Power Commander Map File Names can be misleading - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-08-2011, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
McTavish

Power Commander Map File Names can be misleading

If for whatever reason you want to review your PC map, keep in mind that the map name alone means nothing.

I have just completed doing a map review for rickard.
The map we pulled out was file named and notated as being Mike Wheeler's version 3 dyno derived map circa 2002 for a stock 919.
I mean complete with his added Notes also appearing.
BUT the actual map inputs were anything but.
It turned out that someone had later gone in and significantly altered the map to be exactly the same as the out of the box Power Commander M112-001 map. No notes were ever added, no new map file number or name were created.
So, if the origins of your map are not well known, be very careful not to draw conclusions about what different kind of map to try based on your assessment of how your bike is running, without first making real sure what the actual map inputs are of the map you presently have. Are the inputs really the same as the map writer originally created ? You need to know, otherwise you are flying half blind.
It's best to always do a map comparison based on the map inputs, and not just rely on map file numbers in terms of determining what is in fact loaded into your PC.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Mcromo44 is the man. He put a lot of time into re-maooing my PC. It is the old serial port versio that uses an older program. He changed the fomat manually for me. I really appreciate all the effort you pu into this. I am really happy with my current map. Smoother and more power than I had before. I guess it helps to have a map for our 3500ft elevation. I'm sure that my mileage is going to take a big hit. He did save my original map if I want to use it for long trips. Are you going to upload that one onto the map-share Googleit started?

Thank again.

Spoiler:

post #3 of 3 Old 07-08-2011, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickard919 View Post
Mcromo44 Are you going to upload that one onto the map-share Googleit started?

No I am not, now that it has been determined that the map was actually an out of the box Power Commander M112-001 but identified as being something else.
the M112-001 map is already in the drop box.

Hey, I had fun last night hacking through all this.
Finished off the map reviews about an hour ago.
Pleased to have been able to help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode