Relocating rear turn signal help - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 06-24-2017, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Relocating rear turn signal help

Hey guys! I hope this post gets some advice because I have a trip coming up and I am a bit stuck.

I am not super mechanically inclined, because this is probably easier than I am making it out to be.

I am trying to install the givi tubular side case racks on my 919er. Its bone stock other than I have the top case mount on it already.

In order to install the side racks I need to move my rear turn indicators up to underneath the top-case rack, and I don't know how to do it!

Do I need to cut the wires leading into the indicator bulb? Or do I need to get at the wire from where it enters my tail cowling..

If anyone has done this before and can briefly explain the easiest way to do it I would be very grateful! Thank you!

I can post pics if this is too confusing.. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-24-2017, 09:50 AM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

IIRC, there was no wire cutting or splicing when I added the Givi monokey side racks and relocated the turn signals. Simply a plug and play operation. I'll try to get some pics for you after office hours today.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
post #3 of 7 Old 06-24-2017, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I've heard people say that but I can't figure out how to do it - would I take the seat cowl off again and get at the wire from under there?

post #4 of 7 Old 06-24-2017, 04:19 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I'm 99.9% sure I didn't have to cut any wires when I installed the racks. Try searching online to see if you can find the Givi instructions.

post #5 of 7 Old 06-24-2017, 05:24 PM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

Yes, the rear cowl has to come off in order to access the turn signal disconnects and then run the wires along the inside of the top box arms and down in between the rear cowl and shovel(rear fender). You don't need to cut any wires or splice into any. Just disconnect the turn signal leads, re-route them, and then reconnect. They will be just long enough if done correctly.

This is providing you have all the parts and a box stock bike with the rear shovel and no "tail-tidy" or anything like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04779.jpg (185.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04778.jpg (116.6 KB, 4 views)

post #6 of 7 Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks so much for this. I bought the whole top rack + side rack second hand so it was a bit of a pain to even get the top rack on properly, so I feel a little stupid that Ill have to take it all off again to re-route my turn signal wires!

Oh well! I guess it won't be too difficult, just a bit time consuming when I go to do it. Thank you very much for your response + pictures, it really cleared it up for me

Cheers!

post #7 of 7 Old 06-27-2017, 05:18 AM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase

The Givi racks(top & sides) are hard to come by.

A wealth of information lies in this website and many members willing to help out.

Good luck with the installation.

Doc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode