Muffler options! - Wrist Twisters
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ditch
  • 1 Post By ewmin3m

post #1 of 3 Old 01-26-2019, 04:09 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Garage
Muffler options!

Yes yes, this has been talked of many times on this forum, and I have done some peeking, but have found that those posting possess invariably more technical expertise and nous than myself. And as I have a number of possible upgrades to ponder, the opportunity to get educated and help me decide if focusing on mufflers is worth my time and money is too great presently to avoid...

My 05 919 is stock, other than the Danmoto cans. They look okay, in fact I quite like the dual alongside the seat look. However, they are loud and raspy, and I assume there are no baffles due to this.

I am not flush with the notes, and exhaust system was nowhere near my list of main focus points (braided brake lines, PC III, new grips, chain and sprocket). Yet I have an opportunity to grab a Delkevic Y pipe and cans for a decent sum. And then see a single pipe leading to a single exhaust on ebay, which will fit (I believe).

And I wonder what difference to the engine and ride, these potential changes could create?

Does moving to a single exhaust fit with how the bike is set up to run in stock form?

Will the Delkevic cans change performance in any way? Will the single?

Any advice and education is welcome!

Cheers,
D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-29-2019, 07:01 AM
The Instigator

Pretty much everything you need to know is scattered throughout the forum, you'll find far more information by searching for an hour or two than you'll get here, simply because there just aren't that many 919 riders left here.

I will say this though, the biggest reason to go with a single pipe is less stink but it also effects the handling quite a bit, in a good way
ewmin3m and thegutterpoet like this.

2007 919
2003 CBR1100XX
post #3 of 3 Old 01-29-2019, 10:17 AM
Centurion

Garage
I recently moved to the low single pipe, and I don't know if it's because I haven't ridden the moto since september, but it felt a bit quicker off the line than I remember.

I'm sure there are a couple of kg that are shaved off from the dual setup, but I'm not sure how much you can feel that.
thegutterpoet likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode