Lost a Factory Bar End - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Not so Rookie Anymore

Question Lost a Factory Bar End

Motovation Universal Fit Barend Weights/Sliders

Don't know when if dropped off... but been thinking about upgrading and saw these. Anyone have any experience with them? Or suggestions for other options. And yes... I've thought about changing my bars as well... just too many sticks in the fire to take on that project.

Appreciate any comments anyone might have.

Temecula, CA (So Cal)
06-919

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you, that it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown ...
But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother- upside the head...

Pass it on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 01:44 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Was it the left one. Do yourself a favor and locktite the shifter bolt. These bikes are known to lose both.

Sorry, no experience with the Motovation weights.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Guzzi Man

Blue locktite is invaluable as you no longer have to stop on rides to try to find a part that vibrated off. Too bad I didn't know about it in 69 when I bought a BSA 441 Shooting Star single cylinder! I think the motovation barends for the 919 can be returned for a full refund less shipping if they don't meet your expectations.

post #4 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Hey Stiggy: This is not meant to be a "told you so" but if you had looked at the 919 Helpful Topics under Heads Up you could have avoided the loss.

post #5 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 03:55 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

those bar ends are $90, but new handlebars are only $62.

I have some stock bar ends if you are interested, or some chrome ones that say RR.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #6 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 04:10 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Veteran Donation 
Total Awards: 2

post #7 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

look up the suburban machinery bars... those are what i have with bar end mirrors... they are a little buzzy but i don't worry bout trivial stuff like that...

post #8 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

My stock 919 bar ends are doing duty on the yellow Hornet, one even has a flat spot to prove its worth.

Just checked out those Motovation bar ends, nice stuff, they make great sliders. These Rizomas are suprisingly less expensive though, have been considering them for the 599...http://www.pjsparts.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=178

And as I continue to edit, those Motovations with the bar weights are pretty trick, might make a difference if you're experiencing the infamous handlebar buzz.

post #9 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 07:26 PM
FXS
Knees in the Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Was it the left one. Do yourself a favor and locktite the shifter bolt. These bikes are known to lose both.

Sorry, no experience with the Motovation weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestib1 View Post
Blue locktite is invaluable as you no longer have to stop on rides to try to find a part that vibrated off. Too bad I didn't know about it in 69 when I bought a BSA 441 Shooting Star single cylinder! I think the motovation barends for the 919 can be returned for a full refund less shipping if they don't meet your expectations.
AH HA !!! Soooo.... HONDAS......VIBRATE PARTS OFF ?!?!..sorry...couldn't resist.....

Never pick a fight with an old man..if he's too tired to fight, he'll just shoot you.
1979 H-D Low Rider (orig owner)
2009 K 1300 S (Lava Orange...the faster color)
post #10 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Vintage Honda

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

I read the advice. Locktite on the shifter and bar-ends. When the shifter bolt fell out a 10 mm bolt got me home.. The shifter bolt is machined and costs about $18.00. I should have listened. With all the good advice on WT and I chose to not pay attention...how stupid of me..

I do believer there is quite a bit of vibration in the 919. I feel it more in my butt than my hands. I did use loctite on the Motovation sliders I put on two nights ago. Now I listen.

post #11 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Not so Rookie Anymore

Yes - Yes I know... lock-tight is my friend... The funny thing is, the left one was the one always coming loose.... but the right is the one I lost. I had put some lock-tight on the left one and it's still tight as can be... I'm usually pretty good about noticing things like loose parts... this one just got past me. Just enjoying my ride too much. Funny thing... the only reason I caught the problem is that my right-hand kept getting buzzed on my commute. That never happened before... I thought it was something else that was wrong... ended up just being that the bar end was gone!

I'll take a look at the different options mentioned. And thanks for the offer Zookmor... I'll let you know if I decide to go that route.

Temecula, CA (So Cal)
06-919

Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.
Remember when someone annoys you, that it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown ...
But it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother- upside the head...

Pass it on.
post #12 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 08:10 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggy8 View Post
Yes - Yes I know... lock-tight is my friend...
red locktight is your bff... and that means forever..

post #13 of 16 Old 05-31-2009, 10:50 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I might have the right bar end bumping around somewhere if you just want the stock one. Let me know if you want me to look for it.

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

post #14 of 16 Old 11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Tirone

bar ends

i got the bike with the left bar end MIA and the right one is loose. i went to tighten the right and it keeps rotating???? advice?? factory bars and weights

02 919
07 Bandit 1250 - hers
post #15 of 16 Old 11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I checked the bar ends after reading the helpful tips, they were so tight I couldn't loosten the screws. At 600 miles I installed my Throttlemeister and the left screw was so lose I could have removed it with a pocket knife. I immediately locktited the shifter bolt....

post #16 of 16 Old 11-05-2009, 10:28 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I was just out at Motovation today! I rode up to pick up my frame sliders. Wish I could comment on the bar-ends. Everything in their glass case was oh-so-shiny, I can tell you that much.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode