I want to move the mirrors forward, any ideas? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 04-02-2019, 11:40 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

I want to move the mirrors forward, any ideas?

I want to move the mirrors forward so that I can see them better. I had an idea of using those adapters that move them wider and use them to move them forward, but they aren't as long as I'd like. Some are 40mm, I'd like quite a bit more than that.

Can't seem to find them, anyone have any idea of an "off the shelf" solution?

Alum square bar, rounded edges and holes drilled in the ends?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 12:10 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Why not just get a better pair of mirrors

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #3 of 5 Old 04-03-2019, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanktm View Post
Why not just get a better pair of mirrors

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I don't have a problem with that, but I want them to be in my field of view all the time. Right now, I don't see them at all until I move my head.

I'm not a fan of the round mirrors, I'd rather have a dual mirror with a convex built in and wide instead of round.

However, there's still the issue of where they are located in the field of view. If you look at some bikes, they have mirrors out front, that's what I want.

If you look at this pic, you see the mirrors are several inches forward of the grips. This should be in the field of view without having to move your head.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spor..._HXfVDSkHVhKM:

post #4 of 5 Old 04-05-2019, 12:24 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

If you want to go outside the box in this matter it would be wise to check this, or something similar, out:
https://www.amazon.com/FOOKOO-Wirele...11-spons&psc=1
Mount the camera, which has a 170 degree viewing angle, above the license plate, and mount your phone with a standard hands free mount in, or close to, your range of vision and Bob's your uncle.

Of course it may be a good idea to keep at least one rear view mirror where it is visible to any police officer to prevent unnecessary pull overs for lack of rear view mirrors, and in case the primary viewer malfunctions.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
post #5 of 5 Old 04-05-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtharalson View Post
If you want to go outside the box in this matter it would be wise to check this, or something similar, out:
https://www.amazon.com/FOOKOO-Wirele...11-spons&psc=1
Mount the camera, which has a 170 degree viewing angle, above the license plate, and mount your phone with a standard hands free mount in, or close to, your range of vision and Bob's your uncle.

Of course it may be a good idea to keep at least one rear view mirror where it is visible to any police officer to prevent unnecessary pull overs for lack of rear view mirrors, and in case the primary viewer malfunctions.

Rob
That's one of the options I was looking at. I actually wanted a wired version instead of WiFi, but same idea.

I'm a bit concerned about having a backup if they fail, but having one as a center view and two more for each side sounds great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode