header cleaning and turn signal mods - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
MSF blacksheep

header cleaning and turn signal mods

I finally got around to cleaning my header. I found that a green scrub pad laced with some wd-40 did the trick. I decided to scrub in one direction, i.e. up and down like stroking a pole, as opposed to swirly action. His gives the headers a slight "brushed" look which is nice.

Now for the turn signals. I have a CA integrated sequential tail light in the rear and proton flush mounts up front. I noticefrom the get go that the tail light was supposed to have 4 rows of amber leds for each side but it was only lighting 2. I tried resistors, a custom leds flasher relay, and a combination of the two but couldn't get the tail light to work properly. Upon some trail and error i found that the tail light or the protons up front don't need a flasher to flash. They both have flash cycles built into the board. So now eveything works like it should and i have a little more room under my seat due to the flasher being removed. I just soldered the connector together and taped it.

Pics and a video to follow.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Need money for parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
I finally got around to cleaning my header. I found that a green scrub pad laced with some wd-40 did the trick. I decided to scrub in one direction, i.e. up and down like stroking a pole, as opposed to swirly action. His gives the headers a slight "brushed" look which is nice.

Now for the turn signals. I have a CA integrated sequential tail light in the rear and proton flush mounts up front. I noticefrom the get go that the tail light was supposed to have 4 rows of amber leds for each side but it was only lighting 2. I tried resistors, a custom leds flasher relay, and a combination of the two but couldn't get the tail light to work properly. Upon some trail and error i found that the tail light or the protons up front don't need a flasher to flash. They both have flash cycles built into the board. So now eveything works like it should and i have a little more room under my seat due to the flasher being removed. I just soldered the connector together and taped it.

Pics and a video to follow.
I need to clean my headers too, but hopefully i can come up with some other way to describe it so I don't feel quite so dirty afterwards.

post #3 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
MSF blacksheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganktor View Post
I need to clean my headers too, but hopefully i can come up with some other way to describe it so I don't feel quite so dirty afterwards.
I knew it was dirty but considering my audience i figured it was the best way to get my point across

The pic of the header shows the 2 closest to the camera being cleaned. And the rest should be self evident.

post #4 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
MSF blacksheep

post #5 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Need money for parts.

what kind of oil filter is that?

post #6 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
MSF blacksheep

Mobil 1 m1-110. Found at any car parts store

post #7 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Need money for parts.

will have to put that on the list.

side note - when i bought mine there was a sweet orange fram on it. who puts an orange filter on a black naked bike? lol.

post #8 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
MSF blacksheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganktor View Post
will have to put that on the list.

side note - when i bought mine there was a sweet orange fram on it. who puts an orange filter on a black naked bike? lol.
Yeah, I've seen it. The only bike it looks good on that I've seen is an orange z1000.

I stand corrected. I just looked to make sure of the part number and its a m1-108. I now remember that either 110 or 108 will work but the 108 is a larger filter.

post #9 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 AM
a.k.a. Macgruber

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I use the Purolator filter, which was fine when it was dark blue... but the last couple of them have been a nasty tan color - with the sure-grip surface so it looks like tan velvet.
The first one I got, I taped the end of it & painted it black.
By the second one, I just got lazy & said eff it.

Abba Zaba, you my only friend.
post #10 of 10 Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Need money for parts.

i have a honda oem one on right now. flat black. looks good, but I kinda like the mobil products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode