PCIII map for dual D&D+k&n air filter - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

PCIII map for dual D&D+k&n air filter

I just recently installed a pair of d&d exhaust on my 919, sounds great...I've got a PCIII (along with new headlight and integrated tail light) to be installed this weekend, i was just wondering if all the maps are similar or if it needs to be brand specific? thanks

24/7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 03:23 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSATX919 View Post
I just recently installed a pair of d&d exhaust on my 919, sounds great...I've got a PCIII (along with new headlight and integrated tail light) to be installed this weekend, i was just wondering if all the maps are similar or if it needs to be brand specific? thanks
For a baseline map, I'd suggest starting with the LDH v4 Moriwaki base map.
Originally it was one in .map format, but many, myself included, have converted it to the present day .djm format.
If you can't access it, send me a PM with an e mail address that accepts attachments.

post #3 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Dev
Tirone

You are not even close to needing a pc. If you ran with velocity stacks, no air cleaner box, open pipe, then I'd say, yes, gain a little back. But this is a mild mod without need of a map change, nor a pc at all.

Again, you mod, expect to change this for that. In other words, if you mod, you run a real time dyno on your bike. Spend the money to run a remote AFR meter, blend your air screws, mod your TFI/PC... Too many combination tunes that run different ways.

post #4 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev View Post
You are not even close to needing a pc. If you ran with velocity stacks, no air cleaner box, open pipe, then I'd say, yes, gain a little back. But this is a mild mod without need of a map change, nor a pc at all.

Again, you mod, expect to change this for that. In other words, if you mod, you run a real time dyno on your bike. Spend the money to run a remote AFR meter, blend your air screws, mod your TFI/PC... Too many combination tunes that run different ways.
Odd, after how many runs and how many maps as enabled by the PCIII, I have a Yosh TRS'd 919 that runs like a motor on a rheostat as compared to the former bucking broncho routine.
Meanwhile, you have never ridden a 919 ?
Sorry, but you are way off base.
And the map compare feature as done with the PC software is all the evidence that is needed.
Look at a well mapped 919 as compared to the stock map, and it says it all.

post #5 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 08:06 PM
The Cripple

i'm with mcromo on this one. dont listen to dev, saxx. get that pcIII installed and start playing with maps. nothing will be perfect for you until you get it tuned. but out of all the maps we have so far, i'm sure you can find something that works decently.

also Dev, until you actualy GET/RIDE a 919 and actually work on one. please do not comment on what to/not do with a 919 as you clearly dont know shit when it comes to the 919. thanks.

post #6 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
i'm with mcromo on this one. dont listen to dev, saxx. get that pcIII installed and start playing with maps. nothing will be perfect for you until you get it tuned. but out of all the maps we have so far, i'm sure you can find something that works decently.
SS, This is point/counter point. Fuel injection is a different animal. It has a preset fuel system. There are too many maps that do too many operations once you mess with the AFR. Weigh, how much do I need in hp, vs. chasing a lean vs. cleaning up a lean.

I'm not pushing any pig. I'm explaining a tuning procedure:

PC = Removes fuel, guesses with map, never touches the low speeds.
TFI = Adds fuel, matches OEMap, never goes lean touching the low speeds.

You will see others point out what not to do, but in reality, they have yet to touch their low speed jets for tuning out this noise about needing a fuel cutter at all for that matter. This bike runs rich, correct?

Quote:
also Dev, until you actualy GET/RIDE a 919 and actually work on one. please do not comment on what to/not do with a 919 as you clearly dont know shit when it comes to the 919. thanks.
Pv, until you actually remove your caps on a 919, actually tune those air screws to the smoothing you are missing, please do not run up to me, demanding some sort of respect, when Romo may do a little R&D, know that I have a slight clue what I am doing with a bike in general. This is not rocket science. You clearly do not have the key to the 919 like I need to rude one?

It is like saying, you can't work on this bike, because this fuel injector does this instead? You're kidding, right? You know it all, right? Are you #4 on the totem pole about understanding the generics of the 919?

Sir, I have a shop man you will follow the book, not you. No offense, Pv, but can you explain what happens when a sensor drops out? Watt sort of happens next? This is a question where, I may know the 919, a hair better than you think?

Could you please explain what happens when the 02 sensor goes out? Pv, this is when we separate the men from the pocket pool pants players. For all the marbles... There ain't many... Watt happens when the throttle position sensor fails?

Pv, the last thing you want to do is get that ball of briefs all wadded up, because of a sensor? If you come back and say, I'm not going to answer, lay that excuse down and stand on it, well, that is your call.

You sort of said I had no clue about the bike, but I have to get my mirror out and send it in front of me. I am using your quote or your abstract against you. I have no other choice. You are pushing a pig that is not needed.

If you know FI, if you know this animal, then you can answer what happens when any sensor drops out of the loop. What happens next? If you say you don't know, you have my respect as much as I have for Romo. If you never blended the low speeds after all these years, who's fault is that?

I'll put the blame on you for that? Romo? It was too simple. You are not even a tuner [in my eyes], if you have yet to cap an air-screw either way. Some guy asked if he could take his mufflers off a new bike and ride it without hurting the engine. I said without hesitation, do it!

He came back after a few hundred miles and you gotta guess he might have turned up the wick? If you know your animal in the generic, he came back with this big happy grin. Did he need a pig without mufflers, just a header? No.

Why? Because they all run rich! Okay, some of them run rich, some run 15 to 1 all day long no piggy. Pv, remember, the bow out you standing on that excuse rug says it all. Tell me is tell you.

PeeSea'Ears at the pump Well, that mapiss crap.

post #7 of 43 Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 PM
The Cripple

first off dev, there are no low speed jets. its fucking fuel injected, not carbed. get your facts straight.

second of all, i've actually had my bike professionally tuned, and learned a fair bit in the process. i'm not interested in messing with the butterfly syncs because 1. i dont have the proper tools to ensure it remains synced. 2. i dont have the know-how to do so. 3. it's my daily commute and cannot afford any down time due to any potential fuck-ups.

thirdly, the 919 does not have an o2 sensor so it does not apply here, but to answer your question in brief, it makes the system run overtly rich. i understand the basic principles and i have no need to get into specifics because 1. i dont know the specifics and 2. as long as i understand how it works, how to fix it when it breaks, and understand on the simplest of terms unless it needs to be complicated, then i prefer that method. i try to always follow K.I.S.S.

and yes, i AM saying you have no clue about the 919. you dont know the specific traits of the bike, common failures, common remedies, etc. nor do you know what the bike responds to best. this forum serves as that collective knowledge that you just cannot seem to accept...

i never once claimed to be a tuner, so dont put words in my mouth. how do you "KNOW" what the 919 benefits from or doesn't benefit from if you haven't actually worked on one, let alone ridden one? that's like me saying i know how it feels to be inside your mom and where that mole is on her ass, and how to pinch her nipples. get a grip man.

so i'll say it again, you dont know the 919 specific characteristics, traits, etc. therefore you dont know shit about the 919 specifically. sure you know "generics" but who gives a fuck? surely not i. have a nice day.

post #8 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
first off dev, there are no low speed jets. its fucking fuel injected, not carbed. get your facts straight.
Under the caps, there are terms used to describe the same thing. For example, there is a term called, upper stem, or lower stem. It might be said, upper crown or lower crown. Because I already explained there are no fuel channels like in a carb. There are however, low speed air screws. There is an air 'jet stream' so as one knows parts to a carb and/or a throttle body? Details, my man.

This tech section is called tech. One needs to understand the theory so as to diagnose a problem, repair it, the customer/member is happy? I get a paycheck for working on it? You hand your bike off, remember, so you admit, you have limited hands on ability. Check. You haven't touched the bike deep enough. Now you are going to tell me how the low speeds react to FI... Check.

Quote:
second of all, i've actually had my bike professionally tuned, and learned a fair bit in the process. i'm not interested in messing with the butterfly syncs because 1. i dont have the proper tools to ensure it remains synced. 2. i dont have the know-how to do so. 3. it's my daily commute and cannot afford any down time due to any potential fuck-ups.
Again, there is a communication gap here. I do not hand off my tunes. I apply tune ups to bikes. It says, I better know this bike backwards and so forth, or no one will hire me. You have a profession, I have mine. That is like me telling you what to do in your profession. YOu come here without skills, and now you are on my case? I don't get it? Do you see a pattern here yet?

Quote:
thirdly, the 919 does not have an o2 sensor so it does not apply here, but to answer your question in brief, it makes the system run overtly rich. i understand the basic principles...
I hate to tell you guy, you are being schooled with every post. Overly rich means, a black, sooty plug. A stumble. Poor gas mileage. On and on. I'll have Mr. Crispy prove you wrong, the way he can tune his bike. I hear no hez. I hear no one fouling plugs. I hear someone send others in the wrong direction.

Quote:
and i have no need to get into specifics because 1. i dont know the specifics
Well, this stuff is extremely specific. Ever scan a shop manual? I'm showing you a pattern, guy? When you guys roll those bikes off the trailer, there are others that know their stuff to take your prize home. All because you were out tuned that day. A rainy days says equal hp, now who can ride in it, who can't? Get my drift?

Quote:
and 2. as long as i understand how it works
Stop. That is what I am saying. Either you understand the principals, or the steps do not caterpillar like their tiny legs; never stumbles over the other leg. Those are the steps I am asking for. Stop! Before you chase your tail, what is compression? That is your mantra.

Quote:
...how to fix it when it breaks...
If we were to tune up a bike, you with the caps on, me with my spring loaders, ready to AFR your ankle bracelets, then hand off a bike to a member. Your bike/my bike would speak for themselves.

Quote:
... and understand on the simplest of terms unless it needs to be complicated, then i prefer that method. i try to always follow K.I.S.S.
Is that like the 3 amigos? YOu on the side of the road and the bandits took something from youride?

Quote:
... and yes, i AM saying you have no clue about the 919.
Funny how that pattern plays out. How I swing the mirror, reflect your abstract, your every caterpillar move is, watch this move; "and yes, Pv, I am saying, you are #4 in the pattern of, CITS (clueless in the steps). It is not my fault the book calls the moves. I just follow procedure. What where use following?

Quote:
... you dont know the specific traits of the bike, common failures, common remedies, etc.
Pv, I believe, right now, there is a common trait is a fallacy about some rich running bike? Where, I've pointed out a tuning loophole? I've got a bucket full of throttle bodies, with air screws set all over the place. I think I did my homework, and you haven't even cracked open the book?

Quote:
... nor do you know what the bike responds to best.
LOL... More air, less fuel?

Quote:
... this forum serves as that collective knowledge that you just cannot seem to accept...
Not when it does not step and there is silence when no one is coming back to dispute it. Romo? He gained knowledge. Why do you think I am here? I'm a troubleshooter. Shot 4 theories out of the clear blue sky, it made no sense to me. I follow book, not you, that sort of knows? Sorry pal, I have to know. Or your bike is a boat anchor.

Quote:
i never once claimed to be a tuner, so dont put words in my mouth.
A Tuner is one that can take apart each area, diagnose the problem to a conclusion. I believe there are a lot of good known parts that are sitting on a bench, because that was not it? So basically, you are giving 'surface advice' on the bike. You know the common problems the bike has. That is fine. No problem I can see? If I open the book, explain the 'why'; It seems to be your problem, I go a little deeper into the bike? Calm down, guy. It's just a bike. You are getting upset about nothing.

Quote:
how do you "KNOW" what the 919 benefits from or doesn't benefit from if you haven't actually worked on one, let alone ridden one?
Dude, I can diagnose a bike from here. I don't need to sit on a, 'generic.'

Quote:
... that's like me saying i know how it feels to be inside your mom and where that mole is on her ass, and how to pinch her nipples. get a grip man.
That is what I've been saying. Relax. Hug your mom, find her nipples, squeeze her moles under her sweaty flaps. Mirror comes out so the reflection is back to the bike, not combat boots..LOL

Quote:
so i'll say it again, you dont know the 919 specific characteristics, traits, etc.
Reading up here I do.

Quote:
therefore you dont know shit about the 919 specifically.
I may not know the idiosyncrasies of each model, but unlike you, I do know the product brand enough to walk up to one and have at it like, de-crate the tune.

Quote:
sure you know "generics" but who gives a fuck? surely not i. have a nice day.
That is why you are a surface poster. I post in the specifics. I post where if you have a problem, you are generically walked thru it, so you learn something. And as the mirror turns, It does not matter about what you give a shit about. This is tech. You may rant all you want about your mothers nipples, Pv#4.

Now, title says, dual mufflers, air cleaner sends in the air. It still says, no fuel cutter needed. Unless you want to drag race every fool on the road, then yes, pig up. But if you are just going to do the speed limit, go back and forth to work, WOT once or all day long, your IAP is your friend. Figure that out, Pv.

Adults getting upset over simple science. Adults running up to each other for what? A part on a bike?

post #9 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 06:51 AM
McTavish

Dev, regardless of what might hide below some of the pressed in caps, there are no accessible and intentionally adjustable air of fuel adjustment screws of any kind on the 919 T Bs. The only thing Honda wants touched, and only if it becomes necessary, is Starter Valve Synchronization.

post #10 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 09:18 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

In a matter of mere seconds I can use a Powercommander to alter the injector dwell timing to increase overall performance, reduce drive line lash between shifts and improve the throttle response of the bike.

I can do all of this in a fraction of the time it would take you to make one physical adjustment to any internal setting of the Throttle Bodies.

The entire premise of adding Fuel Injection to an internal combustion engine is to remove the complexity of tuning and the potential for error or failure of internal parts that carbs were subject too. No longer do you have to gain physical access to the fueling system to make changes to the fueling. Additionally Fi mapping allows you to make fueling changes at different rpms, throttle positions, engine temps, ambient temps etc which would be impossible to do with standard carbs. 3D mapping also allows for various ignition curves to be used on command which can be unique to the transmission gear or any other variable within the sensors of the Fi system.

Something else to mention is that most carb sync gauges especially the mercury type are not calibrated high enough to actually improve upon the factory pre-set synchronization of current Throttle Bodies. If you were to sync a set of Keihin throttle bodies with a set of mercury gauges and even some digital gauges we have now on the market the end result would be less accurate than the throttle bodies were to begin with.

post #11 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Dev
Tirone

Romo,

Page 5-69. This is how you read this page. Look at the instructions to the left. Look at the diagram being shown. When it says, 'warm engine, set idle to 1,100 (+/-).' You look to the drawing, find that knob on the bike.

The slow evolution of the fuel injection system removes any idle knob, or a cable handle to pull as a choke. All this is slowly being removed by electronics and little electric motors. However, page 5-69 can still adjust the idle.

For example, ever have a lawn to mow? Ever have the lawnmower run out of gas? Ever notice how the engine revs higher, right before it shuts off? A lot of things are happening there. But for this certain bike, [I have no clue of]. I will apply a principal, Romo. I'm counting on you to swap out bodies and step up to the tuning plate. Because, you sound like a man of reason.

Anyway, back to the lawn mower peak; the thing about that more air, less gas scenario is how high the idle is getting. If you walk the theory, we open the air screws, let in more air, we have an idle problem. We, or say, right now as we speak, I have a problem with the idle on a newer, more sophisticated injected bike. I would have to agree, we have hit a wall for now. This will need a different principal applied for this one.

However, with the clunkers we are on now, we have a knob. I would agree with you, those air screws upset the idle, will spit and miss. Yeah, if we were discussing theory on the ape. This is all about moving the air screws of a bye-gonera. There is no way to bring this twin cylinder's idle back but with a box acting as an 02 sniffer, They have 02 bung plugs at the header. That is how you sync an ape

Think about it. There is no way to bring the idle down. That means, no cable, not physical knob like on the 919. That says, you are still capable of tuning out the fat. That says, I have no sniffer, I won't bring it to anyone. Especially, some pissy mechanic that says I can't tune that ape by ear. I use my ears as my sniffer

post #12 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Romo,

Page 5-69. This is how you read this page. Look at the instructions to the left. Look at the diagram being shown. When it says, 'warm engine, set idle to 1,100 (+/-).' You look to the drawing, find that knob on the bike.

The slow evolution of the fuel injection system removes any idle knob, or a cable handle to pull as a choke. All this is slowly being removed by electronics and little electric motors. However, page 5-69 can still adjust the idle.
5-69 is merely further instruction on how properly synchronize the starter valves.
The starter valves that get actuated by the knob drawn cable.
Confirmation of correct idle speed, or adjustment of it to spec, is a prerequisite to doing any needed starter valve height adjustments.
That is the only significance of 5-69.
And such adjustment should rarely be needed, and most 919s will never need to have it done.
That's what most readers of this thread will want to know about the essence of page 5-69.

post #13 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:05 AM
The Cripple

so dev, you're telling me you actually have access to a dyno, with all the appropriate tools to use said dyno, plus all the computer hardware to analyze the exhaust? if you actually do, then i'll yield a bit and cut you a little slack. if you dont, then i suggest you just quiet down.

again, you clearly dont know the specifics about the 919 when you're touting that it wouldn't benefit from using a pcIII when forum wide its acknowledged that the biggest benefit to the 919 having a pcIII is smoothing out the throttle. sorry, you're wrong. just because you know enough across the board does not make you a know it all, now does it make you educated in the 919. go get schooled yourself.

and just an fyi, i cant afford to buy a dyno, computer, software, hardware, etc to tune the bike myself. so excuse me if i'd rather hand it off to the professionals in that sense. and i'll hand it off to a professional long before i'll let you come close to the throttle bodies. everything else, i've done myself so dont tell me what i am or am not.

again, i ride in the rain. nearly everyday. all your posts do is show us how much of a complete ass you actually are by all the assumptions you keep making. i answered your question regarding the 02 sensor and you're still "schooling me"? yeah, ok.

as far as i'm concerned, you have no skills other than to troll a forum. you've not provided anything regarding the work you claim you do or the results of said work. you keep talking out of your ass and until i actually see something, it's nothing more than just that. you can attempt to bash me all you want and make assumptions in order to make yourself feel better. but at the end of the day the truth still remains. general knowledge gathered on this forum that's been tried and tested for years says you're wrong regarding the pcIII. if you cant handle that, well, there's the door dont let it hit your ass on the way out.

there's no need for a pissing contest because i refuse to participate down on your level toll#1. so keep making assumptions, i'll just continue to laugh at you and counter your false claims regarding the 919. have a nice day toll#1

post #14 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
In a matter of mere seconds I can use a Powercommander to alter the injector dwell timing to increase overall performance
Look, I am in your piggy camp for race pitting next to each other. I understand. This is apples and oranges we have here.

Quote:
reduce drive line lash between shifts and improve the throttle response of the bike.
I will agree with throttle response, but drive line lash? Sounds like you are too loose/too tight. There is a diff, but don't go there, nor oil level either. Some other time.

Quote:
I can do all of this in a fraction of the time it would take you to make one physical adjustment to any internal setting of the Throttle Bodies.
And... Don't make me laugh... All I had to hear was one complaint about how many seconds someone was pulling choke to start the morning mapisscrapiss map. When, it took me a few hours to R&R, set the tune for it's life. Never touch it again. Probably never pull the choke out... If you all backed your ass is up against it to warm it up first with all that hot air I'm ear'inn... I'm just kidding!

Quote:
The entire premise of adding Fuel Injection to an internal combustion engine is to remove the complexity of tuning and the potential for error or failure of internal parts that carbs were subject too.
Read that again. HOw the how heavy is my wire harness with the CAN in the way. How heavy is my bike with a box load of sensors on it. You do know, a carb can beat an FI bike? My guess is perfect AFR. Someone is fueling someone. You can't flow as pure as mother nature. You are electrically close, but no fill in the blank.

Quote:
Additionally Fi mapping allows you to make fueling changes at different rpms, throttle positions, engine temps, ambient temps etc which would be impossible to do with standard carbs.
HOw is that again?
Ever play with a racing ECU? You get it wrong, she trumps your move. What the pc software does not show are those plus/minuses. If your X to Y is out of range with the 're-reader' you go limp mode. That is why you have a whole flew of maps trying one after the other.

The air assist to de-rich says; There are no maps to be changed with a stock setting. We just crisped the fat off the bone. Lean IS MEAN!

Quote:
3D mapping also allows for various ignition curves to be used on command which can be unique to the transmission gear or any other variable within the sensors of the Fi system.
There you go. I have my idea about that transmission mode. Tell me, can anyone explain why they have that gear position setup to the engine? We might land on the same page, but I rather hear it from someone on the magicarpetalkit out.

Quote:
Something else to mention is that most carb sync gauges especially the mercury type are not calibrated high enough to actually improve upon the factory pre-set synchronization of current Throttle Bodies. If you were to sync a set of Keihin throttle bodies with a set of mercury gauges and even some digital gauges we have now on the market the end result would be less accurate than the throttle bodies were to begin with.
LDH, I modified my throttle bodies in such a way, this totally disputes your statement. I burned my fingers on #3 was it? Yeah, I left it alone, because the radiator hose became too hot.

It was one of the smoothest bikes I ever sunk. I can only think of two more. My service manager QC'd every bike before it left the shop. I rebuilt a bank of carbs off a sitter GL1100. The manager even complimented on the smoothness. This is old skool/new school from the same school work.

Bottom line, you had those air screws all along. Were are the guru's? That magicarPITizz waiting....

post #15 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

If you would at least attempt to type in proper sentences with actual words people would take you a lot more seriously regardless of whether English is your first language or not.

I got into this business as a carb tuner long before I started learning about the importance of suspension. Fuel Injection tuning is far superior to carbs in every way. Yes a good carb tune is something to marvel at, but with most current Fi bike systems that have both upper & lower injectors I can alter the injector bias, ignition curve and even the A/F ratio at various engine temp ranges to achieve ratios that are impossible with carb tuning. I can also use a single tuning map to achieve a much broader range of elevation changes without sacrificing throttle response for performance which is an inherent problem with constant velocity carbs versus flat slides or losing more horsepower than absolutely necessary. I have an HRC RACE ECU installed in my main track bike. I am also one of the first people to have installed a custom MOTEC engine management system on the RC51 from the ground up. I know what works and I know that a Powercommander is a welcome addition to a 919 regardless of whether the bike is bone stock or modified to any extent.

I've been intimately familiar with HRC RACE ECU's for over a decade now and have every current version of the software available so don't try to educate me on how a race ECU works...

post #16 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
If you would at least attempt to type in proper sentences with actual words people would take you a lot more seriously regardless of whether English is your first language or not.
Look up james joyce. It is like you are telling him to change his engish. This is drama like someone said. I have respect for Pv, because he says to stick to the topic, shad up already wit the newzoolander and his diaperash of the engwish.

You are heading as #5, when I simply asked, "What is the gear position map all about?" This sends all your years up in smoke, walk like the caterpillar, you'll gain some respect. Pushing buttons on a map that will X and Y your Z tune is not impressive to me. Show me some sort of plaque that says you did this when you tuned that.

I think I explained enough of what I know, so you know, that I know, you are not going to smoke me at the dealer drive. Some vague language about my bike problem? So, as if we are at the dealer drive; Sir, my gear position sensor is acting up. What exactly does it do?

This sort of separates the drama queens from the tech savvy.

Quote:
I've been intimately familiar with HRC RACE ECU's for over a decade now and have every current version of the software available so don't try to educate me on how a race ECU works...
You can count the hours I've been at this bike. I have zero years with any pig unit. Just a few hours of, oh, is that it?

So, I rather tune without any pig. That is watt separates one tune from the other. I'm here to be educated, but it seems the reveres is happening. Again, there is an apparent pattern, as you are in the web of my webbing. This is the magicarPIT, where you have a decade of tuning, I have a few hours of testing.

I have nowhere to go with my tuning. I do not need all that HP if I sit on world's fastest of not the second fastest production bike made. It is all about crisp smoothing, no need for a pig unit on the street. The OP's have a choice.

Why is a gear position senor in play. WATT specifically does it do? I have data. That means, no Mr. Crispy Vague Steps. Because I do not know? I can guess a step. Data makes the move, sort of speak. YOu know, Dave the Director, and his oscar vinning videos?

post #17 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Sorry Ziggy Fartdust, you caint kumquat eden a fracture of cooley highness indesitATION here. You sheeple and tweedle hobknobs and quacktape until your ball bearings drop with shavings needed. JUNO not more bacon strips from lean or phatness IFFEN sniff sniff glory with the gofast goodness.

post #18 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Sorry Ziggy Fartdust, you caint kumquat eden a fracture of cooley highness indesitATION here. You sheeple and tweedle hobknobs and quacktape until your ball bearings drop with shavings needed. JUNO not more bacon strips from lean or phatness IFFEN sniff sniff glory with the gofast goodness.
Finally someone talking some sense.

post #19 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
I TOTALLY, like, GET you there, it was, like, you spoke to my SOUL, man!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #20 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
...I'm here to be educated, but it seems the reveres is happening.
Whatever. All you do is yap about what you think everyone else thinks you think you know and tell everyone else on here what you think they think they don't.

You follow?

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #21 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Princeps Prior

Lol......im gone for a year.....and realize Im missing this.

So.......will a PCIII work o.k. on my dirtbike? it has a TPS sensor.....

..........lmao

post #22 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 09:13 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

dev,

all us us(most likely) would be happy if you showed us a "new path" to tunning the 919. all you need to do is show us! i'll personally drive to nyc(and i hate ny, nothing personal) and deliver a case of beer/bottle of jack,etc. if you just take a 919 adjust it like you say and show us how much better it is your way.

pretty easy,right?

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #23 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Whatever. All you do is yap about what you think everyone else thinks you think you know and tell everyone else on here what you think they think they don't.

You follow?
All I do is goof about what I think you should be on the same page is with me. Everyone else thinks there is a thermometer at the intake port and that is how the whatever knows watt to do next. So says, Mr. Crispee. I think I pissed on thatheoryeah? And I watched the group in unisyn, as if you all understood it. Don't lie, tell the truth now.

Yeah, I can tell, you think?

Romo, found a puzzle, and I was told there wasn't. I'm asking you. I have one sensor in an intake port that walked some theory, the jet hole that is not even there, but the book shows the jet towers in their pretty little cast of characters.

Wort do you want from me? I walk in, go, SheShutmy mouf, look at the ShamWOW shower of poop her nickle. For every nickle, I'll dime you. And with that, I don't know what I just said.

post #24 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 PM
Dev
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post
all us (most likely) would be happy if you showed us a "new path" to tunning the 919. all you need to do is show us!... adjust it like you say and show us how much better it is your way.

pretty easy,right?
Actually, this is more for Joe-A, for advanced. Not for the Average joe. Romo is sitting with body set. He has that for a reason. The 9'r is bulletproof, right? We are on a Honda, right? What are a few caps to do?

This is as if I have to hold LDH's hand; Say, wait here, let me go get your trophies for you on your bike. Where is the stock shock? This is a no turning back, nothing to turn back, but a set of screws you already wrote down. If you know the twists home, you reset what was set at the factory. Pretty easy, right?

Then comes the blending. I don't drink, so lucky you. Send Honda a bouquet of Tell'em I scratch myall's faster. And with that said, how much video do you want to waste your minutes with? I have digital noise. Analog noise. AFR needles swinging in open loop. Needles swinging in closed loop. Computer hacks on the side of the road. The proverbial, lift off of the throttle moving downhill; someone thinks it goes lean? Watch the needle. Me stopping at the side of the road, having the bike stall, messing around with things. Exhaust pops. Stop again, do something to the bike(s). The exhaust pop is eliminated.

You let me know. No piston skirt was hurt in either test my variables video. LOL

Those, Dave My Dull Vid, Waste YOUR Minutes, Not Again! ATE your service.

post #25 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Princeps Prior

I don't get it...... is this a joke?

LOL --- thought Google translator was better than this..... maybe he needs to ask Siri.

post #26 of 43 Old 03-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Immune

I know right? I have a headache from reading Dev. Either this is a joke, long past its humor, or someone should block him from posting so my IQ can recover.

post #27 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 05:30 AM
The Cripple

waiting for vids, until then i call b.s.

post #28 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 05:40 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
I don't get it...... is this a joke?

LOL --- thought Google translator was better than this..... maybe he needs to ask Siri.
We'd hate to see you come back to just see "same old same old" ...................

post #29 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 06:07 AM
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster
waiting for vids, until then i call b.s.
Hopefully he does post up some vids. That's what got him suspended on the bay area riders forum. Fucking goof!

post #30 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 07:42 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

wtf did he say??? i thought it was an easy straight forward request.

hey dev,

i don't need videos. just do as i suggested, tune a 919, pm me when it's done, i'll drive to nyc to see/ride it.
then i'll post back on here what a genius you are. easy to solve problem!!

until then stfu or hit the road

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #31 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Ian

Dev.....aka peniserved (great name btw)

Take your rambling BS logic and gtfo of here. You are doing the same thing here on WT you did on "bay area riders forum" injecting pointless logic and ramblings into otherwise decent conversations. You run around hocking the same wears from site to site.
You are a fucking troll ...... find some other place to sell your bullshit.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=370277

Sorry for the double post, just wanna make sure everyone
Knows what this nonsensical douche is up to.

post #32 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 08:48 AM
The Cripple

no need heli, google banned him. he's gone now.

post #33 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 09:09 AM
McTavish

Must be a poor tortured soul with feelings of mass rejection.
Deserved feelings of mass rejection.

post #34 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

The mods think he might be a former drug addict........or a troll. Either way as Pvster stated we agreed it was in the best interest of our community to Ban him and as such he is no longer a member. We know him by IP as well so if he comes back under another name/e-maill address he will be easy to spot for multiple reasons.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #35 of 43 Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Princeps Prior

no....he's not a drug addict.

Pretty sure he's just another delusional Harley rider.

post #36 of 43 Old 03-03-2012, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

so uhmmm yeah.....anyone got that link with all the shared map files on it?

24/7
post #37 of 43 Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSATX919 View Post
so uhmmm yeah.....anyone got that link with all the shared map files on it?
googl3it is keeper of the gate.
One way or another we can get maps to you if there is any hesitation to give you access to the DropBox.
Generally, googl3it looks for a reasonable period of membership and contributory activity before opening the DropBox door.
I'm glad he does, because it synchs with my laptop for updates.
No doubt some others as well.
PM googl3it and go from there.
For sure, we will help you with maps.

Also.
If you want some info on Pcs re things like synchronizing the PCIII to your throttle positioner, etc., I have an info bundle that is anyone's for the asking. It includes some maps, including the LDH v4 Mori based map I mentioned in a previous post. If you want the bundle, PM an e mail address that will accept attachments.

post #38 of 43 Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Tirone

919 Map

Funny you did exactly what I did and your only 80 miles north of me. I used 2002 Honda 919 Hornet Two Brothers dual slip on exhaust
Stock air filter mapping. It works great from mid to high end. The down side is I have a slight flat spot on the low end. I will be taking it in to have her place on a dyno soon to correct it. Found this place in New Braunfels that is certified by Dynojet to correct this problem. If you want the map let me know and I will email it to you. Hope this helps you.

post #39 of 43 Old 07-08-2012, 05:07 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Good luck with that... We've been over this multiple times on several different forums. Usually it turns out that the flat spot you have noticed is attributed to the K&N air filter and no amount of tuning will alleviate the problem. Reinstalling the OEM filter is an instant fix or so it has been reported by others complaining of the exact same issue you are.

As far as certified dynojet tuners go, well you never know what you are going to get. Just because someone knows how to do the job properly that doesn't mean they are going to take the time to follow all the steps to get your map optimized. Over the years I have witnessed "certified tuners" slam dunking maps just to get your money, I have seen them use an off shelf map from dynojet and claim they tuned the bike and I have seen them completely screw up an otherwise good mapping because they were inept or didn't block the PAIR valves etc... It's like rolling the dice. Hell most of the time you don't even know if the person that went to the dynojet school to get certified still even works at the tuning center or if they are actually the one that will be making your map.

post #40 of 43 Old 07-10-2012, 03:19 AM
Tirone

I appreciate you input and will return to the OEM filter first and see where that takes me. You are not the first to tell me this, but its reassuring to hear it from an unknown outside source. If that does not work than I will seek a tuner and try again. But first back up my mapping. Thanks again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode