Help with Delkevic installation - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Help with Delkevic installation

So, I知 replacing the crappy Two Brothers exhaust that came with my 919 with Delkevics. Got the shock off and the y-pipe installed without too much trouble. Now I知 to what should be the easy part, but I知 totally stumped how the strap is supposed to be bolted to the bike. The bolt is too short to go through the spacer, and I have no idea what the piece with the two holes is for. I feel like I知 missing pieces or just being a dumbass. Anybody installed Delkevics that could help me out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D39152E5-E7A3-4847-A6A9-057BF151717F.jpg (293.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 28C72560-75D2-4350-95C4-75710BF53A4E.jpg (146.3 KB, 12 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Milites Gregarius

I just had Delkevic send me that hardware for my non y pipe kit, so it痴 kinda fresh in my memory!

The spacer goes where the Honda mount is, then the bracket, then the original exhaust bolt goes through them.

Then the Delkevic bolt goes through the strap, then the bracket, then the nylock nut.

I think Islandboy suggests a small spacer between the ends of the strap to release a bit of the tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #3 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 05:08 PM
919 Rider

The spacer goes onto the top mount. The piece with two holes in it is a hanger. One end bolted to spacer, other end bolted to exhaust bracket.

post #4 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Ok, so I知 not crazy! I guess I need to order the 2 stock bolts since I never had them to begin with. Thank you both very much, I never would have figured it out.

post #5 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 05:14 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rshackleford View Post
Ok, so I知 not crazy! I guess I need to order the 2 stock bolts since I never had them to begin with. Thank you both very much, I never would have figured it out.

No worries. What did the 2bros use, are they too short or something?

post #6 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

The two bros was a single can that hangs from an L bracket that mounts underneath with three really short bolts. Was hoping to get this done today, oh well I知 just glad I know how to put it together now. Not having two stock bolts, what a dumb thing to get held up by.

post #7 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 06:13 PM
919 Rider

Even though it's not a Delkevic can these pics show the stock exhaust mount bolt and basically how you would hang the end can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171209_175636-1_1523495044197.jpg (177.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20170927_115709-1-1_1523495468083.jpg (98.5 KB, 12 views)

post #8 of 10 Old 04-11-2018, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Makes perfect sense now, thanks for the pictures. Without the stock bolts I had no idea what was going on.

post #9 of 10 Old 04-12-2018, 05:30 AM
Tirone

Good luck with the Delkevics! I put a set on a Yamaha bike I had. The "kit" came with no instructions. They never answered repeated requests for information on how the various parts were to be used. I ended up making my own brackets because there was no way the pile of stuff they sent was going to mount those mufflers on my machine. Then after all that work, two weeks later one of the mufflers became obnoxiously loud. We ended up disassembling the mufflers (pop rivets) and found that the loud one only had a partial fill of fiberglass. Replacing the fiberglass fixed the problem but in the end I gave the whole set away because they never really fit correctly.

post #10 of 10 Old 04-12-2018, 05:53 AM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailing_Throttle View Post
Good luck with the Delkevics! I put a set on a Yamaha bike I had. The "kit" came with no instructions. They never answered repeated requests for information on how the various parts were to be used. I ended up making my own brackets because there was no way the pile of stuff they sent was going to mount those mufflers on my machine. Then after all that work, two weeks later one of the mufflers became obnoxiously loud. We ended up disassembling the mufflers (pop rivets) and found that the loud one only had a partial fill of fiberglass. Replacing the fiberglass fixed the problem but in the end I gave the whole set away because they never really fit correctly.

That sucks. Their support was really good for me just recently, so hopefully your issue was something they致e learned from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode