Honda 919 top bridge color match - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Islandboy

Old 10-25-2017, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Question Honda 919 top bridge color match

Has a matching or close-match paint for the top bridge been found in an off-the-shelf aerosol spray can? Mine needs painted due to marks or blemishes and I'd hate to have it matched, and spray in such a small amount. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4094.jpg (86.6 KB, 18 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 03:07 PM
919 Rider

Here you go, pics of some paints I've used. Rust-Oleum Flat Aluminum for all the silver bits on bike. Dupli-Color Cast Coat Iron for the slug grey engine. And a VHT Satin Clear which I use as a final coat over the previous two paints. The clear coat will protect the other two. The two color paints are very close but not exact. I've redone my entire bike with those paints. Been on for over a year still looks great. I also used a Rust-Oleum grey primer as a prep. Not sure what paint type Honda used. Looks like one coat and probably cheap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017-10-26 08_1508968487019.53.59.jpg (174.9 KB, 14 views)
supersix likes this.

Old 10-25-2017, 05:20 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Here you go, pics of some paints I've used. Rust-Oleum Flat Aluminum for all the silver bits on bike. Dupli-Color Cast Coat Iron for the slug grey engine. And a VHT Satin Clear which I use as a final coat over the previous two paints. The clear coat will protect the other two. The two color paints are very close but not exact. I've redone my entire bike with those paints. Been on for over a year still looks great. I also used a Rust-Oleum grey primer as a prep. Not sure what paint type Honda used. Looks like one coat and probably cheap?
To paint the engine, did you hoist it out of the bike? What was the process like?

2002 Honda 919
1999 DR650
1998 GS500 - sold
2014 Ninja 300 - sold

Old 10-25-2017, 06:11 PM
919 Rider

I painted the engine in the frame. Also in parts. At one point I had the airbox and throttle bodies out. I removed the radiator/fan, coolant hoses, starter motor, headers, drained oil. Took of valve cover, clutch cover and alternative cover. Those last three parts I painted off the engine. The rest of the engine I painted in the frame. Lots of masking tape and newspaper. Lots of prep. My engine is 15yrs old. Some stone chips on the front and a little paint lift here and there. I might mention I had a small oil leak from the head gasket so I wanted to remove valve cover and replace gasket. Checked valves at same time. I wanted to replace the coolant hoses, clean/service the throttle bodies, really polish the headers etc
Basically I was stripping down and servicing the bike so took the opportunity to paint the engine. Engine came out slightly darker. None has lifted and I've had that thing running hot. I don't remember using a primer on the engine. I did spend hours sanding it all back. Cleaned it really well. Gave it a couple of coats with the cast coat color then a couple of the clear. I took some pics of the head cover when I did that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170118_090447_1508980052489.jpg (190.9 KB, 14 views)

Old 10-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Left of Centre

I stored this note ages ago, possibly from Mcromo - don't know if it helps:

Hornet side cover paint

Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV
T408 Pewter

For all the Canuks out there..
For what ever reason, Duplicolor does not carry in aerosol the T408 color in Canada

You can get the same color in touch up bottle with the brush - The color is GM 382E Pewter, and Duplicolor part# NGGM490
If you can find a local paint shop that make custom aerosol paints, you could give them the GM color code and bob is your uncle…

What I found to be the closest of all is Duplicolor's Stainless Steel, part number SS100. The color matches more closely than anything else I tried. It is just about as spot on as it's going to get- not too gold... not too silver... just right. The finish also more closely matches anything else I tried. It is also just about as spot on as it's going to get- not too shiny... not too flat... just a nice satin... just right. The metal flake is just about as spot on as it's going to get as well- not too flaky, sparkly, or glittery... not too plain... just right.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:42 AM
McTavish

I believe that K1w1Boy's colour matchings are in terms of an 05 model year.
Some components had different colours in prior years.

I don't know who did the original colour number contributions.
It was not me.
I might have found something in the past and reposted it.
Thank you to whomever it was, and also to K1w1Boy for taking it a step further.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

I found Eastwood Aluma-Blast to be a very close match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p10109Z.jpg (33.1 KB, 5 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in