OIl Change Service - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Who, me?

OIl Change Service

I am a Certified Honda motorcycle mechanic, and an Amsoil dealer.

Wondering if there would be any interest in a Motorcycle oil change service, at my home here in Grass Valley, California area. I would use Amsoil synthetic oil and Amsoil oil filters.

$75.00 without fairing, $95.00 with fairing. (most Japanese bikes)

Any interest?

Any other ideas?

Contact me for AMSOIL products!

www.rmbsynthetics.com

If it ain't broke, keep fixing it 'till it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 07:43 PM
I killed Barton664

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

That seems like a high price! It only takes 15 or 20 minutes...

Spoiler:
post #3 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Who, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
That seems like a high price! It only takes 15 or 20 minutes...
I priced it at the local dealer. $79.00 with standard Honda oil, + 8.00 per quart for synthetic. So, going by that, the price seems ok. You're right, might be a 1/2 hour job at the most, but some people don't want to/know how to do it themselves. Probably most people here DO know how to do it and probably prefer to do it themselves, but who knows? Thanks for the input

www.rmbsynthetics.com

post #4 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

amsoil runs about 14$ a quart here so that really don't sound too terribly bad a price.... but... thats a looooonnnnggg ride over there to get my oil changed...lol

post #5 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
I killed Barton664

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricko2 View Post
I priced it at the local dealer. $79.00 with standard Honda oil, + 8.00 per quart for synthetic. So, going by that, the price seems ok. You're right, might be a 1/2 hour job at the most, but some people don't want to/know how to do it themselves. Probably most people here DO know how to do it and probably prefer to do it themselves, but who knows? Thanks for the input
Okay, my bad i guess your right. Seems fair if thats what other people are charging. I think for the most part on here you will find people do their own stuff as much as they can. Good luck!

Maybe I should start changing oil around here...

Spoiler:
post #6 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
amsoil runs about 14$ a quart here so that really don't sound too terribly bad a price.... but... thats a looooonnnnggg ride over there to get my oil changed...lol
But you wouldn't have to change it again till you got back to Florida

Dan
post #7 of 16 Old 10-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooridr View Post
But you wouldn't have to change it again till you got back to Florida
yeah ... but i'd have to change it and ride back to get it changed again.... vicious cycle...

post #8 of 16 Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Who, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
yeah ... but i'd have to change it and ride back to get it changed again.... vicious cycle...

works for me. all I need is a bunch of you and I could retire...

www.rmbsynthetics.com

post #9 of 16 Old 10-16-2009, 10:52 AM

barton where are you buying your Amsoil at? That is a lot of money for it! I got mine at a local Napa for $10.50 a quart and the local Honda dealer has it for $11 a quart, I was thinking there was a way you can buy it through someone that is a dealer for like $8.65 delivered to your door. That is what I will be doing for now on.

I still use a Honda filter, is the Amsoil filter a Wix or do they make there own? When I called Amsoil for a oil filter for my CB900 they said they didn't make there own and just sold a WIX with there name on it, is it the same case? I like Wix but is it better then the Honda?

post #10 of 16 Old 10-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Tirone

FWIW Wix makes NAPA's filters.

Dan-o
VMOA #5127
post #11 of 16 Old 10-16-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Who, me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMiller View Post
barton where are you buying your Amsoil at? That is a lot of money for it! I got mine at a local Napa for $10.50 a quart and the local Honda dealer has it for $11 a quart, I was thinking there was a way you can buy it through someone that is a dealer for like $8.65 delivered to your door. That is what I will be doing for now on.

I still use a Honda filter, is the Amsoil filter a Wix or do they make there own? When I called Amsoil for a oil filter for my CB900 they said they didn't make there own and just sold a WIX with there name on it, is it the same case? I like Wix but is it better then the Honda?
$10.35 a quart from my website, + shipping, unless you sign up as a preferred customer, then it should be $8.00 quart + shipping.

I believe Amsoil makes the oil filter, but I'll confirm. This is from Amsoil:

Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters (EaOM)
AMSOIL INC. revolutionized the filtration industry with its introduction of AMSOIL Ea Air and Ea Oil Filters. For the first time exclusive nanofiber technology – the same technology used in the Abrams M1 tank and other heavy duty applications – was made available for automotive applications. Now, AMSOIL has made this outstanding new technology available for motorcycles.

www.rmbsynthetics.com

post #12 of 16 Old 10-16-2009, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Who, me?

AMSOIL is producing an initial offering of 16 Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters manufactured for the most popular power sports applications. Eight of the 16 filters are chrome plated.

Nanofiber Basics
Because the nanofibers in AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filter media are so small, there are more pores per square inch, allowing for higher dirt-holding capacity and lower pressure drop compared to traditional filter medias. Thinner media fibers produce more uniform pore size distribution, improving the filter’s overall ability to capture and retain particles.

Oil Filtration Basics
Clean oil is vital to engine performance and durability. Oil must lubricate, cool and clean the engine as it circulates. In order to remain effective, it must be filtered as it cycles. The filter is connected to the engine sump, which contains the oil pump. Full-flow filters pass all the oil output from the pump through the filter.

The function of the oil filter is to remove the contaminants introduced into the lubricating oil and prevent them from reaching sensitive engine parts without restricting normal oil flow to the various points requiring lubrication. Internal sources of contamination include wear products from the rubbing surfaces of the engine, blow-by gases leaking past the rings of the pistons and degradation of the oil itself. A filter must perform well in the areas of efficiency, capacity, flow and life.

Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters
Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters feature a specially constructed silicone anti-drainback valve and a nitrile sealing gasket to go along with the full-synthetic Ea nanofiber media. The anti-drainback valve provides excellent protection during startup and remains flexible in all temperatures, and the nitrile sealing gasket resists chemical breakdown, providing excellent durability and ensuring long filter life. AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters are fluted for easy removal from the motorcycle and are available in a chrome-plated alternative to the normal black filters.

Superior Filtration
The unique construction and full-synthetic media of AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters allow them to provide unmatched performance in motorcycles and other power sports equipment. EaOM Filters last longer, stop smaller dirt particles and offer less restriction than other filters. Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters provide filtering efficiency of 98.7 percent at 15 microns, outperforming the best cellulose/synthetic blend media on the market. For maximum engine protection, AMSOIL recommends changing the EaOM every time you change oil.

Superior Alternative, Multiple Applications
AMSOIL Ea Motorcycle Oil Filters provide unsurpassed protection for motorcycles, ATVs, four-stroke personal watercraft, four-stroke snowmobiles and four-stroke outboards.

www.rmbsynthetics.com

post #13 of 16 Old 10-17-2009, 06:10 PM

I am aware that Wix is Napa Gold. As for Amsoil filters, again when I called them they told me that they didn't make their own filter for my CB900 and that they just sold a Wix. My question is the 919 Amsoil filter really a Wix as well? Good product either way, just not worth the trouble of shipping and paying extra money if I can drive 1 mile and get it off the shelf.

post #14 of 16 Old 10-18-2009, 04:02 AM
no max no more

i never use so called motorcycle oil or went to a shop for an oil change..if i did that price would fine for a once a year oil change..with a three time a year change it would be a bit much

dont need a bike to ride the fast lane
post #15 of 16 Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Guzzi Man

If you use factory filters

You could get a lot of 600 mile initial service business. Nobody wants to wait on the dealers service dept but the factory filter protects the warranty. Haven't seen many aftermarket companies stand up and pay for an engine failure. Hope you do well in your new gig!

post #16 of 16 Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

When I did "an oil change" there were also a few other items that I checked, at no additional charge.

From memory, in no particular order:
  • Drain vent tube(s)
  • Check brake fluid/fill if needed - Check pads too.
  • Lubricate side/center stand - amazing how many were dry.....
  • Check and adjust cables - throttle and clutch, generally, they needed it. The clutch I did at the engine and allowed for full adjustment at the lever.
  • Check coolant level
  • Check tire air pressure
  • Check air filter
  • Adjust and lubricate drive chain or check rear diff fluid/top off if needed
  • Check all lights to make sure they were operational, and horn. Adjust headlight if needed.
  • Check steering head bearings - (adjustment extra on this one if needed)
  • Check shifter bolt and a few other misc bolts than I knew sometimes became loose.

After I covered the service with the customer, very few people complained when I charged them $80.00+ for "an oil change".

I was/am "Bronze Certified" by Honda

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode