Removing license plate light - Wrist Twisters
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Removing license plate light

OK, so the question is, does anyone know where I can get or who makes, or any ideas on something to cover the holes once I remove the license plate light? My tail light that I use has an LED light already shining down at the plate and I just want the LED light. Looks kind of stupid having both. I disconnected the stock one for now, but it still obstructs part of the plate.
I want to remove it, but looks kind of dumb with those 3 holes there, and the water might get in too.
I do have fender eliminator kit on the bike that looks like this:

bpolunin is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Need money for parts.
 
ganktor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 629
Rep Power: 1
 
If you just want to fill them, head to a hardware store and grab a couple stainless Allen headed screws. I have them all over my bike for various home made more. Look nice and not that expensive

ganktor is offline  
post #3 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
The holes are not just a screw size. They are fairly large. 2 of them are for the screws that hold the light and the third is the one that bulb holder and wires go through.

bpolunin is offline  
 
post #4 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
wouldnt be hard to fab up a lil plate that went over em. or glue a black piece of plastic over it.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #5 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Toll Runner
 
str8ghtjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hutto
Posts: 1,537
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

http://

Or maybe mount it a lil lower

str8ghtjacket is offline  
post #6 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
I like the placement of the plate... Just hate the look of that stock light. And I really don't need it since my awesome tail light has white LEDS for the plate. I'm not really good in fab department. Could you point me in the right direction?

And just in case, I want this light gone...

bpolunin is offline  
post #7 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Toll Runner
 
str8ghtjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hutto
Posts: 1,537
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Cap the wire and and go to home depot, they have some small black caps for screw holes you can make it blend pretty good I bet, or take a closer picture of the area you want gone and see what the guys here can come up with, I bet someone will have a idea.

str8ghtjacket is offline  
post #8 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8ghtjacket View Post
http://

Or maybe mount it a lil lower

I went more this route. One of the main reasons is because I hate paying tolls on my bike. I think bikes in general should not have to pay tolls.


These are some picture of what I did without going the route of losing the under tail pipes. It just involved a piece of 3/4 inch aluminum angled strap and some of the lighted mounting bolts. I originally did some work on the plate to make it fit better but once I got it mounted properly I ended up not needing it (I don't to hear a thing about my flat spot..).



.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-11-19 14.37.00.jpg (94.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-19 14.36.49.jpg (77.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 2012-11-19 14.36.06.jpg (92.7 KB, 28 views)

rpcraft is offline  
post #9 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Toll Runner
 
str8ghtjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hutto
Posts: 1,537
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Yep thats excatly why I have it sitting there. No Tolls. Went 7 years on my last 9er and never had a toll.

Hey Bp, let me look at mine sitting in the box when I get home and see if I can figure something out for ya.

str8ghtjacket is offline  
post #10 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
what are these toll things you speak of.


and having the plate like that tucked way under is highly illegal.

nd4spdbh is offline  
post #11 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
Toll Runner
 
str8ghtjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hutto
Posts: 1,537
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
and having the plate like that tucked way under is highly illegal.
ya ya ya, never got pulled over for that.

Here as long as its visible form the back of the bike your good, I might be pushing it a lil but owell.

Tolls here are super pricey, its 4 bucks each way to work (17minutes) or sit in traffic for an hour each way. Ill take my chances on the semi questionable plate

str8ghtjacket is offline  
post #12 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
In Texas the law states as long as it is visible and last I checked LEO's do not ride 20 feet in the air. if they can see it from behind at a proper angle from 50 feet away then they really won't screw with you.

rpcraft is offline  
post #13 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by str8ghtjacket View Post
Yep thats excatly why I have it sitting there. No Tolls. Went 7 years on my last 9er and never had a toll.

Hey Bp, let me look at mine sitting in the box when I get home and see if I can figure something out for ya.
Thanks man. I really don't care about tolls since in ATL we only have 1 toll road and it's .50 each way and I rarely go that way anyway.
I'll take a pic tonight of my actual bike with and without that light and post tonight.

bpolunin is offline  
post #14 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Toll Runner
 
str8ghtjacket's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hutto
Posts: 1,537
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Hey Rp, yeah it actully looks way worse than it is, from the back you can see it pretty good with a light and all Ever come down to Austin area let me know.

Bp, sounds good man Im sure well figure something out.

str8ghtjacket is offline  
post #15 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Tirone
 
Tadashi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Burley
Posts: 78
Rep Power: 1
 
Why don't you get a stainless plate made to fit where the light was and just cover the whole area?

Tadashi is offline  
post #16 of 52 Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,759
Rep Power: 1
 
What is this LED brake light with the LED license plate light?

Pvster is offline  
post #17 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
I got this tail light. The bottom where it is blue in pic is actually 5 LEDs pointing down at license plate:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110974110327&ssPageNam e=STRK:MERWX:ACTPNL:LNLK:ITM

I didn't get a chance to take any pics last night. I will do it tonight.

bpolunin is offline  
post #18 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 01:12 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,759
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin View Post
I got this tail light. The bottom where it is blue in pic is actually 5 LEDs pointing down at license plate:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110974110327&ssPageNam e=STRK:MERWX:ACTPNL:LNLK:ITM

I didn't get a chance to take any pics last night. I will do it tonight.
Just an fyi, I'll try to say this as lightly as I can and its not very good lol.

That unit looks like trash. I'm not impressed with the pictures at all and it looks to be just as bad as the C.A. unit if not worse (is that even possible?!)! The built in LED license plate light is pretty cool, but not worth the safety hazard and shitty product that unit looks to be.

Please seriously consider replacing that crap unit with either stock or a CUSTOMLED unit.

Pvster is offline  
post #19 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
Just an fyi, I'll try to say this as lightly as I can and its not very good lol.

That unit looks like trash. I'm not impressed with the pictures at all and it looks to be just as bad as the C.A. unit if not worse (is that even possible?!)! The built in LED license plate light is pretty cool, but not worth the safety hazard and shitty product that unit looks to be.

Please seriously consider replacing that crap unit with either stock or a CUSTOMLED unit.
Thanks Pvster. I have seen CustomLED board installed and even though, it is true that it is as bright as the sun, this product is actually not as bad as you think it is. I personally think it is much better then C.A. and the stock. It is VERY bright including the turn signals. I don't think a tail light should cost over $100, specially an LED one. I think CustomLED is way overpriced and they know it. But they can get away with it just because they are the only one's selling one that bright. Just my personal opinion... My wife said she could see my tail light when she almost couldn't even see the bike from the back and that is pretty far away.
I do appreciate the looking out though.

Now, if I could only figure out how to remove this damn stick plate light and have it neat...

bpolunin is offline  
post #20 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
I'll try to put a video together and show you how it looks if I find time...

bpolunin is offline  
post #21 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
I bought one similar to his ebay find. I'll admit his actually looks cheaper than mine. Mine came with a board and the resistors and you put the board in the stock tail light housing. I swapped to a clear lens just for grins. To my eyes mine is brighter than stock tail light was so I can not complain. I check it just about every time I climb on the bike just to double check stuff.

The one thing I have noticed lately is it seems like my rear brake switch is getting finnicky and I have seen some other comments about it in the forums. I shot it with some wd40 as a stop-gap. Honda must have had issues with those model of brake switches or something because the one on my hawk is 20+ years old and I never had an issue. I already got a pressure activated switch, I just gotta get off my ass and swap it out one of these days... Bleh.

rpcraft is offline  
post #22 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,759
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
I bought one similar to his ebay find. I'll admit his actually looks cheaper than mine. Mine came with a board and the resistors and you put the board in the stock tail light housing. I swapped to a clear lens just for grins. To my eyes mine is brighter than stock tail light was so I can not complain. I check it just about every time I climb on the bike just to double check stuff.
I honestly doubt that, due to the fact that LEDs are very directional and if you look at them at the right angle, they look really bright. When you look at them farther from optimal angle they're not very bright unless they're rated for a lot more power.

Pvster is offline  
post #23 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 05:51 PM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
I suspect what you are saying is true but unless I am being tailgated by a cessna I am pretty confident someone directly behind me should see it, barring they are not driving with their eyes closed or texting on their cell phone.

rpcraft is offline  
post #24 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 06:09 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,759
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
I suspect what you are saying is true but unless I am being tailgated by a cessna I am pretty confident someone directly behind me should see it, barring they are not driving with their eyes closed or texting on their cell phone.
People directly behind you ain't the only ones you gotta worry about What about the ones that are 75+ feet back and are oblivious to the fact you're slowing down while they're going 55+ mph? Or you're at a stop and they're 300 feet back in the dark?

Pvster is offline  
post #25 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
We could argue this all day but here is what matters. I have not done great and varied field testing but I know what I started with and I know this is better than the stock lights were in both brightness and visibility (from a short distance away). FWIW, my definition of directly behind me refers to anyone who is not on the side or in front of me (not just tailgating so to speak. I usually don't allow them to linger there long just because I do not trust them to not be texting or some other dumb shit.

I have had friends comment as to its brightness, so I have to take that for what it is.



I will say this though, I have never walked really far away from my bike and looked closely on it, mainly because I never really thought to but its a good point to check. If the weather holds out over the weekend and its nice and bright and sunny then I will walk a good distance away and have my buddy check the brakes while I walk away and take a look to see how it looks. If it occurs to me to take a picture I will but you know how shit slips your mind when you get older...

rpcraft is offline  
post #26 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 08:50 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,759
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
We could argue this all day but here is what matters. I have not done great and varied field testing but I know what I started with and I know this is better than the stock lights were in both brightness and visibility (from a short distance away). FWIW, my definition of directly behind me refers to anyone who is not on the side or in front of me (not just tailgating so to speak. I usually don't allow them to linger there long just because I do not trust them to not be texting or some other dumb shit.

I have had friends comment as to its brightness, so I have to take that for what it is.



I will say this though, I have never walked really far away from my bike and looked closely on it, mainly because I never really thought to but its a good point to check. If the weather holds out over the weekend and its nice and bright and sunny then I will walk a good distance away and have my buddy check the brakes while I walk away and take a look to see how it looks. If it occurs to me to take a picture I will but you know how shit slips your mind when you get older...
you can't be THAT old....

Pvster is offline  
post #27 of 52 Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,613
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I think everyone would be interested if another taillight option was out there, IF cheaper AND as good as or even just less slightly as good as, the CustomLED one.

If you want to know if it's good enough, on the brightest sunny day you can muster, stick your face right behind it, then have someone stomp on the brake. If it's bright enough to make you look away, it works. That's CustomLED.

If not, move on.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #28 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
All have good points here. It is true that the brighter the better and CustomLED is the way to go. But I am not about the shell out $125 for a board and then another $30-$40 for a clear lens when I can get something else that is not as bright, but still better then stock, looks a ton better, and costs 4th of the price.
As far as the test to stick your face right behind it, I didn't do it on the brightest day, but when I was installing it and testing it, and even after I put everything back together, I didn't have my face right on it, but I could not stair at it for a long time. I did have to look away and I was about 1-2 feet away. And as I mentioned, my wife was complaining to me about my light before, and after this upgrade, she said that it was a huge improvement. She could barely see the motorcycle on the road, but she did see the light and I was not even braking. Just the running light.
Us as riders, we all accept a certain degree of risk getting on 2 wheels. Some tolerant and accept more risk than others, so it will always be a personal preference to what is acceptable to each person.
But again, I truly believe from what I see and what comments I got from others, that this light is bright enough to get peoples attention. And that is good enough for me. And if we found another light alternative to CustomLED and some may find this useful, well, I'm just glad to help

bpolunin is offline  
post #29 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Back to the original post , I took everything off and took the pics of the back holes that I would like to cover somehow, got to work, hooked up my phone, and.... no photos . I will have to do it again tonight...

bpolunin is offline  
post #30 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Aquilifer
 
rpcraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,128
Rep Power: 1
 
BP, this is a little off topic but FWIW I use dropbox on my phone and on my pc (laptop, and android tablet). Dropbox is great because when you take pictures on your phone (provided it is an android or iphone) once you exit the camera app dropbox automatically syncs all the files in your camera folder to your other devices. Then I just go in the house and the pictures are already uploaded on my pc. It's a great way to keep your pictures updated with no cables.

rpcraft is offline  
post #31 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 08:48 AM
i appear missing
 
philth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA
Posts: 542
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin View Post
$30-$40 for a clear lens
don't need a clear lens with CustomLED


philth is offline  
post #32 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
don't need a clear lens with CustomLED
True, but it looks a ton better with clear lens...

bpolunin is offline  
post #33 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
BP, this is a little off topic but FWIW I use dropbox on my phone and on my pc (laptop, and android tablet). Dropbox is great because when you take pictures on your phone (provided it is an android or iphone) once you exit the camera app dropbox automatically syncs all the files in your camera folder to your other devices. Then I just go in the house and the pictures are already uploaded on my pc. It's a great way to keep your pictures updated with no cables.
I do use dropbox, but never thought about using it for the phone. I guess it's a good way to back up pics and videos automatically. Thanks.

bpolunin is offline  
post #34 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 AM
i appear missing
 
philth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: GTA
Posts: 542
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin View Post
True, but it looks a ton better with clear lens...
To each his/her own.
I find clear [or smoke] lens' look way too corny/aftermarket.

philth is offline  
post #35 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Imaginifer
 
bpolunin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Duluth, GA
Posts: 434
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
To each his/her own.
I find clear [or smoke] lens' look way too corny/aftermarket.
True that, to each their own...

bpolunin is offline  
post #36 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,613
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin View Post
True, but it looks a ton better with clear lens...
You mean smoke. ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philth View Post
To each his/her own.
I find clear [or smoke] lens' look way too corny/aftermarket.
And no, smoke lens on my '07 looked SICK. You can kind of tell from the side, couldn't find a direct rear shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-03-26 11.27.57.jpg (300.0 KB, 22 views)

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #37 of 52 Old 11-21-2012, 11:42 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
The smoke lens matches the asphalt gray perfectly. It does look sick!

Good thing for members that buy multiple quantities before stores sell out!
Attached Images
File Type: png ForumRunner_20121121_114136.png (364.2 KB, 24 views)

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
andrewebay1 is offline  
post #38 of 52 Old 11-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Princeps Prior
 
redline919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,894
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin
OK, so the question is, does anyone know where I can get or who makes, or any ideas on something to cover the holes once I remove the license plate light? My tail light that I use has an LED light already shining down at the plate and I just want the LED light. Looks kind of stupid having both. I disconnected the stock one for now, but it still obstructs part of the plate.
I want to remove it, but looks kind of dumb with those 3 holes there, and the water might get in too.
I do have fender eliminator kit on the bike that looks like this:
Take the light off and cut a metal plate and drill some holes in it like the picture. Screw the plate to the plastic undertay . Mine is shimmed out with a bracket to put it under the light better. Put the license plate on. I have the smoked CA light and you can see the plate just fine at night. http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps12ac7297.jpg. http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8f1c282a.jpg. http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/...ps821d40bd.jpg

redline919 is offline  
post #39 of 52 Old 11-24-2012, 08:26 AM
Princeps Prior
 
redline919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,894
Rep Power: 1
 
You may be able to just drill two new holes in the license plate and screw it straight to the plastic undertray or directly onto the light itself also. Since you said you can't do fab work

redline919 is offline  
post #40 of 52 Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 PM
StormSurfer
 
Whiplash97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northwest corner
Posts: 6,039
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpolunin
OK, so the question is, does anyone know where I can get or who makes, or any ideas on something to cover the holes once I remove the license plate light? My tail light that I use has an LED light already shining down at the plate and I just want the LED light. Looks kind of stupid having both. I disconnected the stock one for now, but it still obstructs part of the plate.
I want to remove it, but looks kind of dumb with those 3 holes there, and the water might get in too.
I do have fender eliminator kit on the bike that looks like this:


image-1946985547.jpg

:buell:
Whiplash97 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome