Ignition coil wrong on 919 manual? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Ignition coil wrong on 919 manual?

Can anyone tell me if the ignition coils on page 377 (17-0) in the manual are right. My spark plug wire are numbered and they go as follows. The coil behind the radiator is numbered for 1 and 4 and the coil on the left side is 2 and 3(clutch side) The manual says left side is 1 and 4.? Now the diagram underneath the (system diagram) shows #4 is Y/Blu, which is the front coil. #3 is BLu/y Which is the left hand side coil. I've read from others here that I am right and the picture here is wrong.? What does your 919 look like?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Le So Cal Troll

first off... please stop making new threads, use your original thread and if you want the name of it changed to something more generic then hit up a moderator.

It doesnt matter what coil fires what pair, so long as the harness is plugged into the proper one corresponding to the proper pair of cylinders. that stated one coil has a set of wires that fits better to its pair of cylinders compared to the other.

post #3 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I'm have not learned the ways of this site yet, post vs. thread. I will learn! Also I was hoping for a quick reply. Thanks for info on coils. I just wanted to have the facts of the manual straight.
I just got a call from the news station and they wanted to know what was going on with my 919.
Told them about doing compression test. Got 135 psi on 1,2 and #4 cylinders and 180 on #3. She told me to take my bike in and tell them to fix it or they WILL send a cameria crew out to investigate the situation.
So I want to have all my information correct..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode