Honda 919 rear brake bracket for 220mm rotor - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 05-24-2016, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Honda 919 rear brake bracket for 220mm rotor

I'm looking to swap the rear brake rotor on my 919 from a 240mm (stock 919 only) to a 220mm (every other Honda made). What is the correct rear brake bracket to use. I thought the VTR1000 was the correct bracket but it looks like the groove for the swing arm bracket is at a different elevation. Who's done this upgrade and what worked? I'm ready to modify the VTR bracket but I'm hoping someone can save me the effort.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Tesserarius

post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2016, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Thanks for the second link. I had not seen that one but I did see the 1st link. the following looks to be the way that 9nineteen did the upgrade. He modified the 900RR bracket. I was hoping there was a no mods needed bracket. The VTR bracket will work if the "groove" is cut off and moved about 5/8" higher on the bracket.

To keep the caliper holder from spinning, a "tongue and groove" method is used on both the 919 and the 900rr.

The 919 has the "tongue" mounted on the swing arm. The 900rr has the "tongue" on the holder. Take a look at the 900rr holder. . .there is a "groove", not deep but still a groove, right below a threaded hole. This shallow groove will now serve as, you got it, the mounting "groove" on the 900rr holder. This groove's depth can be increased by using an 8mm bolt in the threaded hole. But the best way is to have aluminum square rods welded above and below the groove to deepen (for added strength) and lengthen (for chain adjustment allowance). Cut off the old mounting tongue off the 900rr caliper holder for a clean look.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode