Got the OEM clutch disks, there are 3 different ones. - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KarlJay

post #1 of 4 Old 01-18-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Got the OEM clutch disks, there are 3 different ones.

Just got the parts for my next project. Partzilla OEM friction disks and OEM clutch cable.

The cable wasn't fully retracting and I tried lube, adjustments, but it still wouldn't pull back that last little bit. So for $19, I'm going to replace it.

I started noticing a bit of clutch slip, I was waiting a sec for it to grip, then take off, so I figure she's worn out.

Took everything out of the package. The Inner most is a different size and part number, the middle 6 are all the same (but have different stamps on some A14, A15, A16) the outermost disk looks the same except the color of the material and the spacing/size of the friction stubs.

The last Honda clutch I did, IIRC, didn't have any difference between them, but it was aftermarket.

Just letting anyone know if they go aftermarket, they might be the same design and not marked. The cost for OEM was very competitive.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-18-2018, 04:15 PM
919 Rider

Probably good choice going OEM For those bits. Any chance you could document your clutch rebuild, with pics?

post #3 of 4 Old 01-18-2018, 05:42 PM
Tesserarius

Sounds right, Karl.

Clutch replacement is pretty easy. I've had to do a couple, because I put the wrong oil in the '81 900F, and later years, my 929.

post #4 of 4 Old 01-18-2018, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
Probably good choice going OEM For those bits. Any chance you could document your clutch rebuild, with pics?
I'm thinking of doing a write up because some things might be a bear if you do it wrong and because I also replaced the cable.
Islandboy likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode