. I should add some cover, but I'll get to that someday, I'm just glad she work because the K&N is brand new, never even oiled and I get to use it for something. I don't ride the other bike, so it was just going to waste.
You're not actually intending to run the K & N long term unoiled are you ?

post #5 of 7 Old 05-04-2018, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
You're not actually intending to run the K & N long term unoiled are you ?
No, I have the oil sitting right here waiting to go on, I just needed to know if it was going to work or not. Now that I know it'll work, I'll oil it up.

post #6 of 7 Old 05-07-2018, 08:36 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

how are you keeping it sealed with just the air filter shoved in the hole?

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #7 of 7 Old 05-07-2018, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
how are you keeping it sealed with just the air filter shoved in the hole?
It was mounted to a plate, I removed it from the plate and I'm using the rubber part of the filter at the hole. Ends up a very tight fit, but it does fit and the filter is all rubber once you remove the steel plate. I got lucky that it fit and that I had no use for that filter as the other bike just sits there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode