Kill Function - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 02:37 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Kill Function

I just completely rewired my Dyna 2000 ignition on my 2006 Honda 599. Looks much better than what the local shop did!

When I had the Dyna 2000 ignition installed, I lost my side stand engine kill ability. That is when the side stand is down and the transmission is in gear, a wire is shorted to ground to kill the ignition. This worked with the stock ignition, but for some reason the shop never connected to the Dyna 2000. Since I have made the kick stand down and drive away mistake a few times, I would like to have this function back.

The Dyna 2000 has one orange wire that is suppose to be used to enable this function. Only problem is that I cannot figure out where to connect it. I tried the green with white stripe wire that connected to the old ignition control unit, but it kills the bike every time I pull the clutch or put the kick stand up in gear or neutral. I then tried the solid green wire which just always kills the engine. I expected this since the solid green is a ground, but tried anyways.

Does anyone have any idea what single wire is used to connect to the Dyna 2000 ignition to kill the engine when the kick stand is down and transmission is in gear?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-03-2014, 09:17 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Here are my diagrams:

post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2014, 06:44 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

They can't spell safety. I'm scared.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided

post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 08:14 AM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

It took some doing to figure out the kill function stock, and given the assumption that the Dyna ignition unit operates in the reverse of the stock system (stock it has to see a ground to disable the kill function as opposed to the Dyna unit that kills when the Orange wire is grounded) I figured out a relay type inverter that should do the trick. One glitch, however -- the stock system has a clutch switch wire that (I assume) prevents the ignition kill when in neutral and the clutch is pulled in. In this case that would kill the ignition whenever the clutch was pulled in neutral. The clutch switch wires need to be shorted together to prevent this. Other than that this circuit should work. The Green / White wire is connected the relay coil, the Dyna unit Orange wire to the common contact, and the normally closed contact is grounded.
Here's the circuit:Side stand down ignition kill.jpg
The current across the contacts is minimal, so a miniature 12V relay would serve nicely.

That's it for now.

Good luck.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode