No fuel injector pulse - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hack8989

post #1 of 7 Old 12-28-2017, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

No fuel injector pulse

Bike does not start. Using a multimeter I have 11.9 volts at the injectors. When I turn the key and hit the starter I should be reading a pulse...right? Fuel pump primes, have spark and compression. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-28-2017, 08:38 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack8989 View Post
Bike does not start. Using a multimeter I have 11.9 volts at the injectors. When I turn the key and hit the starter I should be reading a pulse...right? Fuel pump primes, have spark and compression. Thanks for your help.
How do you know that you're not getting a pulse? What gauge are you using? I haven't tried it, but it could be that the pulse is too quick.

It sounds like you have the area opened up, I'd remove the plugs after a crank and check for wet gas and gas smell.

You could also crank it with the plugs out and see if you smell gas.

IDK if there's a fuel air bleeder or anything that would show if the FPR is actually working or not. Maybe someone knows the default position of the FPR, but it might be closing off the fuel supply.

post #3 of 7 Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Used the multimeter on injector #4. I don't think the pulse would be too quick to show up. I removed the plugs...not wet from gas. Went ahead and replaced the plugs since #2 and #3 are so much fun to get to. Did not crank with the plugs out. I appreciate any guidance. I don't want to go to the dealership.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-29-2017, 08:50 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Batteries seems to be the root of all evil with starting issues. If it's an old battery and you haven't had it load tested, you may want to before you get to digging more.

post #5 of 7 Old 12-29-2017, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Using marylandmikes suggestion to test the battery went out to the garage to test under load. Unplugged the battery tender. Put the probes in the plug. Cranked it a few times and it sounded like it wanted to start. Dropped the probes and continued to crank. It started! Runs nice and smooth. I would rather be lucky any day. Thank you for your help.
marylandmike likes this.

post #6 of 7 Old 12-29-2017, 11:34 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hack8989 View Post
Using marylandmikes suggestion to test the battery went out to the garage to test under load. Unplugged the battery tender. Put the probes in the plug. Cranked it a few times and it sounded like it wanted to start. Dropped the probes and continued to crank. It started! Runs nice and smooth. I would rather be lucky any day. Thank you for your help.
I'm not sure I understand. Your battery had enough power to crank your bike, do a compression test, do a pulse check and yet it wasn't quite enough to start and run?

That's strange, I was able to start mine with a pretty weak battery before, I didn't realize they were that borderline on battery power.

Maybe I need to carry a booster because that's kinda scary that you can get stuck just by having a low battery.

How long did the battery crank when it wouldn't start and how fast was it cranking?

post #7 of 7 Old 12-29-2017, 11:38 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

11.9v @ injectors; what is the voltage @ battery?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode