Ok this is going to be a long post so bear with me, perhaps I should just start another thread with a different title or change the title of this thread.
Anyway here are the order of events that have lead me to this point. Hope it doesn't put you guys to sleep
1) I buy the bike knowing that it has gouged/scratched right rotor. I do not notice any pulsating on my test ride so I didnt give it any thought. I also am aware that it is a crashed bike & most things, if not all, have been repaired. Test ride reveals everything OK with exception of flattened tires due to 30 psi air pressure
2) Bring it home, spend the weekend replacing all maintenance items. Bike feels much better engine wise with new oil, filter & plugs.
3) Go for my first commute. My commute is 110 miles round trip consisting 90% highway. I get my kicks on the on/off ramps but otherwise I am bolt upright for most of the commute
4) it is here that I notice the front pulsating for the first time & I immediately attribute it to the scratched rotor. I start to look out for a replacement & thats when I update this thread. https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...wap-29967.html
5) I acquire the replacement rotor & proceed to install it this week.While remove the front axle, I notice that it is incredibly hard to get it out. It just would not budge. I had to hammer it out, used a rubber mallet & even then I had to use a small screwdriver's plastic end to really drive the thing out. I didn't give it much thought then since it was the first time I removed this bike's axle & i thought thats how it is. While installing, same thing, I had to hammer it in. At that time too, I noticed the clearance problem. At this time I was convinced that my axle was screwed up too.
6) Go for a test ride & the pulsating has worsened. My suspicions were true. I order a CBR 600F4i axle off Ebay which shares the same part no. as ours. My dealer couldn't get me a new axle as it was on back order till Oct. I also order a new bearing kit.
7) Once the axle & bearings arrive, I dissemble my front end again. Once I have it apart, I try the CBR axle & it slides right in with NO problems. The bearings were shot too as they wouldn't spin with your fingers. Even with the axle in, they spinned very jerkily. I changed out the bearings & put everything back together following the process outlined in the service manual & I was surprised at how easily the axle went in through the fork, wheel & the other fork. Anyway after assembly, I still see that the clearance is not correct, though marginally better than before.
8) I got for a test ride really hoping that the pulsating has gone but alas no. It is 90% gone but the 10% is still there. It is there as soon as you squeeze the brake lever but once you give pressure it goes away. So here I am & this point I am tempted to change the forks & then the wheel itself.
So, this is why I asked for the pics to see if there is something wrong with my assembly.